What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

In honor of pride month, let’s get real (1 Viewer)

Why do the heterosexuals need a holiday to celebrate always being accepted?

the point of pride is celebrating being treated more equally and being able to be themselves without being shunned.

Seems there is still more work to be done there.
Exactly. I think Pride month is to feel accepted and accept who you are. I will admit I am uncomfortable around gay people but living in a rural area I don’t have to deal with it much. But yea, heterosexuals aren’t dealing with feeling comfortable with who they are or being accepted like gay people so having a holiday for those of us who are is crazy. 

Another thing I like about Liz Cheney she is willing to admit she was wrong about gay marriage.

https://youtu.be/GvIA1GwW9Hg

I'd like you to spend your 2,000 mile drive contemplating what it would have been like to make this same drive as a black person in 1962.  Limited on where you could get gas, food, water or lodging on your journey.  That sort of exercise might help you inch closer to compassion for others, especially those who deal with actual racism and not the one fabricated by your pretzel bending version of reality. 

that was 60 years ago

6 decades

I just now am getting back to the virtual world and didn't see your post until just now. I'd not have thought about any skin color any more or less to be honest or contemplated anything deeper because you asked.

OK/TX/NM not much different than last I drove it. AZ I've not been to in a long time. CA ..... well the first 100 miles is nothing but desert on I-40 but get to the valley area and good gawd, its amazing at the agriculture. Knowing it, remember it, googling it ... that's one thing, seeing it is a little different. 

But the diversity of Fresno, Stockton, Sacramento ... I saw a lot of Asian/Latino/Middle Eastern people as much or more than white and black and many of them looked like they were doing very well. Many of the homeless we saw were white people. On the trails in Sequoia's, white people were a minority and many of the white people were European, speaking German or other languages. 

I'm not sad to see the 1950's and 60's Democrat led civil rights abuses end. I'm glad they did, I really don't like discrimination at all. But you don't have to be a certain skin color or sex to be discriminated against and that's a fact that many left/liberal people do not understand and will not acknowledge 

dis·crim·i·na·tion

noun

the unjust or prejudicial treatment of different categories of people or things, especially on the grounds of race, age, or sex.

His posts (multiple) lasted a HELL of a lot longer than mine (one).  I'm beyond confused.  
Hmmm.

I honestly didn't think he should've gotten a timeout. I suggested his children were imaginary and made a joke about them getting caught watching something they shouldn't have been and telling him it was "The Floor is Lava" as a cover to fool their dad.

Given that he apparently does have real kids and was quite upset with my joke, he blew his top a little bit. I'm not offended, most of us have been there at some point. Maybe he's a bit sensitive, but that's okay. He'd calmed down some before he stopped posting, so not sure he needed the timeout.

I'm pretty sure I would ABSOLUTELY HATE trying to moderate this message board, so I refuse to judge others who try to do so. It must suck. And then, pretty much no matter what choices they make, someone will have an issue with it.

So, instead, I'll just say, thanks for giving us a place to spout off. There is no other space in my life where I can directly engage the hardcore Trumplicans and I find it fascinating and informative. I know some softcore ones personally, but nothing like the fringe group of posters that exist here.

Users who are viewing this thread