What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yo (2 Viewers)

Yah won't just kick her out. She really has no place to go as her family doesn't live in this area. She's looking for place to move so no biggie.
It really IS a biggie. MAKE IT a biggie. Take Raiderfan's advice and run with it. Otherwise you prolong the uncomfortablness, your emotional pain, and your start to bouncing back.ETA: is this your house/apt, hers, or both?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a ton guys. The support had helped a lot to change my mindset.

Funny actually came home later then her (she had work) and I could already tell she was a bit jealous when she found out who I was hanging out with.Still don't feel totally happy, but I was able to enjoy myself last night.
Wait, you guys are still living together?
:yes: This poor kid... you can almost hear his desperate hope as you read the bolded.
Yeah. That mindset needs to change ASAP. Don't try to make her jealous, don't CARE if she's jealous, don't KNOW if she's jealous. Sever ties. Kick her out if she doesn't move very soon.
Wait. It's HIS place, she's living there with him, and she broke up with him? No.16, if this is the case, you need to throw her out now. I'm not kidding. Like, literally, don't even finish this sentence I'm writing, just throw her out NOW. Why are you still reading? I thought I told you to stop reading and thr- dude, I'm not kidding. THROW HER OUT NOW ! Stop reading this. STOP IT !! OK, if you're not going to stop reading, I'm going to stop writing.
He won't do that. Do tell her she's got 2-3 weeks to find a place though.
I'd tell her she has 2-3 minutes to do so before my foot found a place between her buttocks.

Yah won't just kick her out. She really has no place to go as her family doesn't live in this area. She's looking for place to move so no biggie.
It really IS a biggie. MAKE IT a biggie. Take Raiderfan's advice and run with it. Otherwise you prolong the uncomfortablness, your emotional pain, and your start to bouncing back.ETA: is this your house/apt, hers, or both?
:goodposting: It really is a biggie. If it's your place, make her stay with friends. She must have someone with a couch. If it's your place, leave. Find a couch somewhere. You need one of you to move out by the end of today. You could even be nice and say tomorrow (though that's probably too nice).

If she knew she was going to break up with you she should have had another place lined up before she dropped the news. If she didn't she's either stupid or knows she can use you. You have no use for either.

Tell her that now that you're a single guy, your "new things" are porking hookers in the living room and zapping your room-mate with a cattle prod every 20 minutes or so. A couple of hookers and a cattle prod can't cost more than a few hundred bucks. She'll be gone by sundown.

The problem is, the worst case scenario here is what he believes is the best case scenario--that she second guesses herself and decides to stay. It's inevitable he'll feel this way and doesn't see the downside of it happening. It's easier to look at his situation from the outside and with the experience of it happening, knowing how it turns out.

Funny actually came home later then her (she had work) and I could already tell she was a bit jealous when she found out who I was hanging out with.Still don't feel totally happy, but I was able to enjoy myself last night.
:yes: This poor kid... you can almost hear his desperate hope as you read the bolded.
Yeah. That mindset needs to change ASAP. Don't try to make her jealous, don't CARE if she's jealous, don't KNOW if she's jealous. Sever ties. Kick her out if she doesn't move very soon.
Wait. It's HIS place, she's living there with him, and she broke up with him? No.16, if this is the case, you need to throw her out now. I'm not kidding. Like, literally, don't even finish this sentence I'm writing, just throw her out NOW. Why are you still reading? I thought I told you to stop reading and thr- dude, I'm not kidding. THROW HER OUT NOW ! Stop reading this. STOP IT !! OK, if you're not going to stop reading, I'm going to stop writing.
I'd tell her she has 2-3 minutes to do so before my foot found a place between her buttocks.
He didn't catch her cheating on him. You can act a little civil and give her a few days to find a place. Although if she had any heart, she wouldn't stay there and should have lined up a place before breaking the news.Tough situation.

