What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

IDPs missing from Top 200 Forward rankings (1 Viewer)

tonka

Footballguy
We were told it would be better this year, but it's Thursday morning in Week 4 and there are still no IDPs in the Top 200 Forward rankings. Waivers have already processed in most leagues. These rankings are needed before that.

IDPs being added late or not at all was a common problem last year and in previous years. Is there any reason to think it will be any better this year despite what we were told?

Besides a few tidbits every once in awhile in Norton's eyes of the Guru column, the IDP on this site is probably less valuable than this thread imo.

And even that article comes out most weeks after my waivers run

Last edited by a moderator:
We were told it would be better this year, but it's Thursday morning in Week 4 and there are still no IDPs in the Top 200 Forward rankings. Waivers have already processed in most leagues. These rankings are needed before that.

IDPs being added late or not at all was a common problem last year and in previous years. Is there any reason to think it will be any better this year despite what we were told?
Nope.

Oh my asking price wouldn't be based upon how amazing My article would be it would be based upon my lack of free time and how much I value it. However, if I wrote an article, I would give it a hundred percent I would spend at least 10 hours a week on it and considering I can make $50 an hour doing IT contract work, it wouldn't make any sense for me to take any less than that and I doubt there's a fantasy writer in the country worth $500 a week LOL. Maybe Bramel, due to his unique skill set of identifying IDP as well as being an expert in the medical field 

I stopped paying for footballguys cause of the decline in IDP related stuff. A couple of years ago it was top notch, now I feel the message boards are the place to be. Step up your game footballguys.

It's strange. I'm not even an FBG subscriber because I've seen some of you guys complain about the IDP content. I do subscribe to DLF though and they have a ton of good IDP content. DLF's IDP forum though isn't nearly as active as this forum. Nature abhors a vacuum. Maybe the forum on here is so good because of the limited content provided while the forum at DLF is less dynamic because of the content on the site.

Just realized I messed up and said Thursday instead Wednesday when I posted this.

But point still remains. IDP 200 Forward is needed before waivers process on Tuesday night. If they aren't in by Wednesday, FBG screwed up (and screwed paying customers).

We were told this would improve this year. Seems like another falsehood.

I'm wondering about Beckwith. top 30/40 LB as of now but #140 on top 200.  That is quite a spread. I really can't see him coming off the field too much for any reason

I'm wondering about Beckwith. top 30/40 LB as of now but #140 on top 200.  That is quite a spread. I really can't see him coming off the field too much for any reason
I assume the reason would be the return of David and Alexander.  Beckwith is benefitting from their absence, and securing his future, but I don't see him taking snaps from those two when they're healthy.

Get that. I can see a drop as well, just not to the bench
If he goes to SAM when they come back that's kind of a death knell for his productivity.  That's the risk and that's where the rankings come from.  I love Beckwith, drafted him in one and got lucky getting him on waivers in another, but there's not enough room for three productive LB's.  Now what would be really interesting is if they decided to leave him at MIKE.  He's better suited for it physically and Kwon really is a prototype WILL (along with David) so who knows what they actually end up doing.  Until they are all healthy it's moot though.

No IDP projections or inclusion in top 200 forward rankings again this week and it's past midnight on Tuesday night. Waivers are processing. What a joke this site is at times.

No IDP projections or inclusion in top 200 forward rankings again this week and it's past midnight on Tuesday night. Waivers are processing. What a joke this site is at times.
I just checked and the projections are there. 

As are the top 200 going forward... as mentioned here previously, you have to choose an offensive position first. Then choose, DL, LB or DB.

and they have Morgan Burnett (OUT) very high. Maybe adjust Josh Jones up in your own rankings. Not sure if they do any mid-week adjustments here

Macgyver said:
Steeler defenders are missing in this weeks projections.
not too sure, but I think you have to put in some kind of a twitter handle to notify them of ligit errors/ommissions

and they have Morgan Burnett (OUT) very high. Maybe adjust Josh Jones up in your own rankings. Not sure if they do any mid-week adjustments here

not too sure, but I think you have to put in some kind of a twitter handle to notify them of ligit errors/ommissions
Steelers are now there.  All good.

If I knew anything about twitter handles and instagram I probably wouldn't still be on this old school forum!!  lol

As are the top 200 going forward... as mentioned here previously, you have to choose an offensive position first. Then choose, DL, LB or DB.
It's about timing - finding them on Wednesday morning when they exist is a lot easier than finding them on Wednesday at 1 AM just before the waiver run, when they don't exist.

It's about timing - finding them on Wednesday morning when they exist is a lot easier than finding them on Wednesday at 1 AM just before the waiver run, when they don't exist.
I would agree 100% if that were true... but when I made this post late Tuesday night (1:00 AM Wednesday, technically) the projections were already up. The poster I replied to had just minutes before posted that they were NOT available, when in fact they WERE.

So to be clear, the projections were, in fact, available late Tuesday (or at least by 1:00 AM at the time of my post). And to me, that's a reasonable turnaround for well thought out projections. Either way, the bigger point is that my reply was intended to point out that the projections were available to someone who had just mistakenly complained they weren't. Not to make a value judgement on when they were first available.

Besides a few tidbits every once in awhile in Norton's eyes of the Guru column, the IDP on this site is probably less valuable than this thread imo.

