What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If you want to get responses to questions (1 Viewer)

Another suggestion is to make simple questions, especially WDIS questions, into a poll. You will get a lot more responses that way because not everyone wants to post, but it's easy to vote in a poll.
Also, for WDIS questions it's helpful if you include the players' matchups so people can consider your question without having to look anything up. Many people won't respond if they have to do additional research... or worse they will write an uninformed response.

First of all, there are far too many people on here that are simply looking for awnsers to ther questions and want no part of offering advice on others questions or posts. also, as someone that has strong opinions and likes to express them, I often enjoy posting my thoughts on others questions. The "exchange" of " look at my post and ill awnser yours" seems .... insulting to me. I look forward to the opportunity to help people and offer my advice. Like an offer or bribe in the headline to "reply to mine" should be leverage to get a response in the first place is silly, and additionallly it is very rarely followed through on. And fianlly, why do so many people read the threads but refuse to take the time to post a short opinion? If you are there reading it, why not simply post a short reply with a little back up to their opinion. Seeing that 18 people had viewed your post and you have one response is almost as Frustrating as the one response bieng "Yes, do it. Please see my post" If everyone was more participative and involved and was a littel more certious with the posts and replies this could be a better experience for all of us.

First of all, there are far too many people on here that are simply looking for awnsers to ther questions and want no part of offering advice on others questions or posts. also, as someone that has strong opinions and likes to express them, I often enjoy posting my thoughts on others questions. The "exchange" of " look at my post and ill awnser yours" seems .... insulting to me. I look forward to the opportunity to help people and offer my advice. Like an offer or bribe in the headline to "reply to mine" should be leverage to get a response in the first place is silly, and additionallly it is very rarely followed through on. And fianlly, why do so many people read the threads but refuse to take the time to post a short opinion? If you are there reading it, why not simply post a short reply with a little back up to their opinion. Seeing that 18 people had viewed your post and you have one response is almost as Frustrating as the one response bieng "Yes, do it. Please see my post" If everyone was more participative and involved and was a littel more certious with the posts and replies this could be a better experience for all of us.
I will try to respnd more often. However currently it's hard for me to get acces to an computer at times . You made some valid points about feedback. Howver I believe most people think you guys are the experts in FFL.

In a dynasty league should I trade Larry Johnson and Antonio Bryant for Jamal Lewis, Jerious Norwood, and Lance Moore?

I keep 14 players and my roster consists of:

QBs

A. Rodgers GNB

M. Ryan ATL

J. Garcia TBB

V. Young TEN

RBs

M. Turner ATL

C. Johnson TEN

L. Johnson KCC

J. Charles KCC

L. Betts WAS

WRs

A. Johnson HOU

D. Bowe KCC

B. Edwards CLE

L. Evans BUF

C. Chambers SDC

A. Bryant TBB

TEs

O. Daniels HOU

T. Heap BAL

K

M. Crosby GBP

DEF

Eagles

Panthers

We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE, 1 K, and 1 DEF.

Sometimes it takes some of longer to find various forums - us old goats have that problem - but I'll try to check in from time to time (at least once a day) and address things where I think I've something to offer - chuck/ork

Also I'm in a bit of a situation here as I've stopped participating in any leagues which aren't full dynasties with full IDP's - like the post I just addressed - it doesn't make much sense to me - and I'm afraid my comments in such a situation might be unwelcome - I mean if he were trading for a TE (which might be a concern) and don't get me wrong - Owens is a very safe TE - but Heap has fallen off of the radar. Otherwise this should be a perenial 1st-3rd place team. Addressing needs in the draft and not giving away talent. c/ork

Last edited by a moderator:
In a dynasty league should I trade Larry Johnson and Antonio Bryant for Jamal Lewis, Jerious Norwood, and Lance Moore?I keep 14 players and my roster consists of:QBsA. Rodgers GNBM. Ryan ATLJ. Garcia TBBV. Young TENRBsM. Turner ATLC. Johnson TENL. Johnson KCCJ. Charles KCCL. Betts WASWRsA. Johnson HOUD. Bowe KCCB. Edwards CLEL. Evans BUFC. Chambers SDCA. Bryant TBBTEsO. Daniels HOUT. Heap BALKM. Crosby GBPDEFEaglesPanthersWe start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 WR/TE, 1 K, and 1 DEF.
Lance Moore is injured - Lewis is on his way out - you've got better RB's now - and you've LJ's primary back up - why would you even think about trading in this situation?

