What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Indigenous Peoples, Native Americans Thread (1 Viewer)

I mean he might be right that there isn't much native culture in American culture, and there is a terribly sad reason for that, but the main problem with his statment is the complete dismissal of native peoples with the "there was nothing here".
 He is talking about infrastructure IMO.

And even if he isnt the line of people willing to give their property to the nearest tribe is shorter than the line for the mohican possum bake. 

In other words, we all dismissed them. 

IMO, NA's were here for hundreds of years and lived in tribes. Were they here, yes, but when you talk of "Nation Building" they generally did not do anything outside of their own tribe. 

When the European's settled here, they eventually created states and untimely formed a nation with laws and governance. Everything good and bad that happened after that was done under the nation of the Unites States of America. 

Was there already a pattern to follow, yes kinda, overall Europe was much more advanced than any NA tribe when it came to modern living. Thats not to disparage NA's, its just to say they were not interested or focused on progress as we know it. They were content live in teepees and live off the land, and did not care (or had no knowledge of how to)  to build structures, cities and town to live in. 

Most of what this country is—democracy, industrial revolution, structured living, etc—all happened after Europeans settled here. And When he talks of "Culture" most of was because of influences we took from Europe. If you look at the buildings and traditions of the past, they were all modeled after European architecture and Catholic traditions. 

IMO, NA's were here for hundreds of years and lived in tribes. Were they here, yes, but when you talk of "Nation Building" they generally did not do anything outside of their own tribe. 

When the European's settled here, they eventually created states and untimely formed a nation with laws and governance. Everything good and bad that happened after that was done under the nation of the Unites States of America. 

Was there already a pattern to follow, yes kinda, overall Europe was much more advanced than any NA tribe when it came to modern living. Thats not to disparage NA's, its just to say they were not interested or focused on progress as we know it. They were content live in teepees and live off the land, and did not care (or had no knowledge of how to)  to build structures, cities and town to live in. 

Most of what this country is—democracy, industrial revolution, structured living, etc—all happened after Europeans settled here. And When he talks of "Culture" most of was because of influences we took from Europe. If you look at the buildings and traditions of the past, they were all modeled after European architecture and Catholic traditions. 
I'm guessing you aren't aware of the Ancient Sky City/Acoma Pueblo in New Mexico.   Believed to be the oldest continuously inhabited city in the United States built sometime between 1100 and 1250 A.D.   

link

Last edited by a moderator:
Did Elizabeth Warren participate?

Not at the White House, but she did tweet this:

Elizabeth Warren @ewarren 49m

#IndigenousPeoplesDay is a chance to honor the rich cultures, valuable contributions, and remarkable resilience of Native communities. And it’s a reminder that our government must fulfill its obligations to Tribal Nations and respect Tribal sovereignty and self-determination.

https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1447557824192696321

squistion said:
Not at the White House, but she did tweet this:

Elizabeth Warren @ewarren 49m

#IndigenousPeoplesDay is a chance to honor the rich cultures, valuable contributions, and remarkable resilience of Native communities. And it’s a reminder that our government must fulfill its obligations to Tribal Nations and respect Tribal sovereignty and self-determination.

https://twitter.com/ewarren/status/1447557824192696321

How self-serving of her.

You really want to revisit this?

Warren can't win in this forum. She was criticized here because the poster assumed she had conspicuously said nothing today. I posted a tweet and then that is called self-serving. She is damned if you do and damned if you don't with anything regarding the issue of Native Americans or Indigenous Peoples. 

Warren can't win in this forum. She was criticized here because the poster assumed she had conspicuously said nothing today. I posted a tweet and then that is called self-serving. She is damned if you do and damned if you don't with anything regarding the issue of Native Americans or Indigenous Peoples. 
FYI - she can’t win any where.  She claimed to be an American Indian with no proof. She would be better off to say nothing but apparently that’s not possible. Sad and ignorant..  but not surprising..

I do applaud her for the tweet.  her previous ancestry claim is just disappointing to me, one who actually has their Dawes Roll card.

So I’m considering a vacation to Cancun.  Requirements are a negative test going in and coming out.,  however people crossing illegally how no requirements but why? 
There have never been any vaccine or test requirements flying into or out of Cancun or anywhere else in Mexico.

This has what to do with this thread?

A vacation in Cancun has absolutely nothing to do with this thread and is one of many posts that the only intent seems to be is trivialize the subject matter of this thread and/or make it unreadable.

So I’m considering a vacation to Cancun.  Requirements are a negative test going in and coming out.,  however people crossing illegally how no requirements but why? 
Pete Carroll says QB Russell Wilson will go on injured reserve. The earliest he would be eligible to play will now be Week 10.

Pete Carroll says QB Russell Wilson will go on injured reserve. The earliest he would be eligible to play will now be Week 10.

Please don't spam this thread with things that have absolutely nothing to do with the subject matter of Indigenous Peoples or Native Americans. 

Here we can discuss issues relating to Native Americans

This is really hard to stomach. Right wing comedian (?) Stephen Crowder has put out a video "Goodbye, Columbus Day" for PragerU.

Toobin is still technically employed but hasn't been seen since his infamous Zoom call and I am sure his days on CNN are history and he won't be back again on that, or probably any other network.

Unfortunately, this thread tends to bring that crowd out of the woodwork. 

I posted a tweet

Please don't spam this thread with things that have absolutely nothing to do with the subject matter of Indigenous Peoples or Native Americans. 

You're doing just great  :thumbup:

On 5/22/2021 at 6:09 PM, squistion said:

Toobin is still technically employed but hasn't been seen since his infamous Zoom call and I am sure his days on CNN are history and he won't be back again on that, or probably any other network.
You're doing just great  :thumbup:
Those were all related to the subject matter of the thread or in response to people spamming this thread.

For instance I first posted this in the above quote you cherry picked and left out the context:

CNN Drops Rick Santorum After Racist Comments About Native Americans
In response ekbeats posted:

On 5/22/2021 at 5:54 PM, ekbeats said:

Really?  Fired over that?  Meanwhile that freak Toobin is still employed, as is Cuomo.  Joke of a network.

We like to celebrate the various holidays by making meals that match the culture of the holiday. Tonight we are trying to decide between Oatmeal Soup, crab with mayo, or cold omelets.

What do you guys think?

Users who are viewing this thread