What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

IDP scoring (1 Viewer)

CBizzie

Footballguy
Alright guys I am starting up a dynasty with some friends of mine that will incorporate IDP into the rosters. For the most part, we have all stuck to team defense in all the other leagues we were involved in. What's the best way to set up the scoring for the IDPs?

Here is the offensive scoring as a reference:

1 pt/10 yds rush & rec

6 pts all rush/rec tds

1pt/25yds passing

4pts all passing TDs

I have ran a IDP league for the past 6 years. Why more league do not do this is beyond me. Defensive teams really hold no merit with me.

But to answer your question... It is important to decide the number of defensive players and the starting requirements for each position.

Too many defensive players / starting positions up front will make the transition more difficult. I suggest 4 starting defensive players (figuring 8 starting on the offensive side 1QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1 TE, 1 K). I started with 1 DL, 1LB, 1DB with 1 flex. As your league gets more familiar with IDP you can increase or not.

Scoring recommendations:

1 pt per tackle. .5pt for assists

2 pts per sack

3 pts per turnover

6 pts per touchdown

Under this scoring system the highest average scores of any player last season were 10pts/game. This is quite comparible to a WR in most leagues running with a scoring system like you have.

Another recommendation is to decide up front about 2 way players how they can score. There are not that many of them, but they do exist. I ran into the problem a couple of years ago during the Christmas holiday break, during our fantasy semifinals when Urlacher lined up on special teams field goal, and it was a trick play for a TD to him. At that time we had no rule for this scenario, and it created alot of problems as his score changed the outcome of the playoffs.

We use a system modeled to make IDPs generate about 75% of the points that ODPs will...Fumble Recovery

Each fumble recovery will be worth 1 point.

Defensive Tackle

Each defensive tackle will be worth 1 point.

Defensive Assisted Tackle

Each defensive assisted tackle will be worth 1/2 of a point.

Defensive Sack

Each defensive sack will be worth 2 points.

Defensive Pass Defense

Each defensive pass defense will be worth 2 points.

Defensive Interception

Each defensive interception will be worth 4 points.

Defensive Forced Fumble

Each defensive forced fumble will be worth 3 points.

Defensive Safety

Each defensive safety will be worth 4 points.

Defensive Touchdown

Each defensive touchdown will be worth 6 points.

I'd also suggest checking out Zealots scoring for another data point...

Users who are viewing this thread