What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

IDP Ideas (1 Viewer)

This_Guy

Footballguy
I'm starting up a new league and we are considering IDP. I've never used IDPs before and wanted a little insight on how your leagues run this. How many defensive players do you start? What positions? What are some of the pros/cons compared to Team Defense? Are there any specific rules that you have regarding IDPs? Any input would be appreciated.

Zealot leagues have 53-man dynasty roster and start the following1/2/3/1/1 + 1 FLEX on Offense2DL/2LB/2DB + 2 FLEX (no more than 3 at any one position)That's 9:8The scoring is set so that the IDPs can really make a difference (6 pts for TDs, Return yardage for INTs, FRs, Punt/Kick returns, etc.)I've joined a new league this year (Gamebreakers) which starts:8 offense & 11 defense - with all DEF positions requiring at least one starter (DT/DE/LB/CB/S).gamebreakers is over the top for first-year IDP players. Zealots SEEMS like a lot, but I think it's a very good system. I cut my IDP teeth on it last year, so it's doable for the first year IDP player.

Check the post bye "eyejames" a bit down the page - it's the same question with some answers.I'd say the biggest thing to figure out is the balance between points for tackles and for big plays.

Users who are viewing this thread