The problem is, the worst case scenario here is what he believes is the best case scenario--that she second guesses herself and decides to stay. It's inevitable he'll feel this way and doesn't see the downside of it happening. It's easier to look at his situation from the outside and with the experience of it happening, knowing how it turns out.
Exactly right. No matter what we say, he won't believe it either, it'll be the "they don't understand my situation" mindset. Can't blame him for that, I was the exact same way in those shoes. I wouldn't have listened to you humps either. :lol:That's why I'm being so blunt and direct. Praying some of it will sink in.

He didn't catch her cheating on him. You can act a little civil and give her a few days to find a place. Although if she had any heart, she wouldn't stay there and should have lined up a place before breaking the news.Tough situation.
Civil? Are you kidding? I'm not saying he should physically cast her out like a bouncer at an unsavory gin joint, but WTF is up with : "Well, after 6 years, I don't want to be with you anymore, but I'm going to go ahead and keep living in your apartment." WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? She expects him to watch the woman he loves walk in and out the door every day like nothing's wrong? What kind of sadistic #### is that?

Civil? Are you kidding? I'm not saying he should physically cast her out like a bouncer at an unsavory gin joint, but WTF is up with : "Well, after 6 years, I don't want to be with you anymore, but I'm going to go ahead and keep living in your apartment." WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT? She expects him to watch the woman he loves walk in and out the door every day like nothing's wrong? What kind of sadistic #### is that?
When you live together, it's still a shared residence. Breakups occur because of both people. She's just the one to initiate it. It's wrong of her to stay but it wouldn't be the worst thing to do to give her a couple of days to get her #### and get out. Take the high road and he'll feel better about himself in the long run. Like I said, if she cheated all bets are off. Her stuff would've been out the door in 10 minutes.

It doesn't ease your pain, but these guys are right. Your ability to love, to think you have/had the "one" is very different in your early to mid twenties. As you get older, wiser, more secure in your job and finances, you'll have all kinds of other options along with different perspectives. Trust me, I had the greatest hottest most beautiful girl when i was in my early 20s. We were engaged to by married. She broke it off because I wasn't Mormon. At the time, I was devastated. ALL my guy friends agreed she was a 9.5 on a 10 scale. By the time I was 30, I thanked God we didn't get married. And this was well before meeting my wife. Just give it time, have some fun, you are only twenty something and carefree for a short time. :thumbup:
:goodposting: Consider yourself lucky. I had a similar situation when I was 26 and almost put a ring on it. So glad I didn't. I'd be miserable right now. Focus on yourself, live life, make money and :pickle: women.

If she knew she was going to break up with you she should have had another place lined up before she dropped the news. If she didn't she's either stupid or knows she can use you. You have no use for either.
:goodposting: She should have been packing immediately.
Agreed. I'd give her until the end of the weekend at best. She shouldn't get to live rent free in your pad while she finds the ideal landing place. It's not your job to make this smooth for her. Her decision to end the relationship was real and she has to go.

Just looked at the OP and he said she broke the news to him "the other day"

She definitely should have been out by now.

Evil Grin dropping some knowledge in here. :thumbup:

She broke up with you. She should have been prepared to leave the minute she said it. If you really want to be civil, give her a week, then her stuff is outside and the locks are changed. There are plenty of 'looking for a roommate' ads in the papers and craigslist. She can be out very quickly if motivated. She's probably waiting until her new boyfriend gives her the go-ahead to move in, but he might have backed out from that plan. Too bad for her.

A couple of thoughts/questions:

1) You say that you need to get in shape. How would you rate yourself and her when you first got together and how would you rate yourself now? Were you equals to begin with, but now she is higher up the scale?

2) What has changed in the last year? It looks like you both got jobs. Were you both looking for work prior to that and you had an "us against the world" approach? Were you helping her through tough times? Women like to lean on guys until they no longer have a need for them. Once she found a job, met new people (and new guys), you pretty much weren't needed.

As mentioned, women don't break things off until they know they have some prospects. She may not be banging another guy, but she has at least one fella that she knows she already has on the hook. If she comes back to you, it's b/c that guy didn't want her. Do you really want to be her backup plan?

I'd hate to have to write down the number of times I tried the Hail Mary to save a relationship. It NEVER works, ever.

Here's what I would say to her:

"You're doing the right thing - life's too short to be unhappy". Be very matter-of-fact - not snide OR weepy. Wish her the best and get her the hell out of your place. You don't have to be mean, but she needs to understand that her staying there doesn't help either of you move on.

I'd hate to have to write down the number of times I tried the Hail Mary to save a relationship. It NEVER works, ever.Here's what I would say to her:"You're doing the right thing - life's too short to be unhappy". Be very matter-of-fact - not snide OR weepy. Wish her the best and get her the hell out of your place. You don't have to be mean, but she needs to understand that her staying there doesn't help either of you move on.
:goodposting: Although he may be feeling it right now, this isn't the end of the world. It's a sad situation but not an angry one. Better to look back on this in the future and be proud that you handled it like an adult not a child. It would be too easy to just say "#### that #####" Forget about her, it's not about her anymore. It about you. Move on with a little personal pride and dignity.

Come on guys, he's still loves her.

But you must know, she no longer see's you in this way.

You've got to remember that. The only way you can move on, is to move her out.

Do you have any mutual bills? cell phones and such?

You poor, dumb, naive *******. Why did she not have a place lined up before she dumped you? Are you going to give me some bull#### about it just happening? Because that's wrong - she's thought about this for awhile. Does she have any friends? Will they refuse to let her use a couch? Can she afford a hotel?You said you want to try a hail mary. Guess what? You letting her stomp all over your manhood like this (yes, letting her stay with you is a pansy move) hurts your chances of a lasting reconciliation. I've gotten together with a chick after I split with her. She was out very quickly. I let her keep her stuff in my garage for a couple weeks but after that I sent her a text saying to have her stuff out by the end of the weekend or I'd toss it all.I also broke up with someone while living with them. Things ended horribly. If I ever see her again I'll be hard pressed not to punch her in her ovaries. If you want any chance at a hail mary working you absolutely MUST get her into a new place. Immediately. It's not your job to figure out where. If you want to regain your emotional sanity she must move out. Immediately. The only possible reason she should still be living there is if you're a pathetic excuse for a man missing his spine and ####. I know you're going to give us some excuses about it being different and not wanting her to live on the street but she wouldn't. She'd find a friend. Go ahead and continue to ignore us but we're not wrong. She needs to move out IMMEDIATELY.

Some quick answers.

About her not having a place before breaking this up.

- Things were a bit weird the past week or so, so Tuesday while we were in bed I asked her if there was anything wrong. She denied anything but after explaining my feelings she started crying and told me she wasn't happy and wanted to end things. So i think she was probably planning on breaking up when she lined up a place but she couldn't hold it anymore when I brought it up.

I actually am peace now with the situation. It sucks but why stress over someone who doesn't want to be with me when I was ready to take care of her for life?

Before I was a pathetic sad puppy wishing she would stay with me but after reading what you guys have to say it was really has helped me come to terms with what is happening. No Hail Mary plans in place.

Some quick answers.About her not having a place before breaking this up.- Things were a bit weird the past week or so, so Tuesday while we were in bed I asked her if there was anything wrong. She denied anything but after explaining my feelings she started crying and told me she wasn't happy and wanted to end things. So i think she was probably planning on breaking up when she lined up a place but she couldn't hold it anymore when I brought it up. I actually am peace now with the situation. It sucks but why stress over someone who doesn't want to be with me when I was ready to take care of her for life? Before I was a pathetic sad puppy wishing she would stay with me but after reading what you guys have to say it was really has helped me come to terms with what is happening. No Hail Mary plans in place.
:thumbup: Good luck bro.

