What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I told ya so! (1 Viewer)

themather

Footballguy
For the most part, us FBGs eat, drink, and sleep fantasy football. Each year I find that we all have a claim or two about a player or a team for the upcoming season, and when our prediction comes true we start shouting "I told ya so!" Most of the time, mine aren't even based in fact ... they just happen to be a gut instinct or feeling based on what I've seen and heard. Last year, mine was that Donald Driver would emerge as a quality WR in Green Bay. So I screamed "I told ya so!" a bunch to my leagues later in the year.So what's yours for this season? It could be that a certain player will breakout, or that another will break apart, etc etc.Mine is:Peerless Price will not live up to the hype in Atlanta.

1A) Tommy Maddox will struggle at times this year and will not approach top 10 fantasy numbers1B) Hines Ward will, at best, finish near the bottom of the top 20Cheers

I'll play:Edge does not get enough touches to be a Top 5 RB and does not perform at the level he did per touch and will not be a Top 10 RB.Hasselback becomes a Top 5 QB. Warner does not finish ranked in the Top 12.Darrell Jackson rankes in the Top 20 WR.Michael Vick scores fewer fantasy points than last year.Eric Moulds does not rank in the Top 10 WR.

Brad Johnson keeps building on last year's success and finishes with slightly better numbers than last year.Jake Plummer is a little better than Griese, but doesn't make anyone forget Elway.The Raiders codgers finally start showing their age.

(With the usual codicil that there is no serious injury...)

1. Travis Henry is a top 5 RB this year.

(As part of this, a BIG part, Buffalo's D will be significantly better, which will actually lead Henry to have better stats.)

2. Either Vick, Culpepper or McNabb will miss SERIOUS time this year due to being injured while scrambling.

3. Antowain Smith continues to be a stiff, which leads the Patriots to use one (or more) picks in the 2004 draft on a BIG TIME RB.

Mike Shanahan will get the big 86 as Denver just spirals to a 6-10 season. Old WRs, snake bitten Snake at QB and a predictable running game that will have some success but the defense will be a huge letdown and the tide in the AFC will turn on Denver... :P

Since my Price idea is taken (and predicting Vick is therefore too easy of a follow-up) I'll add:- told you Barber and Shockey were overrated- told you Crumpler would out-perform Heap- told you the Colts would win the SBLOL OK that last one was a joke - but hey I can dream :)

Last year, I had three BOLD predictions:A) The wheels would fall off the Rams juggernaut offenseB) Steve Spurrier's 'fun and gun' offense would fail in the NFLC) Ricky Williams would get injured and the Dolphins would NOT make the playoffs.2 1/2 out of 3 ain't bad.I'll ponder this year's predictions.....

Anarchy took a couple of mine, but I'll still play so I can get them in writing...Matt Hasselbeck will be a Top 5 QBEric Moulds will fall out of the Top 15 of WRsKevan Barlow will be a Top 15 RBTom Brady will fall out of the Top 20 of QBsBrad Johnson will finish in the Top 10 of QBsJoe Jurevicius will be a Top 25 WRAdrian Peterson will out-perform Anthony Thomas, fantasy-wiseTJ Duckett will out-perform Warrick Dunn, fantasy-wiseWayne Chrebet will out-perform Curtis Conway, fantasy-wiseArizona will suckThe Giants will be Super Bowl Champs

I agree with the Edge and Price comments made earlier but I'll play as well:1. I told you that Rod Smith's dissapointing year last season was a fluke as he'll end up flirting and walk that fine line of Top 10 status again as he puts together one more very good season this year.One more...what the heck2. I told you that a healthy Eddie George wasn't finished just yet either as he also flirts with Top 10 status like RdSmith and gets himself 10-12 TD's and 1500+ combined!!-Maxie

People will hate him all year, but Jeremy Shockey will have a monster year and help KC earn Super Bowl MVP honors!
When did KC trade for Shockey? LOL I know its a typo but it had to be said, if not by me someone else would have! But I would have to say it will be Heap as #1 TE Shockey a close second and Gonzo (the real KC TE) will be 3rd but not far away.I told you " Tomlinson would carry more and gain over 2000 yards!"I can only hope!!!

When did KC trade for Shockey? LOL I know its a typo but it had to be said, if not by me someone else would have! But I would have to say it will be Heap as #1 TE Shockey a close second and Gonzo (the real KC TE) will be 3rd but not far away.I told you " Tomlinson would carry more and gain over 2000 yards!"I can only hope!!!
KC = Kerry Collins

You see why people should not use short forms! LOL My bad! never crossed my mind with Kerry Collins. But you have to admit it looked like it?

Oops....how could I forget this one more "I told ya so":I told y'all that KC would be the most improved defense in the NFL this upcoming season and combined with Jacksonville's improved defense as well, the two of them will make an excellent defense by committee combo that can be drafted very late in drafts or bought cheaply in auctions.... :P -Maxie

I told you that Shannon Sharpe would put up one last monster year before retiring and will finish ahead of one of the top-3 TEs.I also told you that Patrick Ramsey would throw enough passes (600+) and enough TDs (28+) to become a top-10 QB. Unfortunately, most of those passes and TDs came during comebacks because their D is not improved enough and the 'skins finished 8-8 and out of the playoffs.And, just because I have to:I told you Ricky Williams would remain healthy all year again and that Brian Griese would live out a 'phins fans fantasy (and a Bronco's fans nightmare) and would help guide them to the Super Bowl.

