What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

desperation moves... whatcha got? (1 Viewer)

Cade Otton - at least 4 catches in 5 of his last 6 games. Not going to win you a week but gives you a predictable floor of about 8 points in the TE spot.

Starting Juwan Johnson over Kyle Pitts. I’ve got nothing out of the TE position all year. Waited too long for Pitts out of fear of benching a breakout performance that never came. In all my matchups so far I only got a performance better than 6 points ONCE. TE is a black hole in my lineup and I can’t afford to be complacent with Pitts. No margin for error this late in the season.

If McBride is out this week I'll have to do some desperation starts. I have him in most of my leagues and in most cases he was an injury fill in (Andrews X2 and Waller), or in the case of a keeper league he allowed me to trade Kelce away. Another keeper league I also have Hock but he's on bye. Hopefully it won't come to having to cover McBride this week.

Mentioned a few day ago it was TE hell week and now that some dust has settled it looks like my biggest desperation play is Brevin Jordan in a TE premium league. And it's so bad out there in TE land in these leagues I'm going to be trying to block someone I play in another league from picking up Jordan and using him against me this week. I want ALL the Brevin Jordan!

Tossing out Spears or Perine at RB in playoff game I got Jacobs and Taylor and was not prepared to be without one of them this week, Perine was best FA RB and I did the best I could which was get him. In a league were TE's get 1.5 PPP they might actually be worse options then Brevin Jordan.

Superflex league. I need a win or victory points to stay in the playoffs. I’m a massive underdog. Josh Allen on my bench this week with Taylor hurt. Lockett already logged a poor game.

Picked up Tim Boyle to start alongside Stafford but seriously considering Zappe. Need a Hail Mary.

My opponent went with DK and of course it put me in the hole. I was going to roll out Russ Wilson and Jaylen Warren but now that I'm down maybe I go for the moon shot of Kyler Murray and Hollywood Brown? Higher Risk reward but if they finally connect for 2 scores I think it will bring me back. Going to agonize over it for a bit.

I could see KC trying to hit MVS on some deep shots against his old team. That's pretty desperate.

Superflex starting Taysom instead of a 2nd QB (Mac Jones). Fields and AOC on bye

Last edited:
Starting Juwan Johnson over Kyle Pitts. I’ve got nothing out of the TE position all year. Waited too long for Pitts out of fear of benching a breakout performance that never came.
I have Hockenson & Kincaid both on a 6-6 bubble team. This same team also has Lamar Jackson & James Cook on a BYE. My leagues score production from the return game & so Rashid Shaheed has helped anchor my WR room. He's out. I also have several shares of that Saints DEF/ST & like Hock, Shaheed is on all three of my teams. The concerns for me are the injuries, Hill a potential factor & whether this team has peaked. Due to injury, we all know they turned to Johnson (converted WR) last week & he responded. We now know Olave is likely to play.

The other thing I fear is Detroit, I can't see them losing two home games in a row. It's just a hunch, but I would imagine they're well-rested & itching to get back out there. Wouldn't surprise me at all for them to put together one of their best games of the season. In all the projections I've looked at, not far below Johnson & Hill is.. Tucker Kraft. A brutal matchup vs KC, but the other part of the narrative is that he isn't targeted. I'm often wrong but I think he's next man up & likely to dominate snaps & looks from the position. I'm banking on something closer to a 90% snap share vs maybe 50% for Johnson? With hopefully, at least as many targets. Of course, I'm easily spooked & could attempt to pivot away from Kraft. :)

I mixed up DET & GB at home. The Saints are @home. Like everyone I like all fantasy assets more so playing at home. But as of now, still favoring Kraft's upside. Which will probably be more accurately depicted as a dirt basement ..with lots of cobwebs.

Last edited:
Might be forced to start Mingo at WR with DJM and Diggs on bye, and Demario Douglas ruled out with a concussion.

It’s Mingo or waiver diving for Perry and such.