Some quick answers.About her not having a place before breaking this up.- Things were a bit weird the past week or so, so Tuesday while we were in bed I asked her if there was anything wrong. She denied anything but after explaining my feelings she started crying and told me she wasn't happy and wanted to end things. So i think she was probably planning on breaking up when she lined up a place but she couldn't hold it anymore when I brought it up. I actually am peace now with the situation. It sucks but why stress over someone who doesn't want to be with me when I was ready to take care of her for life? Before I was a pathetic sad puppy wishing she would stay with me but after reading what you guys have to say it was really has helped me come to terms with what is happening. No Hail Mary plans in place.
:thumbup: It's so cliche but sometime soon down the road you'll look back at this and sigh with relief. "Saw things so much clearer, once you were in my rearview mirror"

If you don't have the heart to blast away at her with a cattle prod, try this.

The second she gets home, start following her around the apartment doing your loudest, most obnoxious Arnold Schwarzenegger impression..

"COME ON !! GET OUT !! DO IT, DO IT NOW !!! GET OUT OF HERE !!" and just keep that up incessantly. No matter what she does, do not stop. If she goes into the bathroom, stand outside the door and bellow. "WHAT ARE YOU DOOO-EENG? TAKING A DOMP ?!?!? COME ON, PINCH IT OFF AND GET OUT !!! GET OFF THE CRAPPER !!!"

You have to just be prepared to be relentless with it. She'll never be able to take it more than an hour or so before she loses her #### and leaves.

:lmao:Good luck with that. Have you two had the post-breakup hookup yet?ETA :lmao: at Evilgrin's Ahnuld shtick. You're killing it in here guy.

When you live together, it's still a shared residence. Breakups occur because of both people. She's just the one to initiate it. It's wrong of her to stay but it wouldn't be the worst thing to do to give her a couple of days to get her #### and get out. Take the high road and he'll feel better about himself in the long run. Like I said, if she cheated all bets are off. Her stuff would've been out the door in 10 minutes.
#### the high road.

Good for you, man. If you're in the Bay Area, you'll be able to score new poontang in no time. It was harder to get a cab to the Harris Restaurant than it was to get laid on the business trips I took out there. Of course, I'm also spectacularly handsome and charming with a huge penis. And if that doesn't work out, I hear the gay scene out there isn't lacking. You'll be a rotisserie chicken in no time.

#### the high road.
:shrug:to each his own

A couple of thoughts/questions:1) You say that you need to get in shape. How would you rate yourself and her when you first got together and how would you rate yourself now? Were you equals to begin with, but now she is higher up the scale?2) What has changed in the last year? It looks like you both got jobs. Were you both looking for work prior to that and you had an "us against the world" approach? Were you helping her through tough times? Women like to lean on guys until they no longer have a need for them. Once she found a job, met new people (and new guys), you pretty much weren't needed. As mentioned, women don't break things off until they know they have some prospects. She may not be banging another guy, but she has at least one fella that she knows she already has on the hook. If she comes back to you, it's b/c that guy didn't want her. Do you really want to be her backup plan?
1) I'd say were both pretty much similar when we met and now. I dont have as much muscle, put on about 5-10 pounds but she went fr being 103 to her present weight of 113. She's beautiful but I'm a confident guy so I wouldn't say I outkickrd my coverage if that's what you're asking.2) We both are registered nurses so I guess we went through applying to nursing school, getting through nursing school, passing the boards, and then looking and finally finding jobs the past 6 years. So i guess that's what helped bond us together.

