What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If Matt Cassell brings the Patriots to the Super Bowl. Would BB have t (1 Viewer)

Linus Scrimmage

Footballguy
We all know Belichick has no soul and will do anything to help the team win.

Let's assume Matt Cassell puts up a Kurt Warner type season from 99 and the Patriots win the Super Bowl.

Brady has a huge contract and Cassell doesn't make much.

Could you see BB getting rid of Brady before next year?

Hard to imagine. Cassell would essentially be the 2008 version of Earl Morrall -- which, truth be told, wasn't a bad gig.

I see Cassel having more of a Trent Dilfer year than Kurt Warner, but either way the Pats would be happy with the outcome.

I see Cassel having more of a Trent Dilfer year than Kurt Warner, but either way the Pats would be happy with the outcome.
I agree, I think Cassell will be the Brady of 2001...I'm just saying...if Cassell starts whipping the ball around and they end up with a great offense. I can see BB trading Brady in the off-season.

If he throws 50+ Tds, goes undefeated, and wins the Super Bowl, maybe.

Bledsoe was holding the team back, many sportswriters didn't see that at the time, but he was, he was very expendable.

If he throws 50+ Tds, goes undefeated, and wins the Super Bowl, maybe.Bledsoe was holding the team back, many sportswriters didn't see that at the time, but he was, he was very expendable.
I am not comparing it to the Bledsoe situation. However, if Bledsoe wasn't hurt that year, the Patrios don't win the Super Bowl and who knows when Brady would have turned into Brady.

Unless Cassel plays absolutely lights out, I think they would keep Brady and trade Cassel.

This is a great opportunity for Cassel. If he plays well, he could be starting somewhere next year.

It wasn't long ago that I heard his head might be on the chopping block. Matt Gutierrez was pushing him and the team drafted Kevin O'Connell early in the draft to be their developmental QB.

i was thinking earlier, until yesterday Cassel might well be the luckiest man in the history of football. He hasn't started a game since HIGH SCHOOL. he was a back up at USC...never once started...then somehow made it onto an NFL roster where he's sat making 7 figures for a few years now. pretty sweet gig. it will be very interesting to see if he can play.

We still don't know exactly how bad the Brady injury is. If it's a Carson Palmer-type major damage thing, Brady might not be at 100% by opening day next season. I doubt they'd just release or trade him away, but, he might not be their starter in 12 months.

Anyone thinking the Pats would trade Brady obviously do not live in NE. He is in an astral plane that few people would ever approach. NO WAY the Pats would trade him at this stage barring a Michael Vick episode of epic proportions.

Most days, you LITERALLY cannot go a block in Boston and not see someone with a Brady shirt/jersey on.

We still don't know exactly how bad the Brady injury is. If it's a Carson Palmer-type major damage thing, Brady might not be at 100% by opening day next season. I doubt they'd just release or trade him away, but, he might not be their starter in 12 months.
HUGE difference in timing with the Palmer injury and palmer tore his ACL and MCL. right now it's only the TORN ACL for sure and maybe a slight MCL, but not a tear.If anything good came out of this, it's that it happened week 1. Palmer was hurt in the playoffs. That's 5+ months extra of rehab for him to be ready for next season.

Anyone thinking the Pats would trade Brady obviously do not live in NE. He is in an astral plane that few people would ever approach. NO WAY the Pats would trade him at this stage barring a Michael Vick episode of epic proportions.Most days, you LITERALLY cannot go a block in Boston and not see someone with a Brady shirt/jersey on.
actually I do live in NE, Massachusetts to be exact.I think you can't see the forrest through the trees and you're not thinking clearly about how cut throat Belichick is

Anyone thinking the Pats would trade Brady obviously do not live in NE. He is in an astral plane that few people would ever approach. NO WAY the Pats would trade him at this stage barring a Michael Vick episode of epic proportions.Most days, you LITERALLY cannot go a block in Boston and not see someone with a Brady shirt/jersey on.
actually I do live in NE, Massachusetts to be exact.I think you can't see the forrest through the trees and you're not thinking clearly about how cut throat Belichick is
Despite your opinions about BB, Scott Pioli and Robert Kraft might have something to say about Brady leaving in your obtuse hypothetical.

Anyone thinking the Pats would trade Brady obviously do not live in NE. He is in an astral plane that few people would ever approach. NO WAY the Pats would trade him at this stage barring a Michael Vick episode of epic proportions.

Most days, you LITERALLY cannot go a block in Boston and not see someone with a Brady shirt/jersey on.
Despite your opinions about BB, Scott Pioli and Robert Kraft might have something to say about Brady leaving in your obtuse hypothetical.
Again... IF Cassell puts up a Kurt Warner type season.. I think it would be a much harder decision than you think.. Also Brady isn't going to play forever and he just had his knee shreaded

I suppose if Brady were hurt and struggling to play close to where he was before and they asked him to take a pay cut, I could see them cuting him, but in that scenario trading him would probably be out too as other teams would want him healthy.I suppose we could come up with quirky environments where he could become a liability at his pay grade, but we are a long way from even approaching that at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread