What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How will you be spending your Forumspringa? (1 Viewer)

ignatiusjreilly

Footballguy
We have at least a day or two, possibly a week or longer, with no forums. And while I know that @Joe Bryant mentioned the timing isn't ideal for the site, the way I see it this is usually around the time I start digging into the Shark Pool more, so I figure I can take this time away and be tanned, rested and ready to dive into the new season by the time the forums are back. But I also think that any time your normal routine gets disrupted, it offers a good opportunity to take a long look at how you're spending your time and re-evaluate if necessary.

So here's what I'm going to be doing with all that extra free time (and ideally continue doing even after things go back to normal):

My family: No, it's not like I'm usually avoiding my wife and kids to type out just one more retort to someone in the PSF, but it just so happens that they returned yesterday from two weeks away (I wasn't able to go because my recent health scare prevented me from flying). So this is more of a reminder to take the week and enjoy having them back in my life

Reading: This is more of a direct relationship. I like to get a lot of my reading done at night after the kids go to bed, but there are definitely times when I'll pick up my laptop instead and waste a bunch of time posting stuff. There are a bunch of books I've had on my list for awhile that I want to try to get through, particularly before football season starts and I'm spending three nights a week watching games.

Whatchoo got?

FFA Withdrawal Symptoms

24 – 72 HoursYou may experience irritability, sleep disturbance, and anxiety during the first few days of withdrawal. Other symptoms can include nausea, stomach issues, headaches, and cold sweats. Cravings are also very common during this time and may be intense but subside over time.

72 Hours – 1 WeekIt is during this time that you can expect any withdrawal symptoms you’re experiencing to peak. Many people experience heavier cold sweats, restlessness, and sleep difficulty during this time. Symptoms typically subside towards the end of the week.

1 Week – 2 WeeksTypically, the most intense physical symptoms begin to subside significantly. It is common for sleep disturbances, depression, mild cravings, and mood swings to persist.

2 Weeks – 1 MonthDuring this period, symptoms will continue to steadily decrease in intensity and frequency. Most remaining symptoms will be psychological.

1 Month +At this time, most acute symptoms of marijuana withdrawal should have ceased. You may continue to feel occasional cravings, but these will typically be much milder than those you experienced during the earlier periods.

what did i miss?

the FFA is being disabled for a time?
The mafia is running the web platform that Joe had been using to host the forums. They tried to squeeze him a little too hard and Joe woke up one morning with a horses head in his foyer. Now Joe is planning on running the forums on the "truth social" media platform. Buckle up. It's going to be a wild ride. *

* - These events are as depicted on the truth social network. All rights reserved.

The mafia is running the web platform that Joe had been using to host the forums. They tried to squeeze him a little too hard and Joe woke up one morning with a horses head in his foyer. Now Joe is planning on running the forums on the "truth social" media platform. Buckle up. It's going to be a wild ride. *

* - These events are as depicted on the truth social network. All rights reserved.
All true, except, as befitting the level of discourse on the PSF, it was a different part of the horse's body

Users who are viewing this thread