What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I hate you espn (1 Viewer)

sbonomo

Footballguy
Why do you continue to force berman on us. You have gone too far this time

Last edited by a moderator:
Berman & Dilfer, ugh! It's like listening to two drunks in a bar watching football.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most announcing is pretty bad in my opinion. Rather listen to them than the arrogant Phil Simms. Still angry somebody somewhere thinks people want to hear him announce Thursday night games instead of the great Mike Mayock

ESPN: Note to self, just because some guys can lead a production style television show does not mean they can lead a live sports broadcast.

Clowns. That first down discussion was comedy.
Yeah, that was laugh out loud bad.

"He gets the first down, oh wait, maybe not? It's close... its when he starts to slide, right Trent? Ooh, it is close. this will be close."

Little Chucky in the first game was unbearable also. How can every player on both teams be "a star", "a fighter", "fantastic" etc etc?

Shut the hell up Coach.

Berman has referred to Levi's Stadium as "The Big Bellbottom" (or something close to that) at least three times tonight.

Awesome.

I can usually listen to pretty much ever announcer, and I actually like most of them. I'm easy.

But these guys are brutal.

I cant watch the game at work tonight, but you guys must be right. My brother emailed me to tell me how horrible it was and that he was incapable of watching the game that way. Never would have expected him to care about announcers, so it must be brutal.

Yet another reason for some extra channels with an option of a few different announcers to choose from.

ESPN sucks in so many ways. Their website sucks overall now, they are getting rid of the chats which was one of the things that differentiated them from their competitors, I can't stand Gruden, but Berman and Dilfer are absolutely painful to listen to.

I remember seeing Berman's first broadcast on ESPN (not the first one for ESPN) and I hope I'm close to seeing my last. My wife even chimed in and said that was awful. Oh my goodness that was bad.

You know it's bad when we're pining for Gruden. I've yet to hear/read anyone say they can stand him. His approval rating is literally zero percent. And yet...there he is every year. :shrug:

ESPN sucks in so many ways. Their website sucks overall now, they are getting rid of the chats which was one of the things that differentiated them from their competitors, I can't stand Gruden, but Berman and Dilfer are absolutely painful to listen to.
it's like any of the other guys on the roster called in sick.

Then again what did you expect from ESPN. Have you seen some of these people on Sportscenter some nights? They have a hard time stringing together a complete sentence.

Also can someone do the world a favor and dismantle the silly overhead camera? There were a couple plays (including the blocked FG) where they used the eye in the sky angle as the live camera view. Sometimes different is not better. I'm hard pressed to think of many situations I'd prefer that viewing angle. Maybe, just maybe, to show a replay of a WR route. Other than that it's just annoying.

The first Vikings punt was a funny moment too... they were both stepping on each other so badly to get out their little tidbits on this great story that nobody is talking about... the Aussie Rules football player (or rugby player) that beat the odds, made the team, and captured the heart of a city in pre-season... and then he muffs the punt.

I never thought anyone could be worse than Bryant Gumbel was on those NFLN Thursday night broadcasts.

This was worse.

There's also this awesome invention called the mute button. I find I actually pick up on more of what's going on in a game with the sound off than with it on.

Come on at least its funny making fun of their antics during the game.

Dilfer "contact ACCELERATION"

Berman "A rack and pinion hit"

Dilfer said something about a slobberknocker (My mind goes straight to the gutter)

Those two are the worst. I must have muted the sound 50 times. Berman is one thing but Dilfer is absolutely intolerable. The man just never shuts up.

ESPN's entire presentation of football games is horrible and exceedingly cheesy. It's been like this ever since the Theisman/Jaworski days. Even the hot sideline reporter they employed, Suzy Kolber, was a) not hot, and b) just as annoying as the guys in the booth.

Users who are viewing this thread