Vick is way overrated.Price will not live up to his rankings.New stuff:The Giants will be the most explosive offense this season. Even yardagewise.Shockey will dominate. As will Barber and Collins.The Niners are going to miss Mooch and barely break .500The Rams will be backS. Alexander will become more consistent and be a top 5 RB.

KC = Kerry Collinsok I wanna play now1)Chad Johnson will explode this year (top 10)2)Travis Henry will be a top 5 rb3)Giants are going to the Super Bowl!!!! (ok so I say that every year :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: )

Last year my "I told you so's" were Vick would be a fantasy superstar, stay away from Boston and the Fun-N-Gun would be a disaster. My Boston prediction led me to predicting a MarTay Jenkins breakout (didn't happen). I also thought the Jets defense would be huge, fantasy-wise. :wall: As for this year, my big one is going to be, again, "I told you David Boston wasn't worth a (insert any round in which you draft him) pick."One more -- "I told you Gannon's run was over."

Marshall will return to 2000 formOne of the marquee second year WR's (Stallworth, Lelie, Reed) will be this year's Peerless Price. Now it is up to you to figure out which one.

Here's mine:

1) P. Holmes WILL be healthy and again be a top fantasy producer :boxing:

2) P. Price WILL be a top 15 receiver.

3) Daunte and Plummer will throw more INTs than TDs. :P

Jake Plummer's previous failures were the result of his actual ability, not his supporting cast, coaching or other outside factors. Ditto Thomas Jones.

K-Rob will be top 3 this year, passing up MossW. Green will be a top 10 RB this year.Pennington will be a top 5 QB.

Jon Kitna - Top 5 QB
Man, that must be some good stuff you're smokin' falguy...Kitna??? :wacko: Here's mine:Brad Johnson will be a top 10 QB this year. Dungy's Colts will disappoint again this year.....either barely make the playoffs, only to lose big, or not make the playoffs at all. :eek:

Kordell Stewart will be a top 10 fantasy QB this year! :P Daniel Graham will have more than 8 TD's this year.Olandis Gary will be the first of the "Not drafted" to be added to everyones fantasy squad by week 5.Jeff Reed will be the #1 FF kicker this year.Jeff Garcia will be the #1 FF QB this year.

1) Ricky, the defense, and FIEDLER will beat the Seahawks in the AFC Championship game, and beat the Giants in the Super Bowl2) Price will not live up to the hype as Atlanta's #1 WR3) Because of Owens, Garcia's back, and Erickson. The 49er's will finish at .5004) The Bengals and Browns last game on Dec. 28th will determine who goes to the playoffs and who stays home. The Bengals will win but then lose in the 1st round.5) Favre will miss 2-3 games this year because of injury, and will retire at the end of the season.6) The Eagles will barely make the playoffs.7) Arizona will suck8) Top 5 RB's: Ricky, Tomlinson, Alexander, Faulk, Edge9) Top 5 WR's: Harrison, K. Robinson, J. Horn, D. Boston, A. Toomer10) Top 5 QB's: Culpepper, Manning, Brooks, Hasselback, Warner11) The Panthers will have the #1 defense, but their lack of a passing game and their division will keep them out of the playoffs.

Kitna? :rotflmao: 1). The Rams will be back, with a vengeance. <-- I swear it's not a homer pick :boxing: 2) K.C. will have one of the top offense's in the league. <--See :angry: 3) Vick will pull a Slash4) Fred Taylor will make it another full year.5) Seattle will start stick again.6) S.F. will once again be one of the best teams. <--- Again :angry:

Chad Johson top 5 receiverKurt Warner #1 QBShockey 1000yds and 10 TDsAdrian Peterson top 15 RBPortis #1 RB

2) K.C. will have one of the top offense's in the league. <--See :angry:
This, I strongly agree with. My "I told you so" from this has been mentioned - that TGreen will be a top-10 QB again.

Whoops, I keep forgetting that Seattle is NFC :wall: ... okay, so the Dolphins will beat either the Giants or the Seahawks in the Super Bowl :D I was going to give Arizona credit for 1 win this season, but I just think they're going to suck too bad for that.

2) K.C. will have one of the top offense's in the league. <--See :angry:
This, I strongly agree with. My "I told you so" from this has been mentioned - that TGreen will be a top-10 QB again.
My reasons:One of the best O-line in the league" " te's" " rb'sThey have Morton back where he belongs so he should be vastly improvedAn improved defenseA C+ QBThe biggest thing is the offensive line

I told y'all that KC would be the most improved defense in the NFL this upcoming season and combined with Jacksonville's improved defense as well, the two of them will make an excellent defense by committee combo that can be drafted very late in drafts or bought cheaply in auctions.... :P -Maxie
Kerry Collins plays on offense.Geez. :shock:

Drafting Harrison in round 1 will do wonders for your team. Garner will be a top 5 RB in leagues with 1 point per recpetionWitten wil be a top 5 TE. He plays in Dallas by the way.Erickson will drive the niners into the ground and a 6-10 seasonWarner will be the top QB

The Bucs will win their second Superbowl and will three-peat in 2004. The Saints will start off hot, but Brooks will get nicked and they will not make the playoffs.Eddie George will not start 8 games.Priest Holmes will get a big, fact contract, but be a shadow of his former self.Bledsoe will be injured and will miss significant time. Moulds has career lows in catches, yards and TDs.Fred Taylor is arrested.Pittman's probation case is postponed until after the season.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread