What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I was called a "Boot" at the store last night (1 Viewer)

Am I a Boot?

• Yes

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • No

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Maybe

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • Boot

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • Eagles -1.5

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Chiefs +1.5

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • GoldenPlane

Votes: 13 30.2%

• Total voters
No idea, but I've been thinking about you while building a cornhole set this week. Hope my bags fit sweetly in the hole like yours do.
My advice would be don't skimp on the materials. You want championship quality boards and bags.
I built this thing heavy duty. 2x4 frame and 1/2" sanded plywood. I also ordered a vinyl wrap so it will look sweet. I ordered the corn bags - they showed up yesterday and feel pretty solid.

I read somewhere that the pro guys use a bag that is slick on one side and the other side has a grippy texture to it. Seemed weird to me.

Real corn?

He super enunciated the word Boot this time. So he's out of the store and I'm checking out now. I ask the cashier if I heard him correctly. "Did he say Boot?" She is still a bit upset from the guy going off on her and just shrugs. There is a couple behind me in line and I ask them if they heard him say Boot, which they did. I ask them what it means and they have no idea.

This whole part :lmao:

My BIL believes a Boot refers to a blue collar worker and claims to have heard it said before (but he couldn't recount the time it was used). The man who said it to me at the store was wearing a button down shirt so maybe he saw himself somehow above me? I was wearing jeans, a hoodie and a cap. I have a little scruff going too. Maybe this is it?

Users who are viewing this thread