'Raiderfan32904 said:
If you don't have the heart to blast away at her with a cattle prod, try this.The second she gets home, start following her around the apartment doing your loudest, most obnoxious Arnold Schwarzenegger impression.."COME ON !! GET OUT !! DO IT, DO IT NOW !!! GET OUT OF HERE !!" and just keep that up incessantly. No matter what she does, do not stop. If she goes into the bathroom, stand outside the door and bellow. "WHAT ARE YOU DOOO-EENG? TAKING A DOMP ?!?!? COME ON, PINCH IT OFF AND GET OUT !!! GET OFF THE CRAPPER !!!"You have to just be prepared to be relentless with it. She'll never be able to take it more than an hour or so before she loses her #### and leaves.
:cry: & :lmao: at the same time. Oh dear.
It'll work. Unless she has a preternatural tolerance level for unrelenting low-grade Schwarzenegger impressions, but that, my friend, is what the cattle prod is for. "Be prepared", I learned that in Boy Scouts.

You're in southern California, right?

I'll send over a couple of escorts to help her move out and you to move on.

A couple of thoughts/questions:

1) You say that you need to get in shape. How would you rate yourself and her when you first got together and how would you rate yourself now? Were you equals to begin with, but now she is higher up the scale?

2) What has changed in the last year? It looks like you both got jobs. Were you both looking for work prior to that and you had an "us against the world" approach? Were you helping her through tough times? Women like to lean on guys until they no longer have a need for them. Once she found a job, met new people (and new guys), you pretty much weren't needed.

As mentioned, women don't break things off until they know they have some prospects. She may not be banging another guy, but she has at least one fella that she knows she already has on the hook. If she comes back to you, it's b/c that guy didn't want her. Do you really want to be her backup plan?
1) I'd say were both pretty much similar when we met and now. I dont have as much muscle, put on about 5-10 pounds but she went fr being 103 to her present weight of 113. She's beautiful but I'm a confident guy so I wouldn't say I outkickrd my coverage if that's what you're asking.2) We both are registered nurses so I guess we went through applying to nursing school, getting through nursing school, passing the boards, and then looking and finally finding jobs the past 6 years. So i guess that's what helped bond us together.
So, a doctor found her attractive and now she's trading up. He's probably married, and that's why she still lives with you.

Well I just can't wait 'til the sun comes up

I'll be jumping in the saddle of a pick-up truck

I've got forty green acres of God's green earth

and Daddy, I'm a man who loves his work

I got a caddle prod

I got Bessie, and Bossie And Rosebud too

They swish their tails and they all say moo

When I do my milk, I feel my temperature rise

I see a little twinkle in those big brown eyes

C'mon Bossie, stand still, it won't hurt, oh!!!

There's a certain kind of loving that my wife don't know

Love so tender just falls off the bone

When I raise my hand I see the cattle shake

I got to have a heaping helping of that sweet flank steak

I got a cattle prod, I got a cattle prod

#### the high road.
:goodposting: Hit the (high) road you cheating skank!

All kidding aside, No.16, you have to get her out. If she can't/won't leave, you should be getting head every single time she walks in the door. If that means hookers, so be it. Empty your bank account. Literally every time she walks in the door, you're getting the bishop waxed. Directly in front of the door - even if it's awkward. If there are stairs up directly opposite the front door, be sitting on the steps getting a hummer there. If the kitchen is directly across from the door, be sitting bare-###ed on the counter under the microwave with someone kneeling on pot holders in front of you. Whatever it takes.

All kidding aside, No.16, you have to get her out. If she can't/won't leave, you should be getting head every single time she walks in the door. If that means hookers, so be it. Empty your bank account. Literally every time she walks in the door, you're getting the bishop waxed. Directly in front of the door - even if it's awkward. If there are stairs up directly opposite the front door, be sitting on the steps getting a hummer there. If the kitchen is directly across from the door, be sitting bare-###ed on the counter under the microwave with someone kneeling on pot holders in front of you. Whatever it takes.
:lmao: all kidding aside.

:lmao: all kidding aside.
Yes. It should be so ubiquitous that every time she thinks about his schvantz, all she can picture is the back of someone else's head. Preferably something distinctive that really burns into the memory like a girl with super bright pink hair or a guy with a pronounced bald spot.

Users who are viewing this thread