What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I'm starting A. Ellington over____________ this week! (1 Viewer)

Wrestling with this right now. Right now my gut is telling me to sit him for DeAngelo Williams as my RB2 this week. And sit him for Rueben Randle, Keenan Allen and Terrance Williams as the potential for a flex spot who all have simply beautiful matchups this week. But I really love Ellington, FWIW I'm starting him in all my dynasty leagues (not much of a choice there though).

Last edited by a moderator:
Wrestling with this right now. Right now my gut is telling me to sit him for DeAngelo Williams as my RB2 this week. And sit him for Rueben Randle, Keenan Allen and Terrance Williams as the potential for a flex spot who all have simply beautiful matchups this week. But I really love Ellington, FWIW I'm starting him in all my dynasty leagues (not much of a choice there though).
Khy what are your lineup requirements and your roster look like?

Lineups start 2 WR, 2 RB, then a WR/TE Flex and a WR/RB flex. So I'm starting Antonio Brown and Keenan Allen at WR1 and 2. Then Jamaal Charles and DeAngelo Williams at RB 1 and 2. Then wrestling between Randle and Williams for W/T flex and then the other and Ellington/Ridley for my WR/RB flex. It's a non-ppr league. My big thing really is the matchups that Ellington and Ridley have this week. In PPR I'd probably start Ellington over Williams. But non-PPR I'm struggling bad with this one as all 3 of those WRs have been solid the last 3 weeks. I don't like the idea of sitting either of them.

Maybe it's wrong that my "gut" is telling me to sit ellington though. I actually have this weird feeling Ellington goes off tonight. Bear in mind when I say that I mean off in the sense of say... 15 touches for 120 total yards and a TD. But more my head is telling me to sit Ellington because it's a bad matchup where the other guys all have golden matchups.

I have to start him... I could pick up Bjacobs from waiver wire but that doesn't seem like a shark move... My only hope is that arians gives him maybe 15 touches this next game with about 5-6 catches and maybe a lucky td... I would take what he did last week 19 and be happy... I really like Ellington but I think the coaches like Mendy :shrug:

I have to start him... I could pick up Bjacobs from waiver wire but that doesn't seem like a shark move... My only hope is that arians gives him maybe 15 touches this next game with about 5-6 catches and maybe a lucky td... I would take what he did last week 19 and be happy... I really like Ellington but I think the coaches like Mendy :shrug:
I have no idea what the coaches see in Mendy. The guy is avg. something like .5 fantasy points per touch. That in itself is criminal.

Lineups start 2 WR, 2 RB, then a WR/TE Flex and a WR/RB flex. So I'm starting Antonio Brown and Keenan Allen at WR1 and 2. Then Jamaal Charles and DeAngelo Williams at RB 1 and 2. Then wrestling between Randle and Williams for W/T flex and then the other and Ellington/Ridley for my WR/RB flex. It's a non-ppr league. My big thing really is the matchups that Ellington and Ridley have this week. In PPR I'd probably start Ellington over Williams. But non-PPR I'm struggling bad with this one as all 3 of those WRs have been solid the last 3 weeks. I don't like the idea of sitting either of them.

Maybe it's wrong that my "gut" is telling me to sit ellington though. I actually have this weird feeling Ellington goes off tonight. Bear in mind when I say that I mean off in the sense of say... 15 touches for 120 total yards and a TD. But more my head is telling me to sit Ellington because it's a bad matchup where the other guys all have golden matchups.
I see your point in debating because of the matchup but the Seachickens can be run on and its in ARI.

I see your point in debating because of the matchup but the Seachickens can be run on and its in ARI.
Yeah, honestly... if this was last week I'd be starting Ellington cause last week I was facing a much better team and played a lot of "high upside" guys and it paid off huge for me. Specifically I started Ellington and Keenan Allen and it probably won me the game. This week though, I'm looking more for high floor type plays against the 2nd lowest scoring team in the league. So yeah, I'll kick myself if Ellington does put up the 120 1 TD line I projected in my gut. I'll live with it if I win for the week. I'd rather have Ellington on my bench this week and put up 20 points than in my starting lineup and put up 4 points.

FantasyTrader said:
Decision between Powell and Ellington. Went Ellington last week but slight lean toward Bilal vs Pats I think.
I am wrestling with the same decision. Murray hurt and Sproles on bye so have to choose between my #4 and #5 RB's. Was thinking Powell at first but now starting to lean Ellington. I honestly hate starting players on Thursday night that arent no brainer studs. Nothing worse than gambling and having to look at a 2 or 3 for a score until Sunday but Ellington is exciting and Powell is meh so probably going to gamble on Ellington.

Users who are viewing this thread