What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I am benching T. Rich for ________________ (1 Viewer)

Ummm..let's see...Bradshaw? Nope. Mendenhall? Nope. Le'veon? Bye. Ellington? Nah. Bolden? Nu-uh. Woodhead? I don't think so...so let's see. Trent, looks like you're in again!

Last edited by a moderator:
*Could* bench him for Gio (tough to do in standard scoring), Wilson (is this the week!?), Joique (no not unless Bush is limited/hurt) or James Jones (never ever can predict what he's going to do, could score 0, could score 20). So i'm probably staying with him and hoping he'll produce 50-80 plus a short score. Not what I had in mind for my first rounder at all.

Don't bench him unless you have a true stud rb to sub for him. You guys putting gio, lacy, moreno over him are going to be sorry

Foster just had a huge game against SEA - I'd let him ride.
And they are playing at Indy, not at Seattle. DeAngelo got 80+ on them in Carolina.
TRich can't get 80 yards if he was given the ball 40 times. lol He may get TDs, but guy just cannot break a run, odd considering he breaks a bunch of tackles.
Hard to break runs when there is poor blocking where it's already proven the colts were doing a crappy job opening holes for this guy and to add 80 yards is tough to get when your carrying 2-3 defenseman on your back every time he touches the ball.

Starting him over Bell, L. Miller and D Richardson.

If Lamar had a better matchup, I'd start him -- coaches have to be seeing the light and he's due a breakout.

need2know said:
Don't bench him unless you have a true stud rb to sub for him. You guys putting gio, lacy, moreno over him are going to be sorry
Fantasy points thus far in my league:Gio: 3, 19, 21, 14

Richardson: 11, 15, 11, 17

I throw out Gio's rookie debut with law firm still firmly entrenched as the starter. We know how things have been trending since then.

It's PPR with big bonus potential, for example 6pt. bonus for TDs over 50 yards and 5 points for a 100 yard game. In a week like this, given matchups and what we've seen so far, I'm going with Gio every time. I'm sure TRich has a nice afternoon, but Bernard can take it to the house any time he touches the ball.

NajehHejan said:
need2know said:
No offense, not picking on you but how long have we been saying this about him dating to last year?
Only thing I'm sorry about is drafting this guy. Never again, unless he shows something explosive soon. He is an average back, at least he is playing like it.

NajehHejan said:
need2know said:
No offense, not picking on you but how long have we been saying this about him dating to last year?
Only thing I'm sorry about is drafting this guy. Never again, unless he shows something explosive soon. He is an average back, at least he is playing like it.
I think he's better than average but the o-line isn't opening holes for him. Given the offense he's in and if he continues to get goal line carries, he finishes right around RB12 IMO.

NajehHejan said:
need2know said:
Was he wrong last year when Richardson was the #8 PPR RB? Same thing now as last year, unless you got a heck of a stud to replace him with he should not be benched.

NajehHejan said:
need2know said:
Was he wrong last year when Richardson was the #8 PPR RB? Same thing now as last year, unless you got a heck of a stud to replace him with he should not be benched.
He's only caught 8 balls, a 2 per game average. I know he's on a new team but it doesn't feel like he'll catch 51 balls this year.

Users who are viewing this thread