What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (1 Viewer)

Anyone listen today? Did he address the lousy selection? It's clear that he had some kind of deal with CBS cause none of the replays chosen were ripping Moonves.

Also WTF is up with the 20,000 hrs of tapes he keeps touting? Just get a 3rd channel (or throw Bubba and that jackass Ferrall) off 101 and just start putting up the tapes.

I love Howard but he starts and stops more projects than anyone - Fartman, HS years, Porky's remake, etc...Just hire someone to pick a few tapes and put them on the air!!!! How hard can it be to pick a few???

artie sounded like a bi%&h when he was whining about not getting paid by Dice yet.
I think the money actually didn't have that much to do with it. It seemed more about being lied to and being used by Dice. All Dice is doing is trying to capitalize on Artie being on Stern and the promotion that comes with it. It's clear Artie thinks Dice lied about calling and even lied about the check being in the mail. It seemed more like he was pushed over the edge. Great radio.

Big return of Crazy Cabbie today. Out of prison and still nuts
I don't think he'll be long for the outside world.How about that "cum paste" call the other day. Man was that cruel. Howard got blasted by e-mails for being mean, but I thought it was hilarious.

I set my Sirius receiver to 92.3 so it'll override other cars near me listening to O&A on the L.I.E. :D

That argument was why nothing beats the Stern show
An hour and a half long.Replay soon on 101. I missed about a half-hour in the middle. (the Ralph call)
What did you think of the whole argument? When ralphie cakes came it it went into overdrive man. :lmao:
It was hilarious. I didn't hear them talk about it, but did Dice ever meet Artie In L.A.?Artie always seemed to be in a bit of awe around Dice, but I think that's over.

Been in California this week without my car. Have only heard bit over the net, miss the program very much!

That argument was why nothing beats the Stern show
An hour and a half long.Replay soon on 101. I missed about a half-hour in the middle. (the Ralph call)
What did you think of the whole argument? When ralphie cakes came it it went into overdrive man. :lmao:
It was hilarious. I didn't hear them talk about it, but did Dice ever meet Artie In L.A.?Artie always seemed to be in a bit of awe around Dice, but I think that's over.
They didn't meet but i did catch this week that Artie said he did get his check.

Big return of Crazy Cabbie today.  Out of prison and still nuts
I don't think he'll be long for the outside world.How about that "cum paste" call the other day. Man was that cruel. Howard got blasted by e-mails for being mean, but I thought it was hilarious.

I set my Sirius receiver to 92.3 so it'll override other cars near me listening to O&A on the L.I.E. :D
:lmao: Good idea.

actually tuning into O&A during the breaks more often. Got no problem hearing both.

lol at O&A fanboy tat.

Advice to those looking to discuss Howard, do not take Tat's bait.

tat> feel free to bump the O&A thread anytime. Looks like there hasn't been any discussion since May, so I am sure you and the other fans will have lots to talk about

lol at O&A fanboy tat.

Advice to those looking to discuss Howard, do not take Tat's bait.

tat> feel free to bump the O&A thread anytime. Looks like there hasn't been any discussion since May, so I am sure you and the other fans will have lots to talk about
there are other message boards for O&A.Hope you are well Wilked. Good to hear from you.

there are other message boards for O&A.
likewise there are others for Howard. I suggest you create a Howard Vacation Schedule boardSM1 flying in in 2 hours, so I am off the innernet to clean up

I actually liked O & A back in the day - I just prefer Howard. I think he has a better supporting staff and wack pack. O&A just have Norton who, quite frankly, is better than Opie. It's not even a competition - XM is folding with them while Stern is solidifying Sirius.

All said - I loved it when Stern was am and O & A pm.

have fun as Howard is taking next month off.
:confused: Get a clue guy

Hes taking the first and last weeks of the month
yup.If Howard plays some old KRock stuff, I'll tune in. If it's Sirius replays I'll flip around between O&A and Stern.

I still like them both although I haven't heard much O&A since they went to KRock.

