What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I'm benching Ray Rice for.... (1 Viewer)

Sure, bench him if you can live with him going off for 30 while Forsett gets you 5, for example.

Even if he gets outscored by the guy you would have started it's unlikely to be by much. I don't expect a 30 point day, but even against the Steelers he's almost a dead-lock for at least 15 points in PPR. N

Last edited by a moderator:
Why on earth would you sit Rice for some of those scrubs? Seriously.
Well, right now both Bloom and Dodds have Forsett ranked higher than Rice this week. Also, Bloom likes Snelling over Rice. Things could change as the week goes on, but it's a legit dilemma right now. Although I guess just for me..
Anyone care to respond to this?
Bloom and Dodd's projections are just that; proections. I have never gone through with a fine tooth comb, but I am prett sure that they are DEAD WRONG on a lot of things every week. I know for sure there was one idiot in my league who did not start Driver yesterday. I am sure there are many more who did not start Austin. Both of those friends put up wr of the week stats, yet were ranked firmly as low end wr2s. We could pull up those awesome ratings right now and, looky looky, see that Rice is ranked a few spots below Brenda Jacobs, who came up with an excellent ff total of five points last night! Seeing that I have both on my team, I guess I was lucky that I went with my instincts and kept the EVERY WEEK 20 POINT STUD SCORER on my roster and left the wimpy, inconsistant, jacobs on my bench.True, Pitt has a nice D, but thier ranking is colored by the fact that in the early part of the season, they have had two shutdown games where opposing ff teams got 4 rb points each week. The rest of their weeks, they gave up decent points for rbs, and they are probably due to have a week where they get blasted by another teams running attack. So my projection is that Rice scores 20 + once again this weekend.

Oh...and it looks they gave people a real reaming on the Jason Witten call. Even I am smarting from that one! I think they were both projecting something like 2-3 catches with 20 - 30 yards. Oppsie Poopsie!!! Somebody spilled the milk!!!!

Here's hoping that Greg Olsen can get the 15 points that I lost if I would have set my lineup based on their TE27 projection for the week (I made my own stupid decision to bench him this week).

Never bench Ray Rice...

So, a big thanks to all who contributed to this thread. Ray Rice had a nice game, scoring 14 points in my league ON MY BENCH.

I went with my original inclination, along with solid advice from FBGs own Sig Bloom and started Forsett who scored 25 for me and helped me win this week. Thanks FBGS!

So, a big thanks to all who contributed to this thread. Ray Rice had a nice game, scoring 14 points in my league ON MY BENCH.

I went with my original inclination, along with solid advice from FBGs own Sig Bloom and started Forsett who scored 25 for me and helped me win this week. Thanks FBGS!
Good for you.Ray Rice picked up 15.5 points in non-ppr scoring today - against the defense that is ranked #1 in fewest PPG allowed to RBs.

How many RBs were averaging more than 15.5 after Week 11? Six

CJ3

ADP

MJD

DeAngelo

Turner

Gore

Forsett in a creampuff matchup v. Rice @ home against a tough divisional rival

Rice got his, even without a TD, just as he has almost every single week this year (one 8 or 9 point game IIRC).

Forsett had a career day rushing with 2 TDs - 5 points more than he ever had, albeit at the end of a terrific three week (and counting) run.

Basically, you got your money in behind in the hand, but flopped a set.

Nice suckout.

:lmao:

Seriously, though, the larger point is you made a call and stuck with it. You got virtually no support in this thread, but you believed in the FBGs projections and your own gut instinct. Kudos for that much.

Whether you were right or wrong is irrelevant. Having sound reasoning for making your decision - and most importantly, being decisive despite what most thought you should do - that's the take away.

Good luck the rest of the season.

Good for you.Ray Rice picked up 15.5 points in non-ppr scoring today - against the defense that is ranked #1 in fewest PPG allowed to RBs.

How many RBs were averaging more than 15.5 after Week 11? Six

CJ3

ADP

MJD

DeAngelo

Turner

Gore

Forsett in a creampuff matchup v. Rice @ home against a tough divisional rival

Rice got his, even without a TD, just as he has almost every single week this year (one 8 or 9 point game IIRC).

Forsett had a career day rushing with 2 TDs - 5 points more than he ever had, albeit at the end of a terrific three week (and counting) run.

Basically, you got your money in behind in the hand, but flopped a set.

Nice suckout.

:thumbup:

Seriously, though, the larger point is you made a call and stuck with it. You got virtually no support in this thread, but you believed in the FBGs projections and your own gut instinct. Kudos for that much.

Whether you were right or wrong is irrelevant. Having sound reasoning for making your decision - and most importantly, being decisive despite what most thought you should do - that's the take away.

Good luck the rest of the season.
Appreciate it. And just to clarify, keeping Forsett in over Rice was in no way a knock on Rice. I love the kid and feel fortunate to have him and Chris Johnson in my dynasty league, he is a special talent. I just could not ignore the matchup against the Rams for Forsett and was surprised when nobody else in this thread agreed.Good luck to you as well...

Bump?

I can not see myself benching Rice, but PIT at home and fighting for the playoffs? Just wondering if there are better options out there.

List of guys that maybe worth a start over Rice if having to pick one or the other.

C. Benson vs KC

J. Charles @ CIN

F. Gore vs DET

S. Jax @ ARZ

C. Wells vs STL

ADP @ CHI

You could make a strong case for ANY of those guys over Rice...
Anyone else I'm missing?I think PPR and NonPPR makes a difference as well here. As Godsbrother points out in the game thread the screen pass will be used against PIT, which would no doubt work in Rice's favor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Same dilemma but I only have B. Jacobs to start over Rice. I think I'm keeping Rice in. This week it was a blowout and he was benched. I think he gets more touches next week and stays in the whole game.

Users who are viewing this thread