What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I just traded away Philip Rivers for.. (1 Viewer)

What no one has replied with "Please keep us updated on your teams progress all season long" yet?

You guys are slipping. :moneybag:

What no one has replied with "Please keep us updated on your teams progress all season long" yet?You guys are slipping. :whistle:
it's week 5, have I mentioned anything about my team(s) before?Sometimes people are wondering what the value of a player is when it comes to trading and I know a lot of people have been trying to trade Rivers. Maybe now they'll have a better idea of his value in the market?If I was going to post about my team, I think i'd have posted the rest? Isn't that right Corky?

Last edited by a moderator:
What no one has replied with "Please keep us updated on your teams progress all season long" yet?

You guys are slipping. :excited:
it's week 5, have I mentioned anything about my team(s) before?Sometimes people are wondering what the value of a player is when it comes to trading and I know a lot of people have been trying to trade Rivers. Maybe now they'll have a better idea of his value in the market?

If I was going to post about my team, I think i'd have posted the rest? Isn't that right Corky?
Your right.The way you went about your thread is where you may have gone wrong.

Simply put, how would the SP look if just YOU posted a thread about all your trades?

Perhaps, starting a thread asking for the value of Rivers, by asking what people are getting in return and stating what you just got for him would have been better for an overall discussion?

Rivers was traded last week in one of my leagues:

Guy gave up: Phillip Rivers, DeSean Jackson & Bryant Johnson

He got back: Reggie Wayne, Derek Anderson & DJ Hackett

Personally I thought it was a dumb trade for the Reggie Wayne owner, but DA was his starting QB and that obviously wasn't getting him anywhere. He must have faith in DeSean continuing his production even after Curtis and Williams are healthy.

You guys are slipping. :shrug:
it's week 5, have I mentioned anything about my team(s) before?Sometimes people are wondering what the value of a player is when it comes to trading and I know a lot of people have been trying to trade Rivers. Maybe now they'll have a better idea of his value in the market?

If I was going to post about my team, I think i'd have posted the rest? Isn't that right Corky?

Simply put, how would the SP look if just YOU posted a thread about all your trades?

Perhaps, starting a thread asking for the value of Rivers, by asking what people are getting in return and stating what you just got for him would have been better for an overall discussion?
Fair point, but I didn't do it that way, because I didn't want people to think I was asking for advice, seeing I had already made the trade.I will do better next time. :excited:

SWEET, I just traded Darren McFadden in my dynasty league for this guy's hot wife :IBTL:

Personally I thought it was a dumb trade for the Reggie Wayne owner, but DA was his starting QB and that obviously wasn't getting him anywhere. He must have faith in DeSean continuing his production even after Curtis and Williams are healthy.
:rolleyes:

SWEET, I just traded Darren McFadden in my dynasty league for this guy's hot wife :rolleyes:
:loco: I am not sure that was a very good trade. I think you could have gotten more value for McFadden, someone along the lines of Brodie Croyle or Tim Rattay's wife.

I just saved a ton of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico.

Is this really Shark Pool material or a not so cleverly disguised rate my draft thread?

:goodposting:
He meant Reggie Brown

I just saved a ton of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico.Is this really Shark Pool material or a not so cleverly disguised rate my draft thread?
If I needed a group of tools to rate my thread, I would have brought my trade to Home Depot.

You guys are slipping. :lmao:

Fair point, but I didn't do it that way, because I didn't want people to think I was asking for advice, seeing I had already made the trade.I will do better next time. :lmao:
After your explanation, I understand what you were trying to say. However, I don't agree that your trade equals market value for Rivers. You have Cutler. Rivers was expendable. Now if you had Rivers and Russell, and you traded Rivers for so and so, then that would be a better indication of Cutler's value.

I just saved a ton of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico.Is this really Shark Pool material or a not so cleverly disguised rate my draft thread?
If I needed a group of tools to rate my thread, I would have brought my trade to Home Depot.
That's not a bad idea in the future, since you're obviously not the sharpest tool in the shed.No offense, but there is an entire forums for a post like this, just use it.

Yet everyone clicked on this thread because they were curious what Rivers was going for, or they just felt like telling some guy who goes by "Linus Scrimmage" on a fantasy football forum on the internet that he's posting in the wrong fantasy football forum on the internet.

Honestly, I can't get mad at the second kind. It'd be like deriving satisfaction from beating your 4 year old at Jeopardy.

:goodposting:
He meant Reggie Brown
:thumbup: Yeah I did. Good detective work Linus.

Yet everyone clicked on this thread because they were curious what Rivers was going for, or they just felt like telling some guy who goes by "Linus Scrimmage" on a fantasy football forum on the internet that he's posting in the wrong fantasy football forum on the internet.Honestly, I can't get mad at the second kind. It'd be like deriving satisfaction from beating your 4 year old at Jeopardy.
:excited:

OMGz- i picked up randel el & mush to cover holt & cotchery byes! :moneybag:

in other news, the moderator (the 1 person asking questions to candidates) of tomorrow's vice presidential debate is a woman who is writing a book titled "The Age of Obama" and is being released in bookstores on inauguration day--so is standing to make lots of income if one candidate is elected a conflict of interest? HMM

