What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I miss Ivan Karamazov (1 Viewer)

Ivan finally took my advice and put every single one of the regular PSF posters on ignore. Since the transition to the new board, with the ignore function working so much better, there's nothing for him to respond to over here. The entire subforum appears empty to him now.

It appears Britney is leaving us alone.

Yah he was one of the few reasons I visit this board, crazy smart and eloquent. Before the switch I was thinking to myself I don’t think he can keep writing so coherently in a forum like this and keep his sanity.

I think he chose sanity.
I could see that. These threads generally devolve form discussions to just badgering and grand-standing and he doesn't strike me as the type who wants to go back and forth a lot. Its why I dip often. I like topics of discussion and talking when we can but a lot of times it's just unbending views that are so clouded by preconceived bias, its simply not worth it .

I could be projecting here, but as @KarmaPolice mentioned, the time off forced some of us to realize how much stress the frustration of today's politics is causing. For most of 2021 I had stepped away from politics and found myself in a much more relaxed place. The Ukraine invasion brought me back to the PSF which I don't think was a good thing for me or the board. Some of you may have the ability to have positive, productive conversations in here, and I envy that, but I think for most this place is probably a net negative in our lives. My hunch is that people like Ivan and Gordon recognized that and they're using their time for better things. Of course, this could just be projection and most of you are able to operate in a different headspace with politics than I am.
pretty profound there. Truly, what is accomplished when seemingly every topic ends up in the same rabbit hole?

Gordon was posting in July so he was here not long ago from what I see (dunno, I was not here). I recall he could crank out some words.

Since this is the unofficial PSFguys MIA thread whatever happened to Mr Ham?

It looks like he not only stopped posting but had his entire account nuked which you don't see often.

Hope he is doing well.

I could be thinking of another poster, but I thought he was running for office so he stopped posting here, I think he wanted all his content deleted as well.

If I am wrong I am sure someone will correct me and I apologize.

Since this is the unofficial PSFguys MIA thread whatever happened to Mr Ham?

It looks like he not only stopped posting but had his entire account nuked which you don't see often.

Hope he is doing well.

I could be thinking of another poster, but I thought he was running for office so he stopped posting here, I think he wanted all his content deleted as well.

That's pretty interesting. I can see stopping posting but asking for your content to be deleted seems to suggest you have something to hide. Not cracking on him; just find it a good reminder to all of us how social media has put us all under the microscope for all time. 20 years form now, some presidential candidate will get washed out of an election because somebody dug up their positions on cat pedicures when they were 19.

I am guessing a few posters took mental inventory during the week break. I know I am here a ton less, as I realized how much calmer I was during that week.
Yeah, we'd all be wise to follow suit. Much better, less stressful things could be done with our time.

I am much better for it and I’m sure most here are happy I post less.

Point is- even though I disagree with a lot of folks here and it can get ugly- I mostly adore all of you outside this subforum. No BS. I heart this board and It’s more of a part of my life than I care to admit to.

See you on the flip side.

That is interesting. And it makes sense. His post history was.... animated.

If it was ever made public he would have zero chance of winning an election :lol:
All kidding aside, there were days I truly worried for him.

If it was ever made public he would have zero chance of winning an election :lol:
Great point, his extreme fringe politics would make it hard enough as is. If his history in here got out, good night.

Great point, his extreme fringe politics would make it hard enough as is. If his history in here got out, good night.
If what you're saying is true, then it probably should get out. Do we really want this guy anywhere near a public office if his posts are as bad/extreme as you say they are?

I've found it a lot easier to stay away from the PSF now that fantasy football is in full swing and I'm not checking in here to read Ivan's latest post, which I probably did more often than I care to admit. Did he say anything about not posting? Maybe he went on vacation like so many of us do around Labor Day...

Anyway, even with as much respect as I have for some of the posters here (and I won't name them for fear of leaving anybody out), it's easier to not be here when Ivan's given up fighting the good fight on an often hostile message board.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread