What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If the Raiders draft Young, what team do I now (1 Viewer)

What team should I switch to?

• Cardinals (Phoenix is my current residence)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chargers (originally from L.A.)

• Rams (originally from L.A.)

• Wait until a team transfers to L.A.

• Stay a Raider fan

• Other

• Total voters

bagger.

The One Play Quiz
I am a Raiders fan but in good conscience could not root for them anymore if Young was their QB. I am originally from L.A. but now live in Phoenix. This leaves me with some limited viable options of other teams to root for.

I could root for another old L.A. team or I could root for the Cardinals. With the new stadium being built this could be a great time to make the switch.

What do you think?

I have always been too smart and classy to be a Raiders fan anyway and I am ready to root for a team who does not lead the league in penalties and stabbings in the stands every year.

Wow, your hatred (or should I say dislike) for Young really runs deep, I guess. Why?
I am sure he is a nice enough guy. I just don't like his chicken throwing motion and feel that as much as I have bashed him it would be disingenuous to root for him on the Raiders.So I am stuck rooting for a new team.

I just don't think he will be a success in the NFL. I see him like a Michael Vick but only not being able to throw as well as Vick does.

I wish him the best, but can't root for him.

I am a Raiders fan but in good conscience could not root for them anymore if Young was their QB. I am originally from L.A. but now live in Phoenix. This leaves me with some limited viable options of other teams to root for.

I could root for another old L.A. team or I could root for the Cardinals. With the new stadium being built this could be a great time to make the switch.

What do you think?

I have always been too smart and classy to be a Raiders fan anyway and I am ready to root for a team who does not lead the league in penalties and stabbings in the stands every year.
Why not root for Young? He's going to be great.Or just root for the Cardinals and #### for all I care.

I'll take your spot as annoying Raider fan.

I am a Raiders fan but in good conscience could not root for them anymore if Young was their QB.  I am originally from L.A. but now live in Phoenix.  This leaves me with some limited viable options of other teams to root for.

I could  root for another old L.A. team or I could root for the Cardinals.  With the new stadium being built this could be a great time to make the switch.

What do you think?

Why not root for Young? He's going to be great.Or just root for the Cardinals and #### for all I care.

I'll FEDEX you my spiked shoulder pads.

Wow, your hatred (or should I say dislike) for Young really runs deep, I guess. Why?
I am sure he is a nice enough guy. I just don't like his chicken throwing motion and feel that as much as I have bashed him it would be disingenuous to root for him on the Raiders.So I am stuck rooting for a new team.

I just don't think he will be a success in the NFL. I see him like a Michael Vick but only not being able to throw as well as Vick does.

Fair enough, but all homerism aside (even though I'll be accused of it anyway), I think your assessment is way off. He and Vick aren't really similar in style at all, and Young is a better passer than Vick was coming out, maybe even right now.It sure would suck having to find a new team to root for, esp when your team is about to become very difficult to defend against (if they take Young, that is). With Moss and Young and a solid to very good running game...scary.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fair enough, but all homerism aside (even though I'll be accused of it anyway), I think your assessment is way off. He and Vick aren't really similar in style at all, and Young is a better passer than Vick was coming out, maybe even right now.It sure would suck having to find a new team to root for, esp when your team is about to become very difficult to defend against (if they take Young, that is). With Moss and Young and a solid to very good running game...scary.
Well if Young is as good as you say he is (and he very well may be) I'll just switch back. :thumbup:

Well if Young is as good as you say he is (and he very well may be) I'll just switch back. :thumbup:
We'll see. That's the fun of it, right?

It is the fate of many Raider fans to hate the Raider players, hate the coaching staff, hate the front office, and -- especially -- hate the owner. Why should you be any different?

:tinfoilhat:

It is the fate of many Raider fans to hate the Raider players, hate the coaching staff, hate the front office, and -- especially -- hate the owner. Why should you be any different?

:tinfoilhat:
:goodposting: I may just be stuck then.

:kicksrock:

I think VY is a good guy and someone worth cheering for... even despite all the blind, non-objective fan lust we've had to endure. And he does have the potential to be an extraordinary NFL QB... if he can adjust to the NFL game.

All that said, if you still feel the need to bail on the Raiders, it can be a big shock going cold turkey from living in the depths of soullessness necessary to be a Raiders fan, all the way back to a normal member of humanity.

I'd suggest working your way back to humanity gradually. Maybe the Eagles?

I think VY is a good guy and someone worth cheering for... even despite all the blind, non-objective fan lust we've had to endure.  And he does have the potential to be an extraordinary NFL QB... if he can adjust to the NFL game.

