What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I'm starting DeAngelo over ________ this week (1 Viewer)

howo5

Footballguy
It's too hard for me to sit someone that's been on fire. I think I'm going to roll with DWill at home on Monday night over Peyton Hillis.

Who are you starting him over?

howo5 said:
It's too hard for me to sit someone that's been on fire. I think I'm going to roll with DWill at home on Monday night over Peyton Hillis. Who are you starting him over?
:blackdot: DeAngelo got the 1 yard dives b/c JStewart was cramping up. I wouldn't expect it to continue, esp against TB.I'd roll with the upside of Hillis instead.

howo5 said:
It's too hard for me to sit someone that's been on fire. I think I'm going to roll with DWill at home on Monday night over Peyton Hillis. Who are you starting him over?
:hey: DeAngelo got the 1 yard dives b/c JStewart was cramping up. I wouldn't expect it to continue, esp against TB.I'd roll with the upside of Hillis instead.
Agreed, except that DWill has been getting goalline carries for weeks now (not just on Sun with JStewart cramping up).I am likely starting him over Portis this week.

howo5 said:
:pickle: DeAngelo got the 1 yard dives b/c JStewart was cramping up. I wouldn't expect it to continue, esp against TB.I'd roll with the upside of Hillis instead.
the 1 yard dives aside, I'd say the answer to the OP's question is ...anyone not named Turner...Deangelo is hot as hell right now, and is a candidate to break off a long one from anywhere on the field. Even against the bucs I'd be hard pressed to sit him for damn near anyone else in the league, matchups aside. Thankfully I have a bye week in the league I own him in, but best believe he's in next week over CJ, and Reggie...

howo5 said:
It's too hard for me to sit someone that's been on fire. I think I'm going to roll with DWill at home on Monday night over Peyton Hillis.

Who are you starting him over?
:pickle: DeAngelo got the 1 yard dives b/c JStewart was cramping up. I wouldn't expect it to continue, esp against TB.

I'd roll with the upside of Hillis instead.
stewart owners just won't give up, guess they will go down with the ship..... :lmao:

I know the matchup is not great but how do you sit a guy who has 592 total yards and 9 TDs in his last 5 games.

I know the matchup is not great but how do you sit a guy who has 592 total yards and 9 TDs in his last 5 games.
The answer is you do not...It's like the dummies talking about trading turner because of his schedule. Mildly ######ed at best...

I will play the matchup. The Bucs will key on the run guarenteed. I personally would take Hillis over DWill. I havent made that decision yet but im leaning that way. The Bucs have given up about 800 yds total to RBs over the year and only given up 1 TD. The Chiefs on the other hand are the worst in the league giving up about 2000 yds to RBs and 18 or so TDs.

I know DWill is hot as all get out but come on the Bucs are really tough. But I cant fault either decision.

If I sit Williams, he is guaranteed to break off an 60+ yard TD on their first offensive series. Never fails.

Not sure this really matters, but DWill laid it on the Bucs in 2007 with 20 carries for 121 yards and two TDs. I believe you need to face the fact they are division rivals and usually things change a bit...for reference...

DeAngelo Williams against the Bucs:

Game 1 - Sep 30 - 2 rushes for 5 yards and 3 receptions for 37 yards and a TD

Game 2 - Dec 30 - 20 rushes for 121 yards

Game 1 - Oct 12 - 11 rushes for 27 yards and 2 receptions for 8 yards

Game 2 - Dec 8 - ????

TB has given up one rushing touchdown ALL year....

Who has the intestinal fortitude to put Hillis over DeAngelo? I wish I did, I pray it doesn't bite me in the butt.

I have been considering putting in Ward over DWill...but I just do not think I could seperate Gore/DWill combo.

The answer is you do not...It's like the dummies talking about trading turner because of his schedule. Mildly ######ed at best...
:goodposting: you dance in the playoffs w/ who brung ya.
Exactly. DWill got me to the playoffs by the skin of my teeth. Was 3 games out with 3 to go behind 153 pts. I'll be darned if i sit him.

First round of playoffs and I hate these decisions. I've got Jacobs, Bush, and De Williams in a PPR league. Right now Jacobs is the odd man out. Tomorrow, who knows?

First round of playoffs and I hate these decisions. I've got Jacobs, Bush, and De Williams in a PPR league. Right now Jacobs is the odd man out. Tomorrow, who knows?
That's a tough one this week considering that Bush is still getting his health back. I would have a hard time sitting Jacobs and his 120 yds & 2 TDs from the first Philly game. I'd be sitting Bush in your situation unless each reception is the equivalent to 10 yds rushing (then I see your point in this being a real tough choice).

Let me see..... the #7 RB in the NFL in yards this year...who is tied for #3 OA in rushing touchdowns...who also has 112 receiving yards and 2 receiving TDs tossed in for good measure.

And folks want to bench him....for....ANYONE?! :confused:

Have him in (with Turner) over Reggie and MBIII. But the Tampa D does scare me, and I'm wavering on maybe taking a shot with Reggie.

I'm starting Deangelo Williams over... no one, since I haven't even thought about sitting him at all the past five weeks.

I think I'm gonna be a scaredy cat and roll with Grant vs Houston instead. On top of the Bucs defense, the fact that Williams scored 4 TDs last week and has been on a roll for more than a month makes me think the clunker is due.

I'm too scared to start DeAngelo over Westy in one league too. Something tells me both might fail anyways...

I have S-Jax, Deangelo, Lynch, Thomas, and Hightower. Can start 3. Im leaning S-Jax, Lynch, Thomas as of right now.

Got, Portis/Slaton/DWill/MJD

Boldin/Wayne/Ward/Walter

start 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR ... 6 total.

As of now: Slaton, DWill, MJD

Boldin, Wayne, Ward

Decision is really, Walter or DWill this week.

ETA: 1 PPR WR, 0.5 PPR RB

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure this really matters, but DWill laid it on the Bucs in 2007 with 20 carries for 121 yards and two TDs. I believe you need to face the fact they are division rivals and usually things change a bit...for reference...

DeAngelo Williams against the Bucs:

Game 1 - Sep 30 - 2 rushes for 5 yards and 3 receptions for 37 yards and a TD

Game 2 - Dec 30 - 20 rushes for 121 yards

Game 1 - Oct 12 - 11 rushes for 27 yards and 2 receptions for 8 yards

Game 2 - Dec 8 - ????
This was in week 17 and the Buccaneer starters didn't play in the game.The Buc D is really playing with a purpose, but I could see DeAngelo getting 70-80 yards and a TD if the game stays close. If Delhomme looks like he did in the first game and the Bucs don't have to worry about the pass DeAngelo won't get much.

CJ3 and D-Will got me to the playoffs, but as of now I am sitting them both for SJax and LJ...as I type this I think I realize how risky that really is.

this week, if the Bucs are without Haye, Carter, and Adams on the DL, it may not be that bad of a match-up for Deangelo at home...

Users who are viewing this thread