What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

IDP Sleepers or starting IDP's no one is talking about (1 Viewer)

I have moved on some IDP players and wanted to see if anyone agrees.

Wesley Woodyard moving to MLB will give him more tackles. Without a pass rush Woodyard will be blitzing some so some sacks could be coming his way. If he plays well I think he stays at MLB. Get him now before owners realize he changed positions.

Danny Trevathan will be at WLB for the Broncos for the first 6 games. I think he surprises and could stick if Woodyard plays well in the middle.

Daryl Smith ILB Balt. Won the job and should put up some good numbers and come at a very cheap price.

Alec Ogletree OLB Rams. Rookie to get now. He was all over the field in the preseason. Dunbar got released so 3-down spot might be his.

Marvin Mitchell WLB Minnesota. He won the job over Bishop.

Akeem Jordan ILB KC

Nigel Bradham WLB Buffalo. Scott got cut so can you say 3 down player.

Spencer Paysinger WLB NYG

Moise Fokou MLB Tenn Won the job over McCarthy. Must be doing something right.

Ashless Palmer SLB Detroit.

Any others you guys can think of.

I appreciate Manti Te'o's upside. I genuinely believe that his speed limitations are overblown and that he will swiftly assert himself as a playmaking 3-down stud in San Diego.

George Iloka - listed as starter at SS for Bengals. Mays being moved to play LB in nickel/dime situations. Williams is there also, but Iloka, injury and all, seems to have beaten him out of the job. Suggests to me that Williams is not far enough along to threaten for the starting job for most of this season.

FBGs hate Iloka, but he looks to be a starting SS that is available in most leagues.

I moved most of my LB's in one of my dynasty leagues to upgrade elsewhere and am trying to make due with a unit patched together with sticky tack and glue. Cushing was the only real starter when the dust settled. Over the offseason I added Ogletree, Dent, Daryl Smith, Trevathan, Hawthorne, DJ Williams, Nicholas, and took taxi squad fliers on Worrilow and Vince Williams. I think the situations for all of them improved except for Williams and Nicholas. Nicholas may be a viable handcuff to Dent, but Worrilow could steal snaps too. Still playing wait and see with Williams, but not optimistic. The first 5 I could definitely see in my every week lineup soon. Starting Smith and Trev this week.

One sleeper that isn't getting much if any play is:

Cleveland CB Buster Skrine

He is the starting corner opposite CB Joe Haden so he WILL be sought out by opposing QBs.

This Sunday he goes up against Miami WR Brian Hartline who last year caught 74 passes on 129 targets for over 1,000 yards. The Phins aren't deep at WR and lost their starting TE for the year to a knee injury. Haden is going to cover WR Mike Wallace so Skrine is going to be tested not just in this game, but all season long.

If you check his numbers from last year they are solid for any games he was forced into the starting lineup. DBs are typically hit-miss but if you seek consistent points then Buster-K is a legit sleeper.

I appreciate Manti Te'o's upside. I genuinely believe that his speed limitations are overblown and that he will swiftly assert himself as a playmaking 3-down stud in San Diego.
I've got Te'o on my watch list for sure. Maybe this year will be different but I was definitely not impressed with Butler's tackling prowess last year. Seems more adept at blitzing and coverage. Perhaps that will be a nice void for Teo to pick up the slack.

Jon Bostic flashed in preseason, Lance Briggs has lost a step, and James Anderson is not going to last in the subpackages for long.

Duke Ihenacho, another player that has flashed in the preseason not much around on Denver's defense that will consume bulk of the tackles.

Mark Herzlich- think the man in the middle has what it takes to fill holes for the Giants and lead the team in tackles this season.

I wouldn't be surprised if all three out perform the experts projections.

I'm betting James Anderson remains a 3-down LB in Chicago for the whole season. Don't know that I wouldn't want him most of out of any of Chicago's starting 3 at this point.

I'm betting James Anderson remains a 3-down LB in Chicago for the whole season. Don't know that I wouldn't want him most of out of any of Chicago's starting 3 at this point.
Especially if he plays the weak side and Briggs strong like theyv lined up as of late.

umjaker said:
Jon Bostic flashed in preseason, Lance Briggs has lost a step, and James Anderson is not going to last in the subpackages for long.

Duke Ihenacho, another player that has flashed in the preseason not much around on Denver's defense that will consume bulk of the tackles.

Mark Herzlich- think the man in the middle has what it takes to fill holes for the Giants and lead the team in tackles this season.

Dan Connor is the starter @ MLB but Herzlich will see a lot of time there as well

Wesley Woodyard looking good at MLB! Didnt know he was the focal point of that defense, calling plays and everything.

Happy I grabbed him off WW last year

I would like to extend my sincere gratitude to the Audible crew for identifying Ihenacho.

Perhaps not a diamond in the rough, but certainly looks like a shiny yellow metal for the dirt of a price I paid for him.

Dan Connor is the starter @ MLB but Herzlich will see a lot of time there as well
I'm seeing 2 highly credible sites showing Herzlich as the starter in their depth charts.

How certain are you that Connor is starting. I'm starting Herzlich in one tackle heavy league and have other good options.

Users who are viewing this thread