And even that article comes out most weeks after my waivers run
I agree.

I tried using the weekly cheat sheet in myFBG to pick up some streamers due to injuries and it was fairly useless. It seems like there is very little analysis that goes into it, which you would think should shake up rankings from time to time.

You see guys listed high in the projections when they are injured and there seems to be little impact in the remaining season projections when trends start to emerge. It makes you wonder if someone is just kinda doing it on autopilot.

As the season wears on, I seem to be doing better when I simply go with who has scored more points as recorded in the MFL player stat summaries than I do by following MFG’s rankings.

Sad. I used to love the IDP content.

You see guys listed high in the projections when they are injured 
This has to be hard to deal with for a person projecting players.  If a guy has a 75% chance of playing, and you project that if he plays, he'll get 10 points, do you project him at 10 points or 7.5 points?  I hope they're projecting them at 10 points - I can react an hour before game time if the guy is inactive.

Chiming in to also voice my concern about the lack of meaningful and timely IDP content.  I've been subscribing to this site for years and I do believe this will be my last year for this very reason alone.  Bramel and his IDP insight vanished and Norton's analysis doesn't appear until usually Thursday, well after waivers are ran.  Thankfully Rudnicki adds his upgrades and downgrades timely at least.

Essentially time is of the essence when it comes to information for competitive purposes, and most of the IDP info found here is far too late to remain competitive with unless your league mates are guppies. Considering IDP information can be found much faster on other pay and free sites, It certainly would be helpful if the IDP side of the house received the same attention as the DFS side.

Abspara said:
Chiming in to also voice my concern about the lack of meaningful and timely IDP content.  I've been subscribing to this site for years and I do believe this will be my last year for this very reason alone.  Bramel and his IDP insight vanished and Norton's analysis doesn't appear until usually Thursday, well after waivers are ran.  Thankfully Rudnicki adds his upgrades and downgrades timely at least.

Essentially time is of the essence when it comes to information for competitive purposes, and most of the IDP info found here is far too late to remain competitive with unless your league mates are guppies. Considering IDP information can be found much faster on other pay and free sites, It certainly would be helpful if the IDP side of the house received the same attention as the DFS side.
I see the upgrade/downgrade columns on both sides of the ball as worthless. They do nothing other than tell you who had a great or bad game the week before. I can see that in the same amount of clicks simply by doing a quick stat sort on MFL. You can see the same guy on both sides of those U/D lists from week to week based on nothing more than what his box score was that previous week. 

The last thing I would pay FFG’s for is a summary of what has already happened. If FBG’s isn’t turning that info through analysis into a projection for next week, then what good is it? If i’m Paying for content, I want to be paying for insight into whether that guy is going to have a good or bad game NEXT week, not last week.

You get the sense that there is a lot of filler that is put out just so the page has links to click and content to read. And that isn’t a slam on the authors. I don’t know that I could do better trying to submit content by deadlines while holding down my real 9to5 job and trying to at least give my family some of my off-work time. But it is an issue for FBG’s because as someone else posted, because the price keeps going up and the quality is not.

But then, I’ve been waiting for FBG’s to fix Draft Dominator so CB’s can be separated out from S’s like they do for TE’s and WR’s for about 10 years now.  By this point I know that they just don’t care enough to do it, but to hear them talk, you’d think we were asking them to balance the federal budget and eliminate the national debt all at the same time.

I see the upgrade/downgrade columns on both sides of the ball as worthless. They do nothing other than tell you who had a great or bad game the week before. I can see that in the same amount of clicks simply by doing a quick stat sort on MFL. You can see the same guy on both sides of those U/D lists from week to week based on nothing more than what his box score was that previous week. 

The last thing I would pay FFG’s for is a summary of what has already happened. If FBG’s isn’t turning that info through analysis into a projection for next week, then what good is it? If i’m Paying for content, I want to be paying for insight into whether that guy is going to have a good or bad game NEXT week, not last week.

You get the sense that there is a lot of filler that is put out just so the page has links to click and content to read. And that isn’t a slam on the authors. I don’t know that I could do better trying to submit content by deadlines while holding down my real 9to5 job and trying to at least give my family some of my off-work time. But it is an issue for FBG’s because as someone else posted, because the price keeps going up and the quality is not.

But then, I’ve been waiting for FBG’s to fix Draft Dominator so CB’s can be separated out from S’s like they do for TE’s and WR’s for about 10 years now.  By this point I know that they just don’t care enough to do it, but to hear them talk, you’d think we were asking them to balance the federal budget and eliminate the national debt all at the same time.
Sadly, like most things, I think it ultimately comes down to dollars and cents. IDP (my preference, like many of you on this message board) is neglected because we are the minority. While DFS has proliferated and FBG's has long ago prioritized it as a profit center.

I remember the writers schilling on the message boards trying to get guys to join Fanduel years ago. It came across a little slimy at the time and I've never forgotten it. You knew there was some agenda behind it (kickbacks, partnership or whatever) and it came across completely disingenuous. Hey, if you like DFS, great. It certainly is popular.

I always judge people by their actions (not what they tell me). And judging by FBG's actions, it is obvious our beloved IDP is a small niche not worth increased investment.

Users who are viewing this thread