What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I'm starting Rudi Johnson over... (1 Viewer)

He is my flex player behind Addai and LJ. He's getting the nod over LenWhale, Kevin Walter, Ike Bruce and Matt Jones.

If he is involved in the passing game like he was two weeks ago he could be my WW pickup of the year.

| Colletto looking for 50-50 split for Johnson and Smith

Thu, 2 Oct 2008 11:35:10 -0700

Nicholas J. Cotsonika, of The Detroit Free Press, reports Detroit Lions offensive coordinator Jim Colletto said RB Rudi Johnson will start in the team's Week 5 game, but ideally Johnson would split carries evenly with RB Kevin Smith during the game. Colletto decides who starts the game, while running backs coach Sam Gash handles the in-game substitutions.

I staying away from Rudi looks like full blown RBBC to me

| Colletto looking for 50-50 split for Johnson and SmithThu, 2 Oct 2008 11:35:10 -0700Nicholas J. Cotsonika, of The Detroit Free Press, reports Detroit Lions offensive coordinator Jim Colletto said RB Rudi Johnson will start in the team's Week 5 game, but ideally Johnson would split carries evenly with RB Kevin Smith during the game. Colletto decides who starts the game, while running backs coach Sam Gash handles the in-game substitutions. I staying away from Rudi looks like full blown RBBC to me
good post, and Detroit plays a tough run schedule in upcoming weeks.. :rolleyes:

regretting not grabbing Deuce instead now. This could simply be a way of placating the rook. Rudi averaged 5.7 ypc last game, his first with significant carries. Smith is rocking 3.5

BTW, Harris is out for the game, so it will be a rotation of first-time starters at DT in Dvoracek, Harrison, and Idonije. Doesn't mean it's going to be easy for them to run, but likely easier

with westy hurt(praying he plays)im starting graham and rudi over c.perry...but will roll with a less than 100% westy over rudi if indeed he suites up

I might think twice if you had better options

Per: Fanball

10.02 Lions: Smith to split carries with Johnson

The News

Kevin Smith has been demoted to the No. 2 role at running back behind new starter Rudi Johnson, but offensive coordinator Jim Colletto indicated that both backs are expected to see about equal playing time this weekend against Chicago, according to Mlive.com.

Our View

The plan is likely to remain for the Lions to go with the hotter back. Smith should be picked up if fantasy owners released him to the waiver wire following the news of his demotion.

Anyone else find it interesting that the DET coaching staff are playing the PR game for their rookie RB? A week ago, they say Rudi is the guy...Kevin crys and kicks the dirt a bit and now they seem to reel it back a bit and throw out that both guys will get chances, we'll stay with HOT hand and oh...it's about 50-50 split now. DET Front Office is so disfunctional it's not even funny. Are we sure that Millen is still not roaming the hallways up there?

| Colletto looking for 50-50 split for Johnson and SmithThu, 2 Oct 2008 11:35:10 -0700Nicholas J. Cotsonika, of The Detroit Free Press, reports Detroit Lions offensive coordinator Jim Colletto said RB Rudi Johnson will start in the team's Week 5 game, but ideally Johnson would split carries evenly with RB Kevin Smith during the game. Colletto decides who starts the game, while running backs coach Sam Gash handles the in-game substitutions. I staying away from Rudi looks like full blown RBBC to me
I read this as more of a Bellicheck styled mis-information type thing. Rudi has been given one game in which to produce numbers. In 14 carries and 3 receptions he put up 131 yards and a TD. Smith's first game againt ATL was the closest hes come to producing numbers like that (16 carries-48 yds 1 TD, 4 rec-32 yds) Smith is sporting a 3.52 ypc while Rudi is at 5.5 ypc. Everything I read about Rudog coming into this season was that he looked better than he has in a very long time, stronger, heavier (but more muscle), faster, etc. The only knock on him in Cincy was that his hammy was f--d up. So they release him and he gets a month and a half to rest it. Then he comes out and drops a big turd on SF and Kevin Smith. Smith whines that hes demoted and the team (which is already in dissarray) scrambles to make their future star not feel upset. This is all conjecture of course, but until last year Rudi was the model of consistently good production. Is it possible that he can be that again in Detroit? I'm willing to gamble on it with him as my flex player for a week or two.

Starting him over Chris Perry, Maroney and Ricky Williams this week (Perry is the only one I debated, but he's dinged up so that makes the decision a bit easier).

That said, I won't be surprised if he gets 8 carries for 26 yards or something....

Users who are viewing this thread