All that said, if you still feel the need to bail on the Raiders, it can be a big shock going cold turkey from living in the depths of soullessness necessary to be a Raiders fan, all the way back to a normal member of humanity.

I'd suggest working your way back to humanity gradually.  Maybe the Eagles?
Wow. You really are talking baby steps.

I think VY is a good guy and someone worth cheering for... even despite all the blind, non-objective fan lust we've had to endure. And he does have the potential to be an extraordinary NFL QB... if he can adjust to the NFL game.

hmmm....i would of thought that was a lateral move at best......

:lmao: I thought Eagles fans were just Raiders fans that live on the east coast.

Although booing Santa Claus would be like the patch.

You sir, are the worst kind of fan: the dreaded wagon hopper.I'll hope the door hits you on the way out.

:bye:

What do you think?

Aren't you a Trojan fan? Maybe it's time you are reintroduced to Carson Palmer.

I am a Raiders fan but in good conscience could not root for them anymore if Young was their QB.  I am originally from L.A. but now live in Phoenix.  This leaves me with some limited viable options of other teams to root for.

I could  root for another old L.A. team or I could root for the Cardinals.  With the new stadium being built this could be a great time to make the switch.

What do you think?

I'll FEDEX you my spiked shoulder pads.
:lmao: J

As a Raiders fan, hope they land VY (or Cutler) ... please not Leinart, just don't think he is a good fit for the vertical passing game and Moss will be next to useless having another Pennington throwing to him.

It is not like VY is Ron Artest or John Rocker. I don't see how you can switch teams because of a player unless he's a complete embarassment to the community.

I think the fans of whatever team takes Vince will grow to love him the way Texas fans already do. He just has that "IT" factor that as a fan, you can't help but gravitate to. It won't take him long to win you over.

Even if there are struggles in the win/loss column early, the potential will be clear to the fans, and Vince is never boring to watch, so the entertainment value will always be high. After he takes your team to a couple of miracle come-from-behind wins (the guy refuses to lose), then he'll have your undying devotion.

your team is about to become very difficult to defend against (if they take Young, that is). With Moss and Young and a solid to very good running game...scary.
Isn't this the rhetoric coming out of Oakland EVERY Year? Just last year, the addition of Moss was going to catapult the Raiders to the top of the offensive rankings. Collins was the perfect QB for Moss. No matter what the state of their defense, no team would be able to keep up with that scoring machine.How long will we be expected to swallow this tripe?

your team is about to become very difficult to defend against (if they take Young, that is). With Moss and Young and a solid to very good running game...scary.
Isn't this the rhetoric coming out of Oakland EVERY Year? Just last year, the addition of Moss was going to catapult the Raiders to the top of the offensive rankings. Collins was the perfect QB for Moss. No matter what the state of their defense, no team would be able to keep up with that scoring machine.How long will we be expected to swallow this tripe?
Untill Moss got hurt last year, it was true for the most part.

As a Raiders fan, hope they land VY (or Cutler) ... please not Leinart, just don't think he is a good fit for the vertical passing game and Moss will be next to useless having another Pennington throwing to him.
:rolleyes: Yeah, because they were such a horrible combo at Marshall.

Remind me when he got injured... because the Raiders didn't top 20 points of offense until week seven last year.

Remind me when he got injured... because the Raiders didn't top 20 points of offense until week seven last year.
With Moss healthy, Collins was throwning for 273/1.5 per game with NO ints.

So you aren't really interested in seeing the Raiders score more points than their opponents as long as their QB has good fantasy production?Fair enough.

So you aren't really interested in seeing the Raiders score more points than their opponents as long as their QB has good fantasy production?Fair enough.
No, not really. I'm not a Raiders fan.

I think the logical choice here is the Cardinals. You're now a member of the Phoenix community. Might as well root for the Cards even though I'm convinced that they will never be a great organization until it gets a new owner with a different last name.

Screw it, root for the Buccaneers aka the team who oVVned the Raiders in the Superbowl.

That's easy; San Antonio Spurs.

You already live in the desert SW, have all the black/silver/white gear and you finally shift your allegiance from two terrible teams (raiders/lakers) to a classy champion like SA.

Do us a favor and root for another team no matter who Oakland selects.

Why?

Why?
I think he was offended by the too smart and classy comment.If you take my suggestion and become an Eagles fan, I'd suggest you not make that kind of comment to them either... unless you accompany it with a beer thrown at the mother or grandmother of a player from the other team. ;)

(As a Texans fan I can throw that stone safely... we only douse women from the families of our own team members.)

As long as Al Davis is alive?

Users who are viewing this thread