What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Howard Stern*** (3 Viewers)

The amount of ads on Sirius is insane. The fact Howard has to read an ad after every Robin news story is mind numbing.My presents are Howard 100, Howard 101, CNN, POTUS, MSNBC, CNBC, ESPN, and ESPN Xtra and the other day every single one was on an ad at the same time.
Every one of those other than the 2 Howards and POTUS are nationally syndicated - SIRIUS only runs ads/promos when the national broadcast is running ads. Was it the top of the hour, perhaps?

The amount of ads on Sirius is insane. The fact Howard has to read an ad after every Robin news story is mind numbing.My presents are Howard 100, Howard 101, CNN, POTUS, MSNBC, CNBC, ESPN, and ESPN Xtra and the other day every single one was on an ad at the same time.
Every one of those other than the 2 Howards and POTUS are nationally syndicated - SIRIUS only runs ads/promos when the national broadcast is running ads. Was it the top of the hour, perhaps?
I remember when Howards ads used to be like 2 minutes long.They slowly got longer and longer. Was listening the other day in my rental car and one ad was seriously 9-10 minutes. It might as well be KROQ again

I remember when Howards ads used to be like 2 minutes long.They slowly got longer and longer. Was listening the other day in my rental car and one ad was seriously 9-10 minutes. It might as well be KROQ again
I pause it a lot during the day so it works out fine for me. The advance jumps past each commercial. They do a good job with that. They don't seem to take more breaks but they are longer breaks.

If only I could find the show where Michael Buffer was on and Howard started asking him about his recent divorce and whether he "broke the news" to his ex-wife that he wanted the divorce using the "Let's Get Ready to Rumble" voice. When he, of course, said he hadn't, Howard made him re-enact it using his announcing voice. I almost died."Honey....after 14 years of marriage...LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLET'S GET READY TO GET DIVOOOOOOOOOORCED !!!!!!!!!"
It was May 25th, 2005 I believe if you can find a torrent perhaps :shrug:
:confused: but also impressed and amazed1 - I think it was a lot earlier than that. I'm thinking mid 90s.2 - How on Earth did you come upon this information? Do you have an online resource you can search?

If only I could find the show where Michael Buffer was on and Howard started asking him about his recent divorce and whether he "broke the news" to his ex-wife that he wanted the divorce using the "Let's Get Ready to Rumble" voice. When he, of course, said he hadn't, Howard made him re-enact it using his announcing voice. I almost died."Honey....after 14 years of marriage...LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLET'S GET READY TO GET DIVOOOOOOOOOORCED !!!!!!!!!"
:confused: but also impressed and amazed1 - I think it was a lot earlier than that. I'm thinking mid 90s.2 - How on Earth did you come upon this information? Do you have an online resource you can search?
I have a weird memory. Have been reading the show recaps for years on Sterns site and can remember everything I see. :shrug:I'm not a smart guy, just have one of those photographic memories. :shrug:

Stern was funny until he let his greed take over his career. I have not listened to Stern for years and do not miss him at all.

'John Bender said:
'Evilgrin 72 said:
If only I could find the show where Michael Buffer was on and Howard started asking him about his recent divorce and whether he "broke the news" to his ex-wife that he wanted the divorce using the "Let's Get Ready to Rumble" voice. When he, of course, said he hadn't, Howard made him re-enact it using his announcing voice. I almost died.

"Honey....after 14 years of marriage...LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLET'S GET READY TO GET DIVOOOOOOOOOORCED !!!!!!!!!"
:confused: but also impressed and amazed1 - I think it was a lot earlier than that. I'm thinking mid 90s.

2 - How on Earth did you come upon this information? Do you have an online resource you can search?
I have a weird memory. Have been reading the show recaps for years on Sterns site and can remember everything I see. :shrug:

I'm not a smart guy, just have one of those photographic memories. :shrug:
wow, is it like Marilu Henner with her memory?

'Evilgrin 72 said:
http://marksfriggin.com/

'Evilgrin 72 said:
wow. That dude chronicles every segment of the show?

'Evilgrin 72 said:
wow. That dude chronicles every segment of the show?
Yeah. And with mastertape theatre, he's covered stuff all the way back to 1986.

Was Howard just off on Monday? I turned it on and it was in a repeat. I thought I heard "this week on Mammary Lane" and never tuned in this week. :rant:

Was he live yesterday?

Was Howard just off on Monday? I turned it on and it was in a repeat. I thought I heard "this week on Mammary Lane" and never tuned in this week. :rant: Was he live yesterday?
He was live Tuesday and Wednesday. Any time he will be doing AGT he will have some extended time off.

