What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I'm Starting K. Cousins Over... (1 Viewer)

kyoun1e

Footballguy
...figure this thread has to be initiated. Cousins is one of the most intriguing pickups of the week and anyone with a middling starting QB option in the championship game is being tempted here by Cousins.

I'm tempted to bench Romo for Cousins.

In my scoring system, Dodds and Tremblay have Cousins ranked 12th and 13th respectively...behind the likes of Rodgers (8), Romo (9).

League 1: Cousin over Brady / Rodgers

League 2: Cousin over Stafford
I have Brady in over Cousins, but seriously debating making a switch. I just have a tough time starting Cousins in the Super Bowl...over a proven commodity like Brady (or Romo/Stafford/Rodgers/etc)

I'm leaning Cousins over Fitzpatrick and Russel Wilson. I've had Wilson all this year but them resting him last week has freaked me out!

Cousins over Cutler? I think they are close enough to go with the team that something to play for.
Well yes and no. Depending on how the Packers/Steelers game goes, the Bears may not have anything to play for either. If GB wins, the Bears/Eagles game doesn't mean anything for the Bears.

I am starting him over Romo for Week 16
i think i am too
I am too

I started McCown vs Dal, Almost started Flynn but went with Romo. I will happily start Cousins.

I'm in Dallas and its a mess here right now. Plus there were more defensive injuries last week. Garrett is blaming Romo/D and Jerry is saying Romo is ok to take chances, it just went dumpster fire here. I'm guessing they lose in Wash in an embarrising fashion.

Cousins has Dal at home this week, correct? Who exactly wouldn't you start him over is a better question. He's a top 3 play this week IMO.

It looks like I will be facing him. Yahoo has him projected a few points higher than what they say my qb Foles will get. I have a hard time believing that. Dallas has a lot more to play for than other teams he's faced.

I am tooI started McCown vs Dal, Almost started Flynn but went with Romo. I will happily start Cousins.

I'm in Dallas and its a mess here right now. Plus there were more defensive injuries last week. Garrett is blaming Romo/D and Jerry is saying Romo is ok to take chances, it just went dumpster fire here. I'm guessing they lose in Wash in an embarrising fashion.
Cousins has Dal at home this week, correct? Who exactly wouldn't you start him over is a better question. He's a top 3 play this week IMO.
Hadn't even thought about it--was debating between Kaep now with full arsenal and Alex Smith. :mellow:

Considering it now!

Man, picked him up, but not sure I can bring myself to start him over Stafford.

Worth noting, significant rain in the forecast in the DC metro this Sunday.

It looks like I will be facing him. Yahoo has him projected a few points higher than what they say my qb Foles will get. I have a hard time believing that. Dallas has a lot more to play for than other teams he's faced.
Yea but Cousins is playing for a starting job, ideally for him and the Redskins, on another team after he's traded.

Not sure where you got that. I just looked at Accuweather and it's supposed to be 74 degrees and cloudy with a 30% chance of a shower.

What's the case for starting him over Fitz?

Fitz already had a 20-pt game against JAX

Coming off a mega performance

Has a stellar track record this season

Good weather in JAX

Justin Hunter will be back this week

THats what im debating. Fitz or Cousins

All rankings so far have them side by side

Only advantage is that it's a home game :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
What's the case for starting him over Fitz?

Fitz already had a 20-pt game against JAX

Coming off a mega performance

Has a stellar track record this season

Good weather in JAX

Justin Hunter will be back this week
personal preference. my theory is that cousins is more motivated playing for a starting gig/trade bait, and against a rival you can easily look good against in the team's home finale. i think cousins has the weapons to either repeat or beat last week's numbers. not saying fitz can't, but i think there's more scoring in the dal/was game.

Over Brady and Big Ben. And against the RG3 owner, who wouldn't even give me a 2014 4th round pick a few months ago for Cousins.

Romo in one league, probably over Foles in another(totally expecting Chip to just McCoy the Bears run D to death). I'm a dog in both those championships.

Contemplating over Russell Wilson in a third, but I'm favored there. Still feel like I want to swing for the fence though. :)

Not sure where you got that. I just looked at Accuweather and it's supposed to be 74 degrees and cloudy with a 30% chance of a shower.
Local news station...I live in the area. Never know until it gets here, but rain and 20+ MPH winds in the forecast. Worth keeping an eye on as the week progresses. Could be soggy from DC to NY

5-ish Finkle said:
Romo in one league, probably over Foles in another(totally expecting Chip to just McCoy the Bears run D to death). I'm a dog in both those championships.

Contemplating over Russell Wilson in a third, but I'm favored there. Still feel like I want to swing for the fence though. :)
Contemplating Cousins over Wilson as well. Ari got lit up last week, but I just wonder if they'd sit or ease up on Wilson given a lead. Cousins throwing for his life out there against the absolute worst secondary in the league, like really bad. Hard choices.

Cousins could get 24+, while it would take a lot for Wilson to get to 20 points.

Currently sitting for Cutler in 2 leagues. One of those leagues I'm playing one of them over Romo, the other over Wilson

Right now I have him on my bench actually.... in a start 2 QB league. Luck/Tannehill have been starting for me, and Rodgers has been injured on my bench. I scooped up Kirk to block the other playoff teams from him since QBs are such a commodity (bidding league) and I have 4 very good QBs. But I'm not sure. Any combination of them could make sense to me...

I would risk staring Cousins over Cam in what may prove to be a defensive battle in Carolina.

But to start Cousin over Romo, I can not agree.

Romo has something to prove.

The Boys are playing for something.

Romo's Defense will make this a shoot out.

Starting Romo over Cousins.

Users who are viewing this thread