What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I need a list of who's scored TDs off (1 Viewer)

Verbal Kint

Footballguy
Please help! Our website was erroneously giving points to offensive players who score on special teams. Is there a way to get a list of who's scored so I can go back and manually adjust?

TIA

Our league was doing the same accidently, so I just went to NFL.com and looked at stats for Punt and Kickoff returns. Then sort by TD's. Wasn't too many. Reggie Bush, Felix Jones, Roscoe Parrish, DeSean Jackson, and maybe one or two more.

What is the thought behind not giving credit for a player scoring on special teams? Half the leagues I'm in count the points and the other half don't. Seems to be rules overkill?

What is the thought behind not giving credit for a player scoring on special teams? Half the leagues I'm in count the points and the other half don't. Seems to be rules overkill?
:moneybag:My guess is that it's because not every punt returner is available and/or desirable as a position player (i.e. DBs who are good returners), so by making KR/PR part of the DST, it equalizes the value of return TDs no matter who scores them. And if you go that route, you don't want to give two scoring entities (DST and player) credit for the same TD.

:shrug: My guess is that it's because not every punt returner is available and/or desirable as a position player (i.e. DBs who are good returners), so by making KR/PR part of the DST, it equalizes the value of return TDs no matter who scores them. And if you go that route, you don't want to give two scoring entities (DST and player) credit for the same TD.
:mellow: You mean like when a Quarterback passes a touchdown to another player?

Look, it's so rare that a FF starter-worthy player gets a Punt or Kickoff Return TD, I say just count the Touchdown points to the individual AND the Defense/ST unit.

Stop making it too difficult.

How are you gonna sit there and tell the Reggie Bush owner that neither of those TDs against the Vikings got him any points because it goes to the owner of the Saints DEF/ST unit.

That's just silly.

:shrug: My guess is that it's because not every punt returner is available and/or desirable as a position player (i.e. DBs who are good returners), so by making KR/PR part of the DST, it equalizes the value of return TDs no matter who scores them. And if you go that route, you don't want to give two scoring entities (DST and player) credit for the same TD.
:thumbup: You mean like when a Quarterback passes a touchdown to another player?

Look, it's so rare that a FF starter-worthy player gets a Punt or Kickoff Return TD, I say just count the Touchdown points to the individual AND the Defense/ST unit.

How are you gonna sit there and tell the Reggie Bush owner that neither of those TDs against the Vikings got him any points because it goes to the owner of the Saints DEF/ST unit.

That's just silly.
What part of :shrug: and "My guess is..." don't you understand? I didn't invent the rule, and I'm not arguing for or against it either. You asked a question and I answered it.And I'm sorry you didn't get credit for Bush's TDs. :ptts:

:excited: My guess is that it's because not every punt returner is available and/or desirable as a position player (i.e. DBs who are good returners), so by making KR/PR part of the DST, it equalizes the value of return TDs no matter who scores them. And if you go that route, you don't want to give two scoring entities (DST and player) credit for the same TD.
:kicksrock: You mean like when a Quarterback passes a touchdown to another player?

That's just silly.
What part of <_< and "My guess is..." don't you understand? I didn't invent the rule, and I'm not arguing for or against it either. You asked a question and I answered it.And I'm sorry you didn't get credit for Bush's TDs. :lol:
LOL...I don't have Bush in any league. But in the one I do run, the guy who started Bush got credit for both TDs (6+6=12 pts).And when I meant "you" i should have been clear in that I meant "you people" who use the bolded part as their thought process, which i think is silly.

Users who are viewing this thread