What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If Antonio Gibson were to go down who is the guy to own Patterson or McKissic? (1 Viewer)

Saboo

Footballguy
Gibson finally looks healthy, but considering what his injury is he could go down at any moment. Assuming he were to go down (and McKissic is healthy) who is the guy to own? What would their roles be? 

I personally think that McKissic might stay in the same role that he is in now and Patterson could hold significant value considering Washington's schedule going forward...Am I wrong to assume this? Would McKissic handle more carries?

Gibson finally looks healthy, but considering what his injury is he could go down at any moment. Assuming he were to go down (and McKissic is healthy) who is the guy to own? What would their roles be? 

I personally think that McKissic might stay in the same role that he is in now and Patterson could hold significant value considering Washington's schedule going forward...Am I wrong to assume this? Would McKissic handle more carries?
How bad was McKissic hurt?  He did require the cart.

McKissic if he’s not seriously injured. He’s been startable many weeks even with Gibson in the lineup. I’m personally hoping it was a stinger and a semi-false alarm, but we don’t know yet.

Patterson has instincts and vision but not a ton of athleticism. If given a large load he could produce but I wouldn’t be that excited about him bc this team doesn’t get a ton of GL or even RZ attempts really. They grind out long, slow drives and a guy really needs to be able to catch passes if he isn’t going to score TDs the way Gibson is. I just don’t see Patterson getting as much work. 

Since McKissic was carted off the field last night, probably not him.
There have been reports that he likely wasn't hurt badly. He was seen walking around the clubhouse on his own after the game. Hopefully he is well and may only miss a single game if any at all if these reports are true.

Last edited by a moderator:
McKissic's the one to own if he's healthy. So far the only report I've seen on his current condition has come from his agent, so take that for what it's worth.

Washington Football Team running back J.D. McKissic avoided a serious injury during Monday night’s win over the Seattle Seahawks. McKissic was carted off the field early in the fourth quarter after a scary collision with defensive back Quandre Diggs but is expected to be fine according to his agent, Doug Hendrickson.

Would McKissic get enough carries or would he essentially stay in the same role he's in now? If he were to stay in his same role and Patterson took on Gibson's role  wouldn't Patterson have more value? McKissic is a very hit or miss fantasy option. With Washington's great schedule vs the run going forward I think they would be handing off more and the RB who gets the most touches would have the most value.

If Gibson were  to be out, I'd predict the following splits, on average:

• McKissic - 10-12 rushes, 5-7 receptions
  • Patterson - 10-12 rushes, 0 receptions
  • New Guy - 1-5 rushes, 0 receptions

Interested in this one. Been holding McKissic in half PPR as the last bench spot for a couple of weeks now, but there's a lot of tempting alternative options at RB on the wire and/or at other positions, with Hunt finally back I'm only realistically using him if there is an injury

This is most likely a very accurate prediction.

dgreen said:

I think this is a very likely scenario. I also think it's very likely Patterson gets the majority of goal line touches.

Read into this what you will but today Gibson went to the tent for a brief period, got listed as limited. He seems fine but the point is when he was out the report I read was Smallwood was taking most of first team reps with Patterson getting worked in a little.

Saboo said:
Would McKissic get enough carries or would he essentially stay in the same role he's in now? If he were to stay in his same role and Patterson took on Gibson's role  wouldn't Patterson have more value? McKissic is a very hit or miss fantasy option. With Washington's great schedule vs the run going forward I think they would be handing off more and the RB who gets the most touches would have the most value.
he’s been a borderline RB1 in half his games this year regardless of who he is sharing touches with. very efficient.

now figuring out which weeks JDM is going off and which ones are floor games? forget it Jake, it’s Chinatown.

John Keim . @john_keim . 1h

Practice report

DNP
Landon Collins (foot)
Tyler Larsen (knee)
JD McKissic (concussion)
Wes Schweitzer (ankle)
Benjamin St-Juste (concussion)

Limted
Antonio Gibson (shin)
Curtis Samuel (groin)
Brandon Scherff (knee)
Ricky Seals-Jones (hip
Logan Thomas (hamstring)

Read into this what you will but today Gibson went to the tent for a brief period, got listed as limited. He seems fine but the point is when he was out the report I read was Smallwood was taking most of first team reps with Patterson getting worked in a little.
It looks like Smallwood is McKissic's backup and Patterson is Gibson's backup. Thus, if Gibson were to go down Patterson would have significant value.

Users who are viewing this thread