What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Illegal immigration (1 Viewer)

Story posted about a 14 year old girl being raped by an illegal. 

Tim uses this as an opportunity to amp up his defense of illegals. 

If we stop one crime and deport them then their next crime becomes more difficult to commit in the United States. 
But that wasn't what was posed to me.  I was asked if I could prevent one, just one, from happening, wouldn't I????

I proposed a way of preventing hundreds if not thousands.  Nobody seems interested though :shrug:

Sigh.

I'm so tired of trying to argue against this illogic. Anyhow, you guys won. You have elected a President, and a House of Representatives, and a Senate, that largely agrees with you on this subject. So do what you need to do. IMO, you will fail badly, it will do nothing to stop violent crime, and it will hurt us terribly. But have at it.
Tim, if these rapists were deported would this crime have happened? 

We're not the ones in here outraged by the fact that someone called the rapist an "illegal".  We're more focused on the horrible rape that occurred on that poor, poor child.
No you're not. If you were, you would be concentrating on the scumbags that did this, and not on 11 million other people who had nothing to do with it.

This thread is a perfect example of the right co-opting the left's rhetorical tactics. If you don't expressly agree with abcxyz, you are belittling if not supporting child rape.

Rhetorical question.
RBM>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>you

HTH

Story posted about a 14 year old girl being raped by an illegal. 

Tim uses this as an opportunity to amp up his defense of illegals. 
Or...OP picks out headline describing one horrible crime (out of thousands that happen in our country each year) to amp up his persecution of illegals.  You make the call

Tim, if these rapists were deported would this crime have happened? 
No.

If there were no guns, there would be no mass shootings. If there were no freeways, there would be no freeway accidents. If there were no men, there would be very few rapes. All of these statements are equally relevant to your question.

RBM>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>you

HTH
Wow. Seeing you in a whole new light this evening. 

Best friends?

No.

If there were no guns, there would be no mass shootings. If there were no freeways, there would be no freeway accidents. If there were no men, there would be very few rapes. All of these statements are equally relevant to your question.
Not sure how an inanimate object is equal to a human, but then again seeing the value you place on human life your analogy makes a bit more sense. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Gotta run, guys, I have to go back to the office tonight.

RBM, Buddy Ball, Max, rascal, Boston- your hearts are in the right place, I just think you're so wrong for overgeneralizing on this issue. I don't blame you for your outrage, I'm outraged too. But emotion shouldn't be used to form policy. I think you're all good people though. Hell Toupee I'm not so sure about...

RBM, Buddy Ball, Max, rascal, Boston- your hearts are in the right place, I just think you're so wrong for overgeneralizing on this issue. I don't blame you for your outrage, I'm outraged too. But emotion shouldn't be used to form policy. I think you're all good people though. Hell Toupee I'm not so sure about...
Its pretty simple Tim. We are a country of laws. You may or may not agree with the laws but in this case if our countries laws were followed there is a very good chance this atrocity doesn't happen. 

You wouldn't prevent the rape of this 14 year old girl if you had the chance. You know what a sick, twisted #### that makes you?  Man I've defended you in the past but you've completely bottomed out. Deplorable. 
Brought to you by the same brilliant minds that gave us "hey, #### happens" when a whole bunch of kids died slow bloody agonizing deaths at the hands of a mass shooter.

:lmao:

go #### yourself blowhard

When is the last time a gun consciously made the decision to kill someone?  

When is the last time an illegal consciously made the decision to rape or kill someone? 
Regardless of anyone's stance on either of these issues, this is the very dumbest thing anyone has ever said on this forum.

When is the last time a nuclear bomb has consciously made the decision to kill someone?  Nukes for all!

Seriously, what an utterly ridiculous point to try and make.

Brought to you by the same brilliant minds that gave us "hey, #### happens" when a whole bunch of kids died slow bloody agonizing deaths at the hands of a mass shooter.
I'm all for stronger gun control but "hey, #### happens" is bull####. 

Regardless of anyone's stance on either of these issues, this is the very dumbest thing anyone has ever said on this forum.

When is the last time a nuclear bomb has consciously made the decision to kill someone?  Nukes for all!

Seriously, what an utterly ridiculous point to try and make.
You have a problem with guns in the hands of responsible humans?

Does hitting the minutes button report a post? Because I think I accidentally just reported my second-ever post here. 

Have a great thread! :thumbup:  

You've chosen to ignore all content by Higgs. Options

You've chosen to ignore all content by MaxThreshold. Options

You've chosen to ignore all content by squistion. Options

You've chosen to ignore all content by Dr Oadi. Options

You've chosen to ignore all content by RBM. Options

You've chosen to ignore all content by HellToupee. Options

You've chosen to ignore all content by Phase of the Game. Options

So 4 pages of posts and not one of them dealing with the key issue here - catch and release.  An unaccompanied kid crosses the border illegally in August and is caught.  Instead of sending him back, they release him, and after 7 months his deportation hearing still hasn't been scheduled yet.  Combine that with sanctuary cities and you know what you have in effect?  Open borders.

How is this a good thing for the US?  How is this fair to people trying to get into the country legally?  How is this fair to the students in that town in Maryland?  I heard on the radio that there is a significant cost associated with having to hire teachers who can teach English as a second language, not to mention the other costs with welfare, food stamps, and crime that these kids are bringing with them.  Apparently there has also been a huge spike in gang activity in the town.  

Why do we have catch and release?  Does anybody have a cogent explanation for it?

Hey GB how are the nightmares 

Enjoy your safe space.  :)

So 4 pages of posts and not one of them dealing with the key issue here - catch and release.  An unaccompanied kid crosses the border illegally in August and is caught.  Instead of sending him back, they release him, and after 7 months his deportation hearing still hasn't been scheduled yet.  Combine that with sanctuary cities and you know what you have in effect?  Open borders.

How is this a good thing for the US?  How is this fair to people trying to get into the country legally?  How is this fair to the students in that town in Maryland?  I heard on the radio that there is a significant cost associated with having to hire teachers who can teach English as a second language, not to mention the other costs with welfare, food stamps, and crime that these kids are bringing with them.  Apparently there has also been a huge spike in gang activity in the town.  

Why do we have catch and release?  Does anybody have a cogent explanation for it?
I notice that you completely ignored the link I provided in the other thread from the CATO Institute about immigrants and crime.

We don't know this, but its only relevant if they were arrested for committing some kind of violent crime. And if they were, they should be in jail. Documents/deportation is not the issue here.
So now you want us all to pay for a criminal alien's lunches, healthcare, and jail space too?

This is the definition of the ultimate snowflake!! :lmao:   "I can't see anything that may hurt my feelings and cause me more nightmares"

You have a problem with guns in the hands of responsible humans?
I don't, but does that matter?  I would think even people that love guns (I have many myself) could agree that your "guns don't make conscious decisions" analogy is one of the most ridiculous things posted here.  And this comes on a day where a guy in the shark pool is arguing that a 4th round rookie pick for Allen Robinson was a fair offer because Allen Robinson finished 71st in fantasy points last year.

Users who are viewing this thread