You guys are slipping. :lmao:
it's week 5, have I mentioned anything about my team(s) before? (1)Sometimes people are wondering what the value of a player is when it comes to trading and I know a lot of people have been trying to trade Rivers. Maybe now they'll have a better idea of his value in the market? (2)

If I was going to post about my team, I think i'd have posted the rest? (3) Isn't that right Corky? (4)
I was merely expressing my surprise that the aforementioned canned response had yet to be offered but either I touched nerve or you put panties on backwards again. As to your points above:1. Yes Phillip Rivers on my bench for the 4th straight week

2. Or maybe not?

3. Is this a question?

4. I'm guessing "Corky" was your fathers name. Not everyone who has had your mom is named "Corky" but as they say "Life Goes On"

:pokey: :whistle:

A few weeks ago I was close to making a deal in my league that was:

DeSean + Colston + Cotchery

FOR

TO + Rivers

The guy with TO had no other WRs and also has Peyton Manning at Qb. We didn't make the deal, but it was close. This was coming off Rivers second huge game, but before his third, so his value hadn't quite risen to where it is now.

OMGz- i picked up randel el & mush to cover holt & cotchery byes! :doh: in other news, the moderator (the 1 person asking questions to candidates) of tomorrow's vice presidential debate is a woman who is writing a book titled "The Age of Obama" and is being released in bookstores on inauguration day--so is standing to make lots of income if one candidate is elected a conflict of interest? HMM
They are releasing her in a bookstore on 11/1?!?!

I kept Rivers and moved Cutler for Roth and Steve Smith in a PPR...no one wants Rivers because for some reason what Cutler is doing is more sustainable in the eyes of FF owners than what Rivers is doing...why, I am not sure since neither has a super long history of success.

Thought I'd bump this thread to get a read on where Rivers' value is now after last night's game. We all keep assuming that SD will go back to a "run first" mentality but Rivers keeps getting the job done - even without Chambers last night. Norv loves trhis kind of dynamic offense and seems intent on keeping it chugging along. Where does the pool rank Rivers from this point forward? Top 5? Top 10? What sort of WR would he command in a trade (Top 5, top 10?).

His schedule is a mixed bag - on the plus side he gets KC twice, NO, ATL, OAK, and DEN; on the minus side he's got BUF (next week), PIT, IND, and TB. He's also got his bye week still to come.

Thought I'd bump this thread to get a read on where Rivers' value is now after last night's game. We all keep assuming that SD will go back to a "run first" mentality but Rivers keeps getting the job done - even without Chambers last night. Norv loves trhis kind of dynamic offense and seems intent on keeping it chugging along. Where does the pool rank Rivers from this point forward? Top 5? Top 10? What sort of WR would he command in a trade (Top 5, top 10?). His schedule is a mixed bag - on the plus side he gets KC twice, NO, ATL, OAK, and DEN; on the minus side he's got BUF (next week), PIT, IND, and TB. He's also got his bye week still to come.
why is Indy a downside? The only thing holding Rivers back is Norv.Let Phil Loose!!!!!

I was offered Coles last week, but thankfully turned it down. The problem with QBs is that there are too many decent ones on the WW.

Thought I'd bump this thread to get a read on where Rivers' value is now after last night's game. We all keep assuming that SD will go back to a "run first" mentality but Rivers keeps getting the job done - even without Chambers last night. Norv loves trhis kind of dynamic offense and seems intent on keeping it chugging along. Where does the pool rank Rivers from this point forward? Top 5? Top 10? What sort of WR would he command in a trade (Top 5, top 10?). His schedule is a mixed bag - on the plus side he gets KC twice, NO, ATL, OAK, and DEN; on the minus side he's got BUF (next week), PIT, IND, and TB. He's also got his bye week still to come.
why is Indy a downside? The only thing holding Rivers back is Norv.Let Phil Loose!!!!!
I thought Norv was the reason for Rivers becoming a stud.

Thought I'd bump this thread to get a read on where Rivers' value is now after last night's game. We all keep assuming that SD will go back to a "run first" mentality but Rivers keeps getting the job done - even without Chambers last night. Norv loves trhis kind of dynamic offense and seems intent on keeping it chugging along. Where does the pool rank Rivers from this point forward? Top 5? Top 10? What sort of WR would he command in a trade (Top 5, top 10?).

His schedule is a mixed bag - on the plus side he gets KC twice, NO, ATL, OAK, and DEN; on the minus side he's got BUF (next week), PIT, IND, and TB. He's also got his bye week still to come.
why is Indy a downside? The only thing holding Rivers back is Norv.

Let Phil Loose!!!!!
IND D is actually quite stout vs. the pass. Currently giving up 173 passing yrds. per game, good for #7 in the league. They've also only allowed one passing TD all year.

I kept Rivers and moved Cutler for Roth and Steve Smith in a PPR...no one wants Rivers because for some reason what Cutler is doing is more sustainable in the eyes of FF owners than what Rivers is doing...why, I am not sure since neither has a super long history of success.
Funny--I came up against that attitude between Cutler and Brees a few weeks ago, and I was drinking the Cutler koolaid along with everyone else but couldn't deal Brees. Suits me now--I'm platooning them, in hopes of picking the right one.

Week 2 has been the only week where Brees was topped by Cutler in my league. I'd venture to say it's quite the same for most leagues, as well.

I don't think there's much to decide between Brees and Cutler :)

Users who are viewing this thread