What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If Ray Lewis Wins The Super Bowl MVP (2 Viewers)

@ESPNStatsInfo Ray Lewis has been gifted with 44 tackles in postseason, most of any player in playoffs since Dan Morgan had 45 in 2003.
Ray Lewis' tackles numbers have ALWAYS been inflated and still are.
I've never seen someone fall on top of someone after a team mate brought them down get credited with a tackle as often as him. good gravy.
Butt hurt patriot or broncos fan? Affirmative.

There is a 0.1 % shot Ray Lewis wins Super Bowl MVP if Baltimore wins. While still solid, he is living off reputation at this point. He is not even the best ILB on his team. There are several defenders on that team that are more integral to that D.
I think he has a better chance to win it this year than he had when he won it in 2000

'golfguy said:
@ESPNStatsInfo Ray Lewis has been gifted with 44 tackles in postseason, most of any player in playoffs since Dan Morgan had 45 in 2003.
I've never seen someone fall on top of someone after a team mate brought them down get credited with a tackle as often as him. good gravy.
You must not be watching London Fletcher close enough. Take a look at his home/road splits for tackles. Home: 94 tackles (44 Solo/50 Assists)

Road: 45 tackles (34 Solo/11 Assists)

11.75 tackles per home game

5.63 tackles per road game

He somehow averages 6.25 ASSIST tackles at home but only 5.63 TOTAL tackles in road games.

Something fuzzy is going on here........

Neither one. guess again. Guy gets credited for tackles like no one else I've ever seen. some people pick up stats at home compared to away as noted, but with ray it's an all about love fest. I don't get it. he is great at playing MLB when he has great DT in front of him.

No, they wouldn't snub him, a lot of time has passed and there's just too much positive media following him, as if this entire Baltimore run is Ray's destiny. If they were to win and he was the best player in the game, how better to finish it with a true fairy tale finish at Disney.I find it funny how many people jumped on the bandwagon of why or how Ray won't win the award. That's not the question, who cares if it's 1 percent or 3 percent, it's pretty low, we get it. Will Disney snub him IF he were to win it?

No, they wouldn't snub him, a lot of time has passed and there's just too much positive media following him, as if this entire Baltimore run is Ray's destiny. If they were to win and he was the best player in the game, how better to finish it with a true fairy tale finish at Disney.I find it funny how many people jumped on the bandwagon of why or how Ray won't win the award. That's not the question, who cares if it's 1 percent or 3 percent, it's pretty low, we get it. Will Disney snub him IF he were to win it?
Being that Disney owns ESPN and he's working for them for the next decade or so, I don't see how he'd be passed up if he's anywhere close. Can't bypass him for his past and then have him as one of your flagship ex-players.

Neither one. guess again. Guy gets credited for tackles like no one else I've ever seen. some people pick up stats at home compared to away as noted, but with ray it's an all about love fest. I don't get it. he is great at playing MLB when he has great DT in front of him.
Don't all great MLB have great DT in front of them? Not sure what you are trying to say. The Ravens have played a 3-4 since 2002 (except for a 1/2 season in 2005) and Lewis has won a DPOY award ('03) and have numerous All Pro seasons in that system in which guards get free shots at him all game.

Your comments are pointless without any thing to back them up. Lewis' career splits home/away are pretty close. I have no idea why a visiting player would get leeway on tackles being credited to them. Makes no sense.

If anything, Fletcher is the king of home stat padding the past few seasons but everyone points to his tackle totals as to why he is underrated.

Last edited by a moderator:
You must not be watching London Fletcher close enough. Take a look at his home/road splits for tackles. Home: 94 tackles (44 Solo/50 Assists)

He somehow averages 6.25 ASSIST tackles at home but only 5.63 TOTAL tackles in road games.

:rolleyes: Try doing some real research before posting. Looking past a small sample set (1 season) doesn't really fit your agenda though, does it?London Fletcher

Home: 33 Solo, 22 assisted = 55 tackles (8 games)

Away: 62 solo, 25 assisted = 87 tackles (8 games)

Funny how things even out from season to season when you don't focus on one small sample set, huh?

'Warrior said:

:rolleyes: Try doing some real research before posting. Looking past a small sample set (1 season) doesn't really fit your agenda though, does it?London Fletcher

Home: 33 Solo, 22 assisted = 55 tackles (8 games)

Away: 62 solo, 25 assisted = 87 tackles (8 games)

Funny how things even out from season to season when you don't focus on one small sample set, huh?
How about you do some real research before posting. Check Fletcher's 2010 and 2011 (as well as the 2012 I posted).

He was credited with 84 assists in 16 total home games as opposed to 35 assists in 16 total road games.

Funny how you skipped back to 2009 to look at one small sample set (1 season as you said) to refute 3 straight years of averaging 5.6 assists per home game.

Follow your own logic before you make ourself look anymore foolish.

Dating back to the start of the 2008 season Lewis has played 66 games (33 home/33 road). He has 71 assists in home games (2.15 per game) and 73 assists on the road (2.21).I think these stat keepers that are supposed to be inflating his tackle numbers should be fired for doing such a terrible job. Guys like Mayo and Fletcher are getting 5-6 assists per home game which leads to a 30-35 tackle advantage over Lewis by the end of the season.I can even dig deeper for Lewis. '05-'07:17 home games/35 assists = 2.06 assists per game17 road games/34 assists = 2 assists per game For the last 8 seasons (clearly not a 1 season small sample set) from '05-'12 Lewis averages essentially the same number of assists in home and road games at approximately 2 per game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wes Welker's Wife

Anna Burns Welker posted a message to her Facebook page following the Ravens' win over the Patriots in the AFC Championship Game, saying, "Proud of my husband and the Pats. By the way, if anyone is bored, please go to Ray Lewis' Wikipedia page. 6 kids 4 wives. Acquitted for murder. Paid a family off. Yay! What a hall of fame player! A true role model!"

She deleted the comments shortly thereafter and then released a statement the following day apologizing for her remarks.

Ray Lewis

"I've always been a firm believer of the Good Book, and the Good Book always confirms, even a fool is counted wise until he opens he or she mouth," he told reporters. "And sometimes people just say silly stuff. And they say it out of emotion. And sometimes you need to let the game take care of the game. We lost up there last year, and I didn't hear one teammate say anything about nobody there because we have respect for that team, that they won it fair and square.

"So for her to come out and say what she said, listen, I truly forgive her, and I have no hard feelings against her at all, but I believe people just make mistakes and say foolish things sometimes."

Lemme get this straight...

Welker's wife posts a comment on her Facebook page telling fans to go to Ray Lewis' Wikipedia page. She is basically reiterating factual information.

Lewis "forgives her," says she made a mistake and said foolish things.

:confused:

I think it was foolish in the sense of her coming off like a sore loser. Sure, what she said was correct (except the part about him having 4 wives), but given the timing, it came off like sour grapes. I would be curious though what Lewis, who talks about respect for the Patriots and whatnot, thought of Suggs' post-game rant about the Patriots.

'Ghost Rider said:
I think it was foolish in the sense of her coming off like a sore loser. Sure, what she said was correct (except the part about him having 4 wives), but given the timing, it came off like sour grapes.

I would be curious though what Lewis, who talks about respect for the Patriots and whatnot, thought of Suggs' post-game rant about the Patriots.
Looks like he chose to ignore his Suggs' comments. Well, God made him choose to ignore the comments.Not even sure why this made headlines.

Users who are viewing this thread