What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I'm benching Victor Cruz for ______________ (1 Viewer)

It's amazing how rapidly this guy has fallen off the cliff. People don't even bother bitching about him anymore.

He was a budding superstar not that long ago. Crazy.

"that dog won't hunt"

dropped him last week, things are bad with the Giants..last week's game is the end of the Coughlin Era, I really think it was the last nail in the coffin..he knows he's a dead man walking now..how soon till he loses the team completely, and people stop 'trying'? Fewell's defense can't get off the field on 3rd down.guys dropping passes all over the place.Eli's wet-noodle arm.

"it's over, Johnny"

I went from strongly considering sending him to waivers to flexing him this week and probably the next few... -_-

Last edited by a moderator:
Hasn't had a TD since 9/29/13. Hasn't had a home building TD since 12/2012.

He starting for me this week.
Does that mean you are predicting a TD or sarcasm? Can't tell.
I benched him for Greg Jennings last week. He stinks AND I have to start him.

Hasn't had a TD since 9/29/13. Hasn't had a home building TD since 12/2012.

He starting for me this week.
Seriously? Not good
Seriously.

10 targets...he's still worthy of flex consideration.

He has 5 drops this season that would have added 60+ yards to his season totals. He's never had great hands, but he's certainly better than that.

The sky is falling, but only a little. Still holding out hope that he can make a serviceable flex.

Anyone have any examples of trade offers for Cruz? I ended up getting Quick and am just going to start him and divorce myself from this headache (I already have Donnell, don't need two turds in the NYG punch bowl.)

I'm hoping to flip him for Cam Newton (backup to Luck) but not sure if I'll need to sweeten the pot.

At home vs. the Texans this week....I think Victor has himself a day. He showed some signs of life last week. I think he gets close to 100 yards and a td this week.

At home vs. the Texans this week....I think Victor has himself a day. He showed some signs of life last week. I think he gets close to 100 yards and a td this week.
Sure, it will be near the anniversary of his last TD, so I don't doubt it could happen. :mellow:

Starting Vincent Jackson & Steve Smith ahead of Cruz.

Last edited by a moderator:
He honestly still wasn't a big part of the game plan from what I saw, he just actually made a couple big plays today. They were still designing multiple plays for the mighty Larry Donnell and his 5.4 second 40 speed, and Randle was being force fed early (doing nothing with it, not surprisingly.)

Maybe this game makes them realize Cru is still their best offensive weapon. He may be a bit overrated in real life as to how good he actually is (a lot of people think or at least used to think of him as an elite top 5 WR) but given the other crap they have on this offense they should be trying to get Cruz the ball more than anyone else.

what you guys think of him vs washington?
If you drafted him as your wr2 you have to start him. Wk1 was bad, wk2 was ok, wk3 was solid. Unless you were able to get maclin in the mid rounds or Steve smith sr late/waivers you are stuck playing him

I hate the Giants on a short week on the road after a win...but I still think you have to start him at least as a flex.

Decent play this week. Skins secondary is minus Hall. Not that the Skins secondary was great to begin with

I know it's bad and I'm a horrible person that now that I've traded him I hope he struggles and fails and you all suffer but it's how I feel. Sorry. I'm terrible.

Good luck?

With Quick on bye I'm rolling out Cruz over Wheaton, Terrence Williams, and Hurns.

Someone just dropped Mike Evans last night so I put a waiver claim in for him, but the waiver won't run until Saturday...

Really liked what I saw last night. He had the one bad drop to start the game, but that's Victor Cruz. A few explosive plays, 6-108 on 10 targets. Eli missed him on one deep one where he broke free. He caught one in the endzone, but couldn't quite get two feet down (drag the back foot Vic!).

For the few misses and mistakes to still end up over 100 was pretty impressive. Eli obviously looked more comfortable and Donnell should get more attention moving forward. Reuben is turning into a solid possession guy on the other side, and the two RBs looks solid.

Top WR2 at 12-20 from here on out?

I'm starting with a little confidence moving forward.

Really liked what I saw last night. He had the one bad drop to start the game, but that's Victor Cruz. A few explosive plays, 6-108 on 10 targets. Eli missed him on one deep one where he broke free. He caught one in the endzone, but couldn't quite get two feet down (drag the back foot Vic!).

For the few misses and mistakes to still end up over 100 was pretty impressive. Eli obviously looked more comfortable and Donnell should get more attention moving forward. Reuben is turning into a solid possession guy on the other side, and the two RBs looks solid.

Top WR2 at 12-20 from here on out?

I'm starting with a little confidence moving forward.
In PPR I think so. Eli has looked much better in the past 2 weeks and IMO once they get OBJ active and in games he'll open up some room for Cruz to operate underneath. Preston Parker scares no one.

Randle looks terrible to me. He had a sure first down and cut back, losing the first down and leaving them in third and 2. He gets alligator arms across the middle, and never seems to catch the ball in stride, yet they seem to force feed him at times. Maddening.

Cruz came very close to scoring twice, once just missing getting the second foot down and the other time getting tackled at the one after making a nice move inside the 10.

It's too bad he can't play Washington every week.

Cruz did look more inspired in his play but to be fair, Eli had enough time to do his taxes back there with that lack of a Skins pass rush. The NYG offense is improving but I'm still really skeptical because a hurried Eli is an entirely different player and so is that offense.

Cruz made it back into my lineup due to the byes but I'd be concerned with a D that can get to the QB.

Users who are viewing this thread