MP3

Jim Breuer asks Artie about his time on the Stern Show
good find....an Artie reunioin interview is high on my list....I dont believe his reasons for him not returning on the show for even an interview though...he's been back for months and been on Letterman and other talk shows...no reason why he couldn't "hadle" a Stern interview....definitely think Artie's in the dead zone with Chauncey, Mike Walker, Billy West, Elliot Offon, etc

MP3

good find....an Artie reunioin interview is high on my list....I dont believe his reasons for him not returning on the show for even an interview though...he's been back for months and been on Letterman and other talk shows...no reason why he couldn't "hadle" a Stern interview....definitely think Artie's in the dead zone with Chauncey, Mike Walker, Billy West, Elliot Offon, etc
Mike walker is in the dead zone?

MP3

:popcorn:

MP3

yeah, what happened with Mike Walker. I thought they just did away with the game.And Billy West probably could get on if he wanted to. I think it's his choice. Just like Artie, imo.

MP3

yeah, what happened with Mike Walker. I thought they just did away with the game.And Billy West probably could get on if he wanted to. I think it's his choice. Just like Artie, imo.
Sure they did away with his game but the guy was on the show for years and is just gone....not like the replaced it with anything interesting. I seriously doubt Artie can just go back on if he wants - if you listen to that interview its clear the sow is not "comfortable" with having him on

Also add Rev Bob Levy to the dead zone list!

MP3

Sure they did away with his game but the guy was on the show for years and is just gone....not like the replaced it with anything interesting.
I'm pretty sure they called him one time since dropping the game to clear up some gossip story. He was on the show for the game, probably a paid commercial at that. It's not like he had that much to offer.

MP3

Sure they did away with his game but the guy was on the show for years and is just gone....not like the replaced it with anything interesting.
I'm pretty sure they called him one time since dropping the game to clear up some gossip story. He was on the show for the game, probably a paid commercial at that. It's not like he had that much to offer.
Its not like I loved the game - its just nother example of him removing content/comedy of the show and not replacing it with anything. Not having a comedian in the Artie/Jackie chair has really hurt the show IMO - but I think thats what he wants since he has legal issues with Sirius.

I'm up for my Sirius renewal/cancellation next week. Anybody negotiated the monthly rates recently? Thanks.
$5/month for 6 months but is not the premium so no Howard or NFL network.
I ended up with something similar this last time, but I mentioned that the only reason I signed up for sat. radio originally was for Stern, and since I had to switch to XM (new truck came with it) that none of it was worth keeping they gave me premium for no extra charge.

They gave me half off the year sub, so it was like $77 plus the music royalty, ended up 90 something for the year. I just told them I wanted to cancel because it was too expensive and the offer came fast.

Pretty good week of shows.

Except for the day Howard went on a rant for an hour, crying about losing his court case. Does he really think the guy driving a truck for a living cares that a billionaire lost out on several millions more due to a court decision? He's completely out of touch.

The Ronnie stuff with the ugly app was hilarious.

In case you missed it, there's an iPhone app that uses the camera to tell you how ugly you are. Scale is 100 and lower is uglier. Ronnie got a 0. They pointed it to a pile of #### and it got a 2.

:lmao:

The Ronnie stuff with the ugly app was hilarious.In case you missed it, there's an iPhone app that uses the camera to tell you how ugly you are. Scale is 100 and lower is uglier. Ronnie got a 0. They pointed it to a pile of #### and it got a 2. :lmao:
That was hilarious... Can't believe he went after the guy :lmao:

The Ronnie stuff with the ugly app was hilarious.In case you missed it, there's an iPhone app that uses the camera to tell you how ugly you are. Scale is 100 and lower is uglier. Ronnie got a 0. They pointed it to a pile of #### and it got a 2. :lmao:
That's amazing :lmao:

The Ronnie stuff with the ugly app was hilarious.

In case you missed it, there's an iPhone app that uses the camera to tell you how ugly you are. Scale is 100 and lower is uglier. Ronnie got a 0. They pointed it to a pile of #### and it got a 2.

What's your problem? :lmao:
Ronnie making some good TV. I wonder how horrendous his show we'll be. I know they seem to make it sound like he officially will be on some show, but i can't imagine that they are anywhere near starting to tape for it. They discusssed enough it though and gave it enough publicity that hopefully it won't take too long to put together

Really curious to see how America's Got Talent changes the perception of Howard in the general public. I'm psyched for the show and wish him nothing but the best, he's earned it. It's just going to be weird living in a world where Howard Stern is loved by such a huge cross-section of society.

Is anybody fed up with him discussing AGT? Seems a lot of listeners are. Doesn't seem like a big deal to me although I don't want him to give too many spoilers.

Is anybody fed up with him discussing AGT? Seems a lot of listeners are. Doesn't seem like a big deal to me although I don't want him to give too many spoilers.
For the past three years 75% of the show is him talking about himself. Whether its chess, the ASPCA, his wife, his self proclaimed awesomeness or his photography. Why would anyone expect him to not talk about AGT. If you still listen, not sure why it would bother you.

Users who are viewing this thread