Starting Juwan Johnson over Kyle Pitts. I’ve got nothing out of the TE position all year. Waited too long for Pitts out of fear of benching a breakout performance that never came.
I have Hockenson & Kincaid both on a 6-6 bubble team. This same team also has Lamar Jackson & James Cook on a BYE. My leagues score production from the return game & so Rashid Shaheed has helped anchor my WR room. He's out. I also have several shares of that Saints DEF/ST & like Hock, Shaheed is on all three of my teams. The concerns for me are the injuries, Hill a potential factor & whether this team has peaked. Due to injury, we all know they turned to Johnson (converted WR) last week & he responded. We now know Olave is likely to play.

The other thing I fear is Detroit, I can't see them losing two home games in a row. It's just a hunch, but I would imagine they're well-rested & itching to get back out there. Wouldn't surprise me at all for them to put together one of their best games of the season. In all the projections I've looked at, not far below Johnson & Hill is.. Tucker Kraft. A brutal matchup vs KC, but the other part of the narrative is that he isn't targeted. I'm often wrong but I think he's next man up & likely to dominate snaps & looks from the position. I'm banking on something closer to a 90% snap share vs maybe 50% for Johnson? With hopefully, at least as many targets. Of course, I'm easily spooked & could attempt to pivot away from Kraft. :)

I mixed up DET & GB at home. The Saints are @home. Like everyone I like all fantasy assets more so playing at home. But as of now, still favoring Kraft's upside. Which will probably be more accurately depicted as a dirt basement ..with lots of cobwebs.
In typical fashion I’m making a last minute pivot to Brevin Jordan, with the news of Chris Olave being active (and likely getting all the targets along with Alvin Kamara) and with the Broncos giving up the most fantasy points to TE’s this season. Good luck today! :-)

Might be forced to start Mingo at WR with DJM and Diggs on bye, and Demario Douglas ruled out with a concussion.

Its Wingo or Noah Brown for me. Noah going to play so "leaning" Noah. Just picked up Brevin Jordan for TE (over Otton). Hoping for a Denver Houston shootout I guess

Its Wingo or Noah Brown for me. Noah going to play so "leaning" Noah. Just picked up Brevin Jordan for TE (over Otton). Hoping for a Denver Houston shootout I guess
I'm in the same boat, trying to decide between Mingo, or Guyton as my WR3. I have Moore and Jefferson on byes, D. Douglas out, its slim pickings on the WW.

In typical fashion I’m making a last minute pivot to Brevin Jordan, with the news of Chris Olave being active (and likely getting all the targets along with Alvin Kamara) and with the Broncos giving up the most fantasy points to TE’s this season. ...
I'm liking this move & definitely considering it, as Schultz is ruled out! I drafted Jordan as a late round backup, last year. Yeah, I'm in! The other thing I'm looking at here late is a speculative add, Emari Demercado. Not as a play this week, but there's been a lot of .. vague commentary regarding James Conner's usage. Thanks for the lead, & good luck to you as well!!

I cant believe I am even considering this but as bad as my Puka/ Kupp combo has been lately I am strongly considering benching one of them for.... AT Perry. Of course I will end up benching the wrong one ( not that there has been such a thing lately) ughhhh desperation sucks.

I cant believe I am even considering this but as bad as my Puka/ Kupp combo has been lately I am strongly considering benching one of them for.... AT Perry. Of course I will end up benching the wrong one ( not that there has been such a thing lately) ughhhh desperation sucks.
Because Perry scored a whopping 1.7 last week ? I mean if you were benching them for Nico Collins or Tank Dell ok they have been doing something but for AP Perry ? Come on man.
No because he came in the game before that when Thomas went down and filled in nicely and should be in line for a start based on injuries. He plays against the detriot defense who is close to the bottom vs the pass. Meanwhile lets not pretend Kupp hasnt been AWFUL the last 5 weeks where his best score was 5.9. Oh and he plays against the #2 pass defense in Cleveland.... Having both Kupp and Nacua playing against such a tough defense just seens like a terrible Idea. If I had a better option I would definitely play them. Its called a desperation play for a reason.
How did that work out for you starting AT Perry over Kupp and Puka ? Just checking............

Both CEH and Breece Hall feel uninspiring. I am contemplating Jayden Reed in the Flex.

On the desperation front, also considering Dontayvion Wicks with Watson out.

Gonna start AOC over Geno in a super flex. Gonna be off the grid all day tomorrow and won’t have internet so can’t the chance of sitting if it’s a GTD.

Users who are viewing this thread