What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I am starting Josh Gordon over _________ (1 Viewer)

Either Mixon or duke. Idk. I hate the Steelers matchup for Mixon. Probably definitely keeping duke in 

Crabtree in one league and Amari Cooper and Rishard Matthews in another.  All three are likely out so it’s not a hard decision.  May also start him over Richardson in a third league. 

Benching him for Marvin Jones and Funchess in one league.

Debating whether to start him or Rishard Matthews in the other, depends on Mathews status. Need to pick 1 of 4 from Gordon, Mathews, Z Jones and Jordy Nelson. Definitely have Gordon above Z Jones and Nelson.

yes, he did
I’m actually more interested in your Crowder projections than your Gordon projection. Playing against Crowder tonight, so I’m on board... just interested in why you’d start Gordon over him. I am very afraid of Crowder tonight. Dallas is getting beat through the air and Crowder is being heavily targeted.

Kwai... same here. 

I'm thinking Gordon just for the sheer fun factor. If Doctson has two TDs, great. But if Gordon does? Well, Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

He is going against a very solid Charger defensive backfield.  I won't be starting him over anybody (reasonable starting caliber WR) for this bad matchup. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Over Sammy due to PP,  over Parker and TY Hilton  due to poor play last few weeks and matchups.

ETA-I own him on so many teams I've lost count but he'll be on the bench on the high majority of my teams.  I actually never planned on using him this week, but it all boils down to options.

Over Hill, Dez, and Freeman.  Don't trust any of those scenarios right now, so putting Gordon in as Flex.

Also interested in hearing other's takes on Crowder.  I have him in right now and not sure I'd replace him with Gordon to start someone else from above.

I may just play him for the hell of it over M. Thomas AJ Green or K Allen.  I'm rooting for the guy

I'm already locked in to a 1st rd buy and #1 OA.  Week 13 for me is stay healthy week.

I may just play him for the hell of it over M. Thomas AJ Green or K Allen.  I'm rooting for the guy

I'm already locked in to a 1st rd buy and #1 OA.  Week 13 for me is stay healthy week.
Don't do that.  Play your best lineup as your game has implications to the rest of the league even if you are not affected by it.

Don't do that.  Play your best lineup as your game has implications to the rest of the league even if you are not affected by it.
It doesn't have any bearing on the league. I am playing a team that is out of any type of PO position and there are no top weekly points etc.

Over Crowell as a flex. 

Man, this is going to be fun regardless how he does.  Plenty of popcorn and comments will be a coming after Sunday afternoon.  

I’m actually more interested in your Crowder projections than your Gordon projection. Playing against Crowder tonight, so I’m on board... just interested in why you’d start Gordon over him. I am very afraid of Crowder tonight. Dallas is getting beat through the air and Crowder is being heavily targeted.
Mainly because I'm playing in 2 leagues and I don't want to put all my eggs in the Crowder basket.  All I really know is that both should be heavily targeted so it's a matter of who will come down with the most catches and yards. I really like Josh to have a long TD. Call it a hunch, if you will.

Kareem Hunt.

No wait... I just switched back.

No, now benching both for Stefon Diggs.

AH WAIT... Gordon back in over both!

I guess I'll check back in Sunday morning. :wall:

Division Title & Scoring Title on the line, so truly not kidding about any of the above.

Maybe we should all follow Hue's advice when asked if he is starting Gordon:

#Browns coach Hue Jackson on if WR Josh Gordon will start: “Are you kidding me? Yeah, he’s going to start.”

I'm tempted to bench Hill or Crowell for him, but I still have a shot at a bye, and who knows how much of Hue's comments are just to pump him up and are really blowing smoke. Plus, I don't trust Kizer at all. 

Only thing really holding me back is Kizer... 5 TDs in 10 games is almost impossible. Especially given their record. Where's the garbage time production?

I know his last game came withing earshot of 300 yds, but 2 TDs over his last 8? Come on man!

Debating the same but, ultimately @Dizzy is right. Kizer just isn't productive and I'm not sure Gordon off a three year layoff should be expected to change that.

Besides @SameSongNDance has conditioned me to always (and only) start Tyreek on the road (0 TDs at home this season).
All needs is a Skrine and he could be gone.  

Only thing really holding me back is Kizer... 5 TDs in 10 games is almost impossible. Especially given their record. Where's the garbage time production?

I know his last game came withing earshot of 300 yds, but 2 TDs over his last 8? Come on man!
Kizer is a guy who shouldn't even be playing this year.  He has looked better over the last few games with Coleman back and a more effective running game.  Chargers CBs are no joke and their pass rush is going to bring pressure on Kizer.  But I feel like this is a game where he could take the next step with a new weapon.

Users who are viewing this thread