With all the airtime the Stern show gives me with the replays and all, I have no problem with the vacations. I barely get to hear the rest of Sirius anymore, outside of Breuer.

yup.If Howard plays some old KRock stuff, I'll tune in. If it's Sirius replays I'll flip around between O&A and Stern.

I still like them both although I haven't heard much O&A since they went to KRock.

With all the airtime the Stern show gives me with the replays and all, I have no problem with the vacations. I barely get to hear the rest of Sirius anymore, outside of Breuer.
He said the K-Rock stuff would start Labor Day.

I'll believe it when I hear it. Howard said it'd be ready for the 4th of July vacation, so right now all we can do is hope.

I'll believe it when I hear it. Howard said it'd be ready for the 4th of July vacation, so right now all we can do is hope.
He played an old bit yesterday with Jackie Stallone.

Evil Dave doing the PSA's was :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: ....

"It's okay to have a colostomy bag."

"This is to the parents of a child with lukemia.... hey, it's rough.

Just try to comfort your child and make his last few years great."

:excited:

Unbelievable. One of the funniest things Ive heard"This is to the victims of the Holocaust. We are here for you, and we hope things get better...."

Unbelievable. One of the funniest things Ive heard"This is to the victims of the Holocaust. We are here for you, and we hope things get better...."
"I don't know what to tell you"

Funny replay today from late January. Artie was talking about the woman he had just recently started dating (Dana). Oh how things have changed....

It really sucks to get in my car on Monday and find out Stern is on vacation. Apparently he announced it last week, but it must have been during the 30 minutes I missed.

And to top it all off, he'll still only work 4 days a week when he gets back. So much for the "revolution" :thumbdown:

It really sucks to get in my car on Monday and find out Stern is on vacation. Apparently he announced it last week, but it must have been during the 30 minutes I missed. And to top it all off, he'll still only work 4 days a week when he gets back. So much for the "revolution" :thumbdown:
How many weeks of vacation do you get per year? I get 4, and if I am not mistaken he is on pace for about that. As for the 4 days a week, the guy does not simply put in 8 hrs a day. Think of it as the 10/80. When I worked for Shell in New Orleans we worked the 9/80 (every other Fri off)...it is certainly not unheard of.Bottom line, people expect the guy to work every day, no breaks for their entertainment...sometimes people forget that he is an everyday Joe like us on the North side of 50 that can use the occasional week off, same as us.

Anyone listen today? Did he address the lousy selection? It's clear that he had some kind of deal with CBS cause none of the replays chosen were ripping Moonves. Also WTF is up with the 20,000 hrs of tapes he keeps touting? Just get a 3rd channel (or throw Bubba and that jackass Ferrall) off 101 and just start putting up the tapes. I love Howard but he starts and stops more projects than anyone - Fartman, HS years, Porky's remake, etc...Just hire someone to pick a few tapes and put them on the air!!!! How hard can it be to pick a few???
They're getting them ready for Labor Day weekend. He said that a week ago or so. They want to do it right the first time. :banned:

Anyone listen today? Did he address the lousy selection? It's clear that he had some kind of deal with CBS cause none of the replays chosen were ripping Moonves. Also WTF is up with the 20,000 hrs of tapes he keeps touting? Just get a 3rd channel (or throw Bubba and that jackass Ferrall) off 101 and just start putting up the tapes. I love Howard but he starts and stops more projects than anyone - Fartman, HS years, Porky's remake, etc...Just hire someone to pick a few tapes and put them on the air!!!! How hard can it be to pick a few???
They're getting them ready for Labor Day weekend. He said that a week ago or so. They want to do it right the first time. :banned:
Just listen to the Friday shows, they have been using selected replays there and the NBC stuff really brings back memories.

I am a big Stern fan. I bought Sirius mainly because he was going to be coming on soon, but DAMN, he only works about 150 days a year. I can accept the four weeks vacation a year, but a four day work week? I could see if he was on teh air more than four or five hours a day, but, come on, Howard, either retire or work.

Users who are viewing this thread