My two cents - I'm tired of tracking down bye weeks on PK/QB and any other players - with the new schedule on the books - maybe if they included these items it would make our advice more meaningful - c/ork

QB warner

RB slaton

RB jacobs

WR steve smith

WR brandon marshall

W/R R. grant

TE zach miller

K Kaeding

DEF titans D

BENCH

Santana moss

Eddie royal

Addai

Orton

Shonn Greene

Dolpins D

Percy harvin

And what package could I put together to get andre johnson without giving up smith, warner, or my 3 starting RBs?

QB warner

RB slaton

RB jacobs

WR steve smith

WR brandon marshall

W/R R. grant

TE zach miller

K Kaeding

DEF titans D

BENCH

Santana moss

Eddie royal

Addai

Orton

Shonn Greene

Dolpins D

Percy harvin

And what package could I put together to get andre johnson without giving up smith, warner, or my 3 starting RBs?

And its a 10 team league

QB warnerRB slatonRB jacobsWR steve smithWR brandon marshallW/R R. grant TE zach millerK KaedingDEF titans D BENCHSantana mossEddie royalAddaiOrtonShonn GreeneDolpins D Percy harvinAnd what package could I put together to get andre johnson without giving up smith, warner, or my 3 starting RBs?And its a 10 team league
Marshall and Royal for AJ and ? might work

hey guys,

its my first time on the forum and the first time participating in a ppr league. I had pick 9 in a 12 team ppr league.

My roster:

Qb: matt ryan, flacco

Rb: chris johnson, slaton, rice, and felix jones

Wr: boldin, desean jackson, anthony gonzalez, andrew walter, and hixon

Te: john carlson and brent celek

K: hartley (saints)

Def: San diego

How would you rate this roster? the dallas and Ny jets def are on the waiver wire, should i drop any of these players to pick up one of those defenses? especially since merriman may get suspended. Also, should i start rice over chris johnson week one? kind of a silly question, but johnson is facing pittsburgh

which 3 do i start this week?

boldin

desean jackson

kein walter

devery henderson

or should i pick one of the following of the wire? stucky, devon bess, laurent robinson, kenny britt or josh morgan. the reason i ask is bcuz boldin and walter are all dealing with injuries.

Should I start Dwayne Bowe or Isaac Bruce?

10 Teams

QB,RB,WR,Flex,Flex,TE,K,D

1pt/10 yds rushing and receiving, 3pt/100+ yds, 1pt/reception, 6pt/TD, -1pt/fumble,

Roster

QB David Garrard, Jason Campbell, Matt Shaub

RB DeAngelo Williams, Chris Johnson, Reggie Bush, Ronnie Brown, Michael Bush

WR Dwayne Bowe, Tory Holt, Isaac Bruce, Donny Avery, Laurent Robinson

TE Zach Miller

K Nate Kaeding

TD Eagles

I have another suggestion and I have no clue why more people don't do this. If possible put your post in the form of a poll. Tons of people can then just click on who to start instead of replying.
Bango! I vote on a lot of polls in this forum.I answer very few threads.I just looked at two threads this morning.In neither thread could I understand the question being asked.Polls simplify the matter greatly, and get more responses. Plus, responses are more useful (IMO).

wasn't exactly sure where to post this so I though I'd stick it here...hopefully I get a response.

Is there a way to see how many posts members have? I don't know if I need to tweak my settings or what. I would just like to know the credibility of who is responding to posts. This feature is on most message boards, thought it was odd when I didn't see it here.

Thanks

wasn't exactly sure where to post this so I though I'd stick it here...hopefully I get a response.

Is there a way to see how many posts members have? I don't know if I need to tweak my settings or what. I would just like to know the credibility of who is responding to posts. This feature is on most message boards, thought it was odd when I didn't see it here.

Thanks
Post count is never a great way to gauge credibility. But if it's that important to you, you can check this by clicking on a user's profile. Of course, it doesn't tell you how much time is spent in the Shark Pool or Assistant Coach's forums vs. the Free For All forum. Nor does it tell you whether a person is a returning member who "can't rembember their password" on the original account, so they had to create a new one.

Even on other forums, it's too easy to post often to get your post count up. It doesn't make a person who's been here 2 years more credible than someone who just joined, or had been lurking for 5 and never posted.

Hope that helps.

(ETA This question belongs more in the Website Questions forum, for future reference. )

Wondering who to start this week in a standard 12 team league with a flex spot. Meaning you can start 1 rb and 3 wr or 2 wr and 2 rb. These are the match ups I have. Injured Chris Johnson vs Jax, C J Spiller vs Den, Dez Bryant vs Phil, Jordy Nelson vs Chicago, Roddy White vs Saints, or Percy Harvin vs Redskins. Who would you start? I need 4 to start any combination but one must be rb. Thanks Cool

I was just proposed Colston and Gerhart for Kevin Smith and Reggie Wayne.

I'm looking to pickup a solid #3 WR, especially with Steve Smith having a foot issue.

Am I giving up to much to get Colston?

It's 10 team PPR/IDP

My team:

Matt Ryan

Fred Jackson

Chris Johnson

DeMarco Murray

Steven Ridley

Isaiah Pead

Rashad Jennings

Kevin Smith

Roddy White

Steve Smith (Car)

Reggie Wayne

Titus Young

Lance Moore (Will get dropped for a kicker before season starts)

Vernon Davis

Scoring

Passing Yards 40 yards per point; 2.5 points at 300 yards

Passing Touchdowns 6

Interceptions -3

Sacks -.5

Rushing Yards 20 yards per point; 2.5 points at 100 yards

Rushing Touchdowns 6

Receptions 1

Reception Yards 20 yards per point; 2.5 points at 100 yards

Reception Touchdowns 6

Scoring System

Head-to-Head, Points Based System.

Scoring per Period

Scoring based on total stats each period.

Matchup Tiebreaker

Ties go to the team with more points from Reserves.

Standings Tiebreaker

Ties in the standings are resolved in this order: Winning Percentage, Head to Head Record, Division Record, Total Points, Points Against (Schedule Difficulty).

Scoring System

Scoring for Offensive Categories

Name

Settings

FG

Field Goals

3 points

Plus 1 point for a FG of 35 to 45 Yds

Plus 2 points for a FG of 46 to 51 Yds

Plus 3 points for a FG of 52 to 60 Yds

Plus 5 points for a FG of 61+ Yds

FGB

Field Goals Blocked (Kicker)

-2 points

FL

Fumble Lost, Including ST plays

-2 points

MFG

Missed Field Goal

-3 points

Plus 1 point for a MFG of 41 to 50 Yds

Plus 2 points for a MFG of 51+ Yds

MXP

Missed Extra Point

-3 points

Pa2P

Passing Two-point Conversion

2 points

PaInt

Passing Interception

-2 points

PaTD

Passing TD

6 points

Plus 1 point for a PaTD of 35 to 50 Yds

Plus 2 points for a PaTD of 51+ Yds

PaYd

Passing Yards

0+ PaYds = 1 point for every 25 PaYds

Plus a 3 point bonus @ 300+ PaYd

Plus a 2 point bonus @ 400+ PaYd

Re20

Reception of 20+ Yards

1 point

Re2P

Receiving Two-point Conversion

2 points

Re40

Reception of 40+ Yards

2 points

ReTD

Receiving TD

6 points

Plus 1 point for a ReTD of 30 to 40 Yds

Plus 2 points for a ReTD of 41 to 50 Yds

Plus 3 points for a ReTD of 51+ Yds

ReYd

Receiving Yards

0+ ReYds = 1 point for every 10 ReYds

Plus a 3 point bonus @ 100+ ReYd

Plus a 1 point bonus @ 150+ ReYd

Plus a 1 point bonus @ 200+ ReYd

Plus a 2 point bonus @ 250+ ReYd

Plus a 5 point bonus @ 300+ ReYd

Recpt

Reception

1+ Recpt = 1 point for every 1 Recpt

Plus a 2 point bonus @ 10+ Recpt

Ru20

Rush for 20+ Yards

1 point

Ru2P

Rushing Two-point Conversion

2 points

RuTD

Rushing TD

6 points

Plus 1 point for a RuTD of 40 to 50 Yds

Plus 2 points for a RuTD of 51 to 60 Yds

Plus 3 points for a RuTD of 61+ Yds

RuYd

Rushing Yards

0+ RuYds = 1 point for every 10 RuYds

Plus a 3 point bonus @ 100+ RuYd

Plus a 1 point bonus @ 150+ RuYd

Plus a 1 point bonus @ 200+ RuYd

Plus a 2 point bonus @ 250+ RuYd

Plus a 5 point bonus @ 300+ RuYd

XP

Extra Points

1 point

XPB

Extra Point Blocked (Kicker)

