What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Indianapolis at Buffalo (2 Viewers)

I was pretty busy this morning, but I checked weather.com for Buffalo, it said snow showers today :lol:
As stupid as it sounds, the announcers are right when they said earlier that "these would be blizzard conditions anywhere else but it's a normal lake effect snow here".  They're not wrong.  

My son gets lake effect off Superior (Michigan Tech - Keweenaw Peninsula) and I grew up in a Lake Michigan beach town. I don't think either compare to Buffalo lake effect.
Nope. I'm in Grand Rapids MI, which gets a good bit of lake-effect, for the area, and it doesn't compare to what can dump on the WNY area. FWIW, Buffalo isn't even the worst area. Some nearby areas are worse.

The Bills played a game at Cleveland in 2007, Bills were in the playoff hunt.  It was a massive snowstorm and the Bills lost 8-0 and were knocked out of contention.  I think the Browns kicked 2 short FGs and got a safety at one point.  My friend and I had tickets but balked at the 2.5 hour drive with the snow projections, and it's a good thing we did because they shut down I-90 and closed it right when we would've been on the road and stranded halfway between Buffalo and Cleveland.  That's the worst full-game weather I can remember, this reminds me of it.

Back in 2002, the Bills played the Dolphins at home in December.  The first half wasn't too bad, but it was the most incredible snowstorm ever during the second half, out of nowhere.  The Bills opened up a big lead, and you could see the snow coming closer and closer and finally bam.  Watch at 3:00 of this video.  I remember not being able to see the field from the upper deck.  Ricky Williams ran for 200+ but the Bills won.

Nope. I'm in Grand Rapids MI, which gets a good bit of lake-effect, for the area, and it doesn't compare to what can dump on the WNY area. FWIW, Buffalo isn't even the worst area. Some nearby areas are worse.
In terms of actual cities, Syracuse gets slightly more LES off of Lake Ontario than Buffalo gets off of Lake Erie.  Those two cities, in general, on average end up with the most snow in the lower 48 on an annual basis.  The areas south of Buffalo and further south than Orchard Park tend to get hammered, as does the Tug Hill Plateau north of Syracuse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Smart move. I'm sure Buffalo can handle their business when it comes to snow but that many cars in a lot with 3 feet of snow seems like a nightmare.
Exactly one of the reasons we left...getting out the stadium will be a nightmare.  It was when I left in the 1st quarter.  Buddy was called into work due to this so had no choice but glad we did.  Snow was just pounding us. Couldn't see much anyway.  

Tasker with the shoutout on the broadcast!

Also :lmao:  at Rogers landing in the snow there.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread