What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If I like Manning, do I have to hate Brady (1 Viewer)

Chaz McNulty

Footballguy
It really surprises me that there are so few people that like both QB's. It seems that if you're a fan of one, you really dislike the other.I wonder if people have the same kind of love/hate for Montana/Morino in there day?

It really surprises me that there are so few people that like both QB's. It seems that if you're a fan of one, you really dislike the other.

I wonder if people have the same kind of love/hate for Montana/Morino in there day?
You mean the stats vs. rings argument? I love Brady, I don't hate Manning. Today, I actually feel badly for the guy. If he can't get to the SB with this team, when will he get there?

It really surprises me that there are so few people that like both QB's. It seems that if you're a fan of one, you really dislike the other.

I wonder if people have the same kind of love/hate for Montana/Morino in there day?
Marino's foil was Elway, not Montana.Anyway, I definitely like both Manning AND Brady. At least, I did until 2 weeks ago. Brady calling his team the most disrespected team in the NFL changed my mind.

Seriously, Tom... you've got the worst record of any team in the playoffs, and more people are picking YOU to go to the AFCC and/or Superbowl than are picking DENVER, who had the #2 seed and one fewer game to play. That's not DISrespect, that's OVERrespect.

I'm guessing more Manning fans dislike Brady for consistantly kicking his team's ### out of the playoffs, while Brady fans don't care too much either way.

Huh? Who the heck cares which QB you "like"?

It really surprises me that there are so few people that like both QB's.  It seems that if you're a fan of one, you really dislike the other.

Marino's foil was Elway, not Montana.Anyway, I definitely like both Manning AND Brady. At least, I did until 2 weeks ago. Brady calling his team the most disrespected team in the NFL changed my mind.

Seriously, Tom... you've got the worst record of any team in the playoffs, and more people are picking YOU to go to the AFCC and/or Superbowl than are picking DENVER, who had the #2 seed and one fewer game to play. That's not DISrespect, that's OVERrespect.
You feel that the Broncos are not respected, but you don't like that Brady thought the Patriots were not respected? Maybe you should listen to the Brady interview again. That interview was all about counting out the SB Champs, especially a team that started out 4-4. The Patriots were not even favored in the Broncos game. Many felt that the Miami game was thrown so the Pats could play the Jags. Many felt that everyone was counting out the Jags right from the start. The Brady interview came up right after that...I think he was caught off guard a little and his comments taken more out of context then what they were meant to be.As for the question at hand, I like them both (Manning is my Dynasty QB! :D )...but I think the stress got to Manning yesterday. If you don't care for what Brady said about the Pats, how do you feel about Manning commenting about his O-line?

Edit: Figured I would put the Brady Quote in...

Not that Brady thinks the Jaguars are bluffing about being disrespected -- how could he, considering he played barely a quarter against the Dolphins Sunday, as the Patriots didn't try for a win that would have meant not playing Jacksonville in the first round of the playoffs? -- he just feels he and the Patriots, the two-time defending Super Bowl champions, have the better hand when it comes to not getting r-e-s-p-e-c-t.

''I think we've been probably disrespected more than any team in the league this year," Brady said yesterday at his weekly news conference. ''I think we've been given up on by a lot of media people, a lot of fans, our own fans, and other people around the league.

''I think if there's one team that feels like they're disrespected, it's us.

''I don't disrespect Jacksonville. How do you disrespect a team that's 12-4? If we were 12-4, it would be different. I think people gave up on us a long time ago, so, we'll see what that means."

Last edited by a moderator:
It really surprises me that there are so few people that like both QB's.  It seems that if you're a fan of one, you really dislike the other.

Agreed.Brady is the better QB. Manning will always be remembered for choking in big games. I lost a lot of respect for Manning after listening to his post game interview. Typical.

You feel that the Broncos are not respected, but you don't like that Brady thought the Patriots were not respected? Maybe you should listen to the Brady interview again. That interview was all about counting out the SB Champs, especially a team that started out 4-4. The Patriots were not even favored in the Bronco game. As for the question at hand, I like them both (Manning is my Dynasty QB! :D )...but I think the stress got to Manning yesterday. If you don't care for what Brady said about the Pats, how do you feel about Manning commenting about his O-line?

Edit: Figured I would put the Brady Quote in...

Not that Brady thinks the Jaguars are bluffing about being disrespected -- how could he, considering he played barely a quarter against the Dolphins Sunday, as the Patriots didn't try for a win that would have meant not playing Jacksonville in the first round of the playoffs? -- he just feels he and the Patriots, the two-time defending Super Bowl champions, have the better hand when it comes to not getting r-e-s-p-e-c-t.

''I think we've been probably disrespected more than any team in the league this year," Brady said yesterday at his weekly news conference. ''I think we've been given up on by a lot of media people, a lot of fans, our own fans, and other people around the league.

''I think if there's one team that feels like they're disrespected, it's us.

''I don't disrespect Jacksonville. How do you disrespect a team that's 12-4? If we were 12-4, it would be different. I think people gave up on us a long time ago, so, we'll see what that means."
:goodposting: Love/Hate are THE most OVERused words on this forum and anyone that uses them must be a homer. No matter how passionate you are about your team, this is still a game and these are two of THE best QBs in that game. They deserve the upmost respect for the way they handle themselves on and off the field. They usually get that respect from real NFL fans, but Homers try and find any little excuse they can to hate a guy. Not everyone is perfect and you dont have to agree with everything they say, but to "hate" someone for a bunch of "coachspeak" or because they are a winner is rather childish and just proves that you could care less about this great sport.

Certainly not, however their styles of play differ enough that if you prefer one style you're likely to like the other one less.I don't 'hate' Manning. I can certainly respect and admire his skills. As a whole package though, I'd take Brady over Manning any day. Because they have been the two dominant AFC QBs of the last couple years, it's automatically set up to be a rivalry.

Agreed.Brady is the better QB. Manning will always be remembered for choking in big games. I lost a lot of respect for Manning after listening to his post game interview. Typical.
that post game interview was not typical for Manning. He has always been a class guy and was being pestered about the sacks and blitzes after a tough loss so he made a mistake. One bad comment doesn't make it typical and again 22-38 290 yds 1td 0ints is not a choke.

I'm guessing more Manning fans dislike Brady for consistantly kicking his team's ### out of the playoffs, while Brady fans don't care too much either way.
Yeah cuz we never see Patriots fans on here bashing Manning and calling him a choker :rolleyes: not all pats fans but a lot

Hey Harry,

Stats are OVERRATED!!! :thumbdown:

Brady has typically put up boring stats in the playoffs but he has 3 Super Bowl rings to show for it. Composure and leadership, which Brady possess and Peyton lacks in, doesn't show up in the box score.

that post game interview was not typical for Manning. He has always been a class guy and was being pestered about the sacks and blitzes after a tough loss so he made a mistake. One bad comment doesn't make it typical and again 22-38 290 yds 1td 0ints is not a choke.

Hey Harry,

Stats are OVERRATED!!! :thumbdown:

Brady has typically put up boring stats in the playoffs but he has 3 Super Bowl rings to show for it. Composure and leadership, which Brady possess and Peyton lacks in, doesn't show up in the box score.

And somehow we are able to judge composure and leadership and call someone a choker because of those unmeasurable traits?

down 20-3 late in the 3rd and gets his team in position for OT

needed a spark and took charge to go for it on 4th down (also did this to spark comeback over the chargers last year)

responsible for the whole offense really with playcalling, protection, audibles (i think its too much responsibility and they should just let him play)

he didn't buckle under the constant sacking and pressure- the colts kept coming and finally got going.

Hi Chaz,I'd say not at all. I like both guys. They've been some of the top teams in the AFC over the last few years so they often get down to a "one or the other" thing but I like both guys. I'm sure lots do.

J

Yeah cuz we never see Patriots fans on here bashing Manning and calling him a choker :rolleyes: not all pats fans but a lot
True, but refer to the "more" part.FWIW, I like Peyton, but he does choke in big games.

Users who are viewing this thread