What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I Bruce cut by the Rams... (1 Viewer)

Just like the other day, he could be reinstated and be "uncut," as yesterday's transactions can be rescinded. Also, even if cut he could still be resigned by STL.

Just like the other day, he could be reinstated and be "uncut," as yesterday's transactions can be rescinded. Also, even if cut he could still be resigned by STL.
or Detroit to be reunited with Martz and show the three divas how to be a professional.

Bruce was scheduled to count $8.1mil against their cap in '06. He's cut and he's staying cut. They may try to resign him....likely. But Im sure he'll have the attitude that alot of veterans out there have.... that he's a FA now, and while he's free he may as well see if there's any love out there for him. It'll be the one and only time he'll get that chance...and if he gets a decent offer he'd probably take it back to the Rams and give them a chance to match it. Its just how the game is played.

I could see the 'Skins targeting him, but that's only if he's somewhat moderate about his value as a FA at his age.

I could see the 'Skins targeting him, but that's only if he's somewhat moderate about his value as a FA at his age.
Where are the skins going to get the money from??
I'm assuming there's a new CBA. If there's not, then they probably won't be adding guys like Bruce but they'll be able to retain their core players. If there's a new CBA though, they'll have some money to spend.

I'm assuming there's a new CBA. If there's not, then they probably won't be adding guys like Bruce but they'll be able to retain their core players. If there's a new CBA though, they'll have some money to spend.
I personally don't see the Skins making much of a splash in free agency no matter what happens, as they don't have the cap room (even if the cap goes up $10 million).

I personally don't see the Skins making much of a splash in free agency no matter what happens, as they don't have the cap room (even if the cap goes up $10 million).
I agree with you, but that's not what they need to do anyway. They're merely looking to add a veteran WR who can step in and play successfully now opposite of Moss. Moulds, Randle El, KRob, and now Bruce are on the radar screen. That's not exactly a loud offseason, certainly by their standards.

or Detroit to be reunited with Martz and show the three divas how to be a professional.
Can you imagine if Detroit spent 5-8 million on another reciever? There might be a riot. By the defense. Now Bruce in a Bears uni across from Mushin and Bradley :thumbup:

Can you imagine if Detroit spent 5-8 million on another reciever? There might be a riot. By the defense. Now Bruce in a Bears uni across from Mushin and Bradley :thumbup:
:goodposting: AGREED !! Bruce in a Bears Uni ... I'm getting wet just thinking about it :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just like the other day, he could be reinstated and be "uncut," as yesterday's transactions can be rescinded.  Also, even if cut he could still be resigned by STL.
this makes sense :goodposting:

While the Rams had only a brief discussion Monday with Isaac Bruce's agent, Jimmy Sexton, four teams had called expressing interest in Bruce by late afternoon. Sexton declined to name those teams, but the Post-Dispatch confirmed the identity of three of the clubs: Detroit, Houston and Washington. Detroit is an obvious choice given the fact that former Rams coach Mike Martz is now the Lions' offensive coordinator. It is unlikely that Bruce will take a tour of prospective future homes. As a veteran player, he doesn't really need to tour a facility or be wined and dined. And those close to Bruce say he remains hopeful that something can be done with the Rams.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/st...23?OpenDocument

While the Rams had only a brief discussion Monday with Isaac Bruce's agent, Jimmy Sexton, four teams had called expressing interest in Bruce by late afternoon. Sexton declined to name those teams, but the Post-Dispatch confirmed the identity of three of the clubs: Detroit, Houston and Washington. Detroit is an obvious choice given the fact that former Rams coach Mike Martz is now the Lions' offensive coordinator. It is unlikely that Bruce will take a tour of prospective future homes. As a veteran player, he doesn't really need to tour a facility or be wined and dined. And those close to Bruce say he remains hopeful that something can be done with the Rams.

I was thinking Detroit needed another WR. At least this might keep them from drafting one in first round. On a serious note, the Lion WRs could use a steady veteran to be a good example on being a consumate professional.

I was thinking Detroit needed another WR. At least this might keep them from drafting one in first round. On a serious note, the Lion WRs could use a steady veteran to be a good example on being a consumate professional.
I would be shocked to see Detroit go after Bruce. Washington, Philly, Denver, KC seem the most likely canidates. All contenders that really need a viable #2 WR...with the exception of Denver.

Similar to the Martz connection, does anyone know how well the reverend got along with Al Saunders when he was in StL? Could help Washington get him at a slight discount if there is a relationship there.

As a Curtis owner :thumbup:
Me too. I do wonder if you can sell him high before he shows he might not be a #1. Also there will be a new system in St Louis...it won't be quite as pass happy as what Martz left behind.

I think Bruce will be looking to go somewhere where he can grab a hand full of cash before he bails out. That eliminates the Pats and Eagles. He all ready has a ring.

Similar to the Martz connection, does anyone know how well the reverend got along with Al Saunders when he was in StL? Could help Washington get him at a slight discount if there is a relationship there.
Excellent question. I for one heard of no problems in that regard, but I don't follow that team as closely as some.

There appears to be substantial interest around the league in Bruce. According to league sources, Carolina and Tampa Bay have expressed interest in Bruce, joining Detroit, Houston and Washington.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/st...DF?OpenDocument
As a 'Skins fan, it's very interesting that Washington, Carolina and Tampa are in the mix. All three were playoff teams with a need for a good 2nd WR. The acquisition of Bruce by one of them could directly affect the outcome of playoff games next year.

Last offseason there was talk of Bruce getting cut.......and I said he fit perfectly in KC....he knows the offense. KC' offense wont change much as the new OC is in-house. He knows Trent Green well and is the kind of high-character guy the KC brass likes.

In addition, adding a guy like Bruce makes the pick @ 1.20 easier as it would take WR off the list off possibilities.

Users who are viewing this thread