What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If Vincent Jackson Goes to the Seahawks... (1 Viewer)

Dinsy Ejotuz

Footballguy
Assume for a minute that all the smoke leads to a fire, and Seattle is able to get a deal done for Jackson before the Saturday deadline.

If he plays 13 games, what sort of totals do you see for him with Hasselbeck?

Last edited by a moderator:
Assume for a minute that all the smoke leads to a fire, and Seattle is able to get a deal done for Jackson before the Saturday deadline. If he plays 13 games, what sort of totals do you see for him with Hasselbeck?
60/800/5Not exactly a high-octane offense even with VJax.

Assume for a minute that all the smoke leads to a fire, and Seattle is able to get a deal done for Jackson before the Saturday deadline. If he plays 13 games, what sort of totals do you see for him with Hasselbeck?
I don't see the Seahawks moving Housh so I think VJax stays put.Totals: 0/0/0

Phil doesn't think he'd be able to pick up the playbook and have that big of an impact on such an awful team. Top 30 wr...maybe cracks the top 20 (on a ppg basis).

Looks like VJax is going to be a Seahawk in the next few days. Hopefully it doesnt happen in the next two days so i can snag him late in my two drafts Saturday.

I don't see the Seahawks moving Housh so I think VJax stays put.Totals: 0/0/0
Yeah, they're not going to get anything in a trade. They'll have to release him.
The problem is that he has $7M in guaranteed salary this year. It's hard to imagine the Seahawks paying Housh $7M this year AND trading something of value (e.g., a second round pick) for Jackson AND giving Jackson a huge deal that includes a large signing bonus.Also, I believe VJax has to report by 9/4 in order for it to be possible for him to play 13 games. Is that likely at this point?

I don't think this goes down, but for the sake of discussion, we'll say it does in the next 2 days.

Nate Burleson in 13 games last year:

63 812 3

V-Jax in 15 last year:

68 1167 9

Put me down for 55-925-6

What makes you say this is going to happen in the next few days?
report that the seahawks were in contact with the chargers FO again. Seahawks | Granted permission to speak with Vincent Jackson Thu Sep 2, 09:54 PM The Seattle Seahawks have been granted permission to speak with San Diego Chargers WR Vincent Jackson, reports NFL Network's Jason La Canfora. The Seahawks had one preliminary talk with Jackson's agents a few weeks back, and they have not moved closer than that to a trade for Jackson, according to league sources.Vincent Jackson player page

What makes you say this is going to happen in the next few days?
Just a guess, i have to assume if someone does trade for him, they would wanrt to do it before the season starts. With the Seahawks shopping Housh, it appears they are trying to clear up cap for VJax. Sounds to me like something is going to happen soon.

I'd expect VJax to get at least 9 targets per game in Seattle (144 targets per 16 games). If he catches 5 of those 9 (56% catch rate) and averages 15 yards per reception (both figures well below his performance over the last two years), that's 75 yards per game. Over 13 games, that would work out to 65 receptions for 975 yards. Seems reasonable.

When is the last time he practiced? How much practice would he have with the team before he serves the suspension? I mean, at some point, sitting on your #### has to affect your game. And trying to learn a new playbook, jell with a new QB, and so on, with no real live action? I would say something around 60 for 900 yards would be ceiling in 2010.

Phil doesn't think he'd be able to pick up the playbook and have that big of an impact on such an awful team.
Chambers made an immediate impact with the Chiefs after joining them mid-seasonI don't see any reason why VJ couldn't do better (Hasselbeck threw for more yards than Cassel last year and VJ is a book-smart guy)

Last edited by a moderator:
When is the last time he practiced? How much practice would he have with the team before he serves the suspension? I mean, at some point, sitting on your #### has to affect your game. And trying to learn a new playbook, jell with a new QB, and so on, with no real live action? I would say something around 60 for 900 yards would be ceiling in 2010.
Crabtree was a rookie last year, showed up in week 6 or 7(dont remember) and looked fine. I dont think a veteran like Jackson would have a problem.

24 posts, 3 projections. Nice work guys. A Shark Pool special. What part of "assume" wasn't clear?

SSOG, your projections are right with mine. 65/1000/6-7 (~15-16ppg), with room on the upside if BMW, Tate or Branch are good enough to make at least one member of the opposing defense cover them.

ASSUMING Sea trades/cuts Hous is a big statement alone.

ASSUMING they agree to terms with SD on trade deal is another big part.

ASSUMING Sea signs VJax to a reasonable contract makes it 3 Big questions.

So, if we all ASSume the 3 above situations....

V Jax is a big RZ target and has good speed. Don't know his route skills, but I see him as Top 25 value in Sea.

In the potential 13 games he could play, Sea will have other WR's that will get looks that have build chemistry and developed timing with Hass. 4 catches a game is realistic IMO.

Projection 55 rec 750 yards 4 TD

Very much in line with Nate's production.

IF Hous stays in Sea and they share WR1 duties, all bets are off. Both would hurt each other as neither wants to be #2.

EGO plays a big part of this equation.

My take: Sea will keep Hous, VJax will sit out the 6 games in SD and return in marginal condition, clearly not game shape, but will get back to form after 3 weeks, so his value will return around Week 9-10.

For those who hold him, he will help with a playoff run. For those with no patience, they will sell/trade him off short and regret it later.

As I've said all along, the odds are heavily in favor of Vincent Jackson playing 13 games this year. It's very rare for NFL players to hold out and miss game checks. I know all the factors involved, and I know the reasons VJ might be different...but this is why I think a trade will go down before Saturday.

In PPR leagues, VJ is the biggest steal going right now. Grab a receiver in 1-2, go RB in 3-5, do a QBBC and snag VJ in a late round and you will have a great team.

It would make sense for the Chargers to get something done for him, but getting the right value would be tough. If he sits the year then leaves, I think the Chargers get a 3rd round pick as compensation anyway, so the bidding would seem to start with a 3rd. Teams seem to guard 1st/2nd round picks with their lives. To give one, then have to give V-Jax a huge deal or risk him being very unhappy (knowing what he'll do when unhappy) sounds like alot for a team.

It would seem that a young guy with a chance to be one of the better WRs in the league for a long time would be worth it (especially in a league that now requires a strong passing game), but this is the NFL. Paying players what they are worth (and giving up a chance for cheap young players in the draft) isn't something most teams are interested in.

If he did go to the Seahawks for 13 games, put me down for 55/950/6.

Rams out of Vincent Jackson bidding

By Mark J. Miller

The St. Louis Rams had been trying to trade for San Diego Chargers holdout restricted free agent wide receiver Vincent Jackson(notes) but NFL.com is reporting that the Rams have pulled out of the bidding.

"There are too many moving parts," a Rams source told the site. "That's not something we're pursuing right now."

The source says that the Rams are looking for a second-round pick as well as another pick. And that's all before trying to work out a contract with Jackson.

Meanwhile, the Seattle Seahawks are the only team to have spoken with Jackson's agents. But that was a few weeks ago and NFL.com reports that the two sides "have not moved closer than that to a trade."

Follow Yahoo! Sports Rumors on Twitter at @markjmill.

Users who are viewing this thread