-2 points

Scoring for Defensive Categories

Name

Settings

BFB

Blocked Field Goals (ID/ST/DST)

3 points

BP

Blocked Punts (ID/ST/DST)

3 points

BXP

Blocked Extra Points (ID/ST/DST)

3 points

DFR

Defensive/ST Fumble Recovered (ID/DT/DST)

2 points

DTD

Total Defensive and Special Teams TD

6 points

Plus 1 point for a DTD of 40 to 59 Yds

Plus 2 points for a DTD of 60+ Yds

FF

Forced Fumble

1 point

Int

Interceptions

2 points

PA

Points Against, Total Points Scored

0 - 6 PA = 8 points

7 - 13 PA = 6 points

14 - 20 PA = 4 points

21 - 27 PA = 2 points

SACK

Sack

1 point

STY

Safety

10 points

YDS

Yards Allowed

0 - 49 YDSs = 12 points

50 - 99 YDSs = 10 points

100 - 149 YDSs = 8 points

150 - 199 YDSs = 6 points

200 - 249 YDSs = 4 points

250 - 299 YDSs = 2 points

Just looking for some advice/comments/etc... on my week 12 line-up

Leave a link and I will return the favor!

QB Schaub, Matt @DET

RB Martin, Doug vs ATL

RB Rice, Ray @SD

WR Cruz, Victor vs GB

WR Shorts, Cecil vs TEN

TE Clark,Dallas vs ATL

RB-WR-TE Austin, Miles vs WAS

DST Cardinals D vs STL

K Graham, Shayne @DET

Bench

Palmer,Carson @ CIn

Rivers, Philip vs BAL

Alexander, Danario vs BAL

Fitzgerald, Larry vs STL

Bennett, Martellus vs GB

Ballard, Vick vs BUF

Packers D @ NYG

To help encourage people to provide feedback on questions in the ACF, please be sure to include:- Size of League (Number of Teams)- Type of League (Dynasty, Redraft, etc.)- Weekly Starting Requirements- Scoring System- Your Entire Roster (if looking to drop Player A for Player B)This way, those that are reading your post can have a much better idea of what to recommend without guessing.You may also want to indicate what you are leaning toward or might be intending to do.
Thanks for the heads up!

Can keep two in a PPR 10 team league with typical PPR scoring. Matt Ryan, Roddy White, Dez Bryant, and Stephen Jackson. Leaning toward keeping Bryant and White.

In a 10 team PPR league. Picking our draft order this week and I'm looking to get two rb's in the first two rounds. I have Ridley as a keeper so I'm looking to load up on rb's. We will get a chance to pick our soots this year instead of random. If I get an early chance to pick my spot I've been leaning towards going around 8th instead of early. Looking to get a Rice or McCoy combo with SJax or Forte. Better to try and go this way or go for picks 2,3 or 4 and follow it up with Bush, CJ or MJD?

Thanks

Is there anyway we can have a seperate WDIS forum? It's tough to navigate through a ton of WDIS threads after the fact while the trade advice threads get burried. Just an idea. :)

Posting a link is helpful, but if you are posting please take the time to answer a few threads regardless of a link in yours

In a ppr with flex, I have Gronk and Gates. I also have Foster and McFadden who are hurt. Other RBs are Thomas and Matthews. Someone is offering me Murray for Gronk. I have a Good WRs to play in flex but not better than Gronk.

jwsbowler, on 09 Nov 2013 - 8:58 PM, said:

what is your starting lineup requirements and full roster? and is this a re-draft or dynasty? without knowing... I would rather have Gronkowski

QB - Brees

WR - Gordon

WR - S. Smith

RB - Foster

RB - McFadden

TE - Gronk

FLEX - Gates

K - Hauschka

DEF - Carolina

BN - T. Williams WR

BN - P. Harvin WR

BN - M. Jones WR

BN - D. Hopkins WR

BN - Matthews RB

BN - P. Thomas RB

BN - D. Johnson RB

I am in a 12 team ppr keeper league. We are allowed to keep 2 players from the previous season at the cost of 1 round below the round the player was drafted in. Example being a player drafted in the 6th round would cost a 5th round pick. I feel this is pretty standard, but we are not allowed to keep a player that was acquired in free agency as one of our two keepers. I have read and researched a lot on this subject and i see most free agents costing a 9 - 12th round pick. What are your guys thoughts on this matter and do you have any experience with free agents in keeper leagues? Thanks

First names and last names. No nicknames.

I don't know who Jackson is. I don't know who Chocolate Swirl is.

Please also make it clear which side of the trade offer you are on.

"I was offered X for Y" does not suffice.

While most reasonable people would write or read that as meaning said trade offer involves you trading away X to receive Y in return, there is a subset of the population which believes it means the exact opposite.

Honestly I just reply to everyone that I can. It's not hard to think about and come up with an answer.

Besides, What's the point about complaining about people who come to the forum for advice? Sometimes people just are looking for someone to talk a little so they can get a second opinion on big matters.

Too many people on this forum read people's questions and don't reply. It's pretty dry here.

everytime I post in this forum I get no responeses this forum is useless and all over the place, I only use shark pool, this forum is USELESS sorry fellas...

David, Should I Trade Jimmy Graham for Joique Bell & Jordan Reed?

In a league of 16 teams, snake draft and I had the #1 pick. My 1st pick was Jimmy Graham. Ppl were shocked when I did that...but I knew what I was doing...DUDE has come through, except last week. Every player due one bad game!

This how I look at it thought. Saints have only played 2 games at home and have 6 more...and we all know they way better at home than on the road. Enough with the yap, what you guys think of this trade offer??

Here is who I have in my team (note I am current 5-2 tied for 1st in my division):

STARTERS:
QB - Russell Wilson, Sea QB
RB - Branden Oliver, SD RB
RB - Stepfan Taylor, Ari RB
RB/WR - Mike Wallace, Mia WR
WR - Kelvin Benjamin, Car WR
WR - Doug Baldwin, Sea WR
TE - Jimmy Graham, NO TE
D/ST - Titans D/ST D/ST
K - Shayne Graham, NO K

BENCH:
Bench - Eric Decker, NYJ WR
Bench - Ryan Tannehill, Mia QB
Bench - Delanie Walker, Ten TE
Bench - Teddy Bridgewater, Min QB
Bench - Devin Hester, Atl WR
Bench - Darrin Reaves, Car RB
Bench - Fozzy Whittaker*, Car RB
Bench - Chris Ogbonnaya, Car RB
IR - Donnie Avery*, KC WR

As you can see I've been hurting in RBs but I've pulled it through. One of the games I lost I lost by 1 point...Falcon D gave me a turrble -7. Would have been won if I benched those fools...LOL. Oh well, Shoulda, Coulda, Woulda...

By the way this offer ends tonight 7:44PM ET! I am leaning toward NOT trading JG.

everytime I post in this forum I get no responeses this forum is useless and all over the place, I only use shark pool, this forum is USELESS sorry fellas...
Yeah, it's kinda annoying to see a post with 60+ views and only one reply.

I need to pick one. 1 point per catch, longer tds gets u more points, 1 point for every 10 yards rec/run combined

Fred Jackson @ Denver

Gio Benard vs Pitt

Jeremy hill vs Pitt

Thank god someone said this. I hate that kind of reply with a passion. The person might as well just say "I really don't want to provide any thoughtful or insightful advice to your query, but since I want your help, I'm going to give you some short answer that I'm neither passionate about nor will remember after I click Post."

I have a trade offer in a 12-team dynasty league with large rosters and IDPs.  The league is non-PPR.

I would trade DeVante Parker and Dante Fowler for Melvin Gordon.

I'm beyond stacked at WR but am light at DE (we start 3).  At RB, I have Gurley, Bernard, Riddick and Abdullah (and other assorted trash).

My only hesitation is Fowler really looking good and that having top players at DE can help to distance yourself from the pack.

We start 1-3 RB, 3-5 WR, 3 DL (among other positions).

I want to Trade Martellus Bennett for Jamaal Charles and feel like i need to before Jamaal plays. Im in a 10 team .5 ppr league lineup is as follows

Qb: Russel Wilson

Wr: Julio Jones 

Wr: Terrelle Pryor

Rb Jordan Howard

Rb Arian foster

Te Jordan Reed 

Flex Willie Snead

Bench Giovanni Bernard, Bilal Powell, Devonte Booker, Quincy Enuwa and Alfed Morris

Thanks for the Help!

Users who are viewing this thread