What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Brady Washed? (1 Viewer)

Is Brady Washed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Hot Sauce Guy

Footballguy
Keeping it simple. It’s halftime of the Bucs/Saints MNF game. Brady has had Evans & Julio just wide open deep by 3 steps twice, and twice he’s missed badly.

His dump-offs are to covered players, so they go nowhere.

Is it time to take him behind the shed, or could he still turn it around?

I think he is washed. Football IQ covers up the diminishing skills. He can still sling it, BUT... accuracy is not great - especially on the deep shots.

I don't think they're making the playoffs.

And he'll stay retired after this terrible season.

Yet, I have no trouble watching the Bucs lose. Go figure.

I was going to say that I can watch the scene where they're running the woman through the woodchipper with detached ironic amusement, but Bucs is a good substitute for that sort of thing.
Woman? Wood chipper? Wasn't that Buscemi?

Or did Tom Brady do something that hasn't hit my news feed yet?

Still Buscemi

Really. I thought it was her remains. Oh well. All I remember is that a long time ago I picked the movie out for a movie night with my girlfriend's parents, who were very conservative. They were not amused by the woodchipper scene with the leg and all that. I earned demerits for that.

Still Buscemi

Really. I thought it was her remains. Oh well. All I remember is that a long time ago I picked the movie out for a movie night with my girlfriend's parents, who were very conservative. They were not amused by the woodchipper scene with the leg and all that. I earned demerits for that.
And, despite the demerits that woman became your wife, yes?

Still Buscemi

chuckling about pulling this movie for date night with the potential in-laws..

Keeping it simple. It’s halftime of the Bucs/Saints MNF game. Brady has had Evans & Julio just wide open deep by 3 steps twice, and twice he’s missed badly.

This aged poorly.

This aged poorly.
I said it was halftime.

I voted for Brady to get better as the year went on, FWIW

LOL.

Yeah, sure, he's still great. Clearly just as good as ever. I mean, 17-16 last second victories at home against Andy Dalton led teams to get to .500 after 12 games has always been the benchmark of his greatness.
It was 55 mins of WTF and 5 mins of brilliance.

Why can’t he have 55 mins of brilliance?

Everybody is excited about him beating a bad Saints team at home. That 84 passer rating shines.

A thought - tonight and in the Rams game he turns it on at the end and slings it. Could they be saving his arm for the playoffs? The schedule has been/is pretty lame overall. The D is holding in (mostly) against these crap teams. Maybe Brady can’t throw this volume downfield without his arm falling off. Otherwise makes no sense for the dump-off garbage fest for 55 min, then 5 min of moving the ball.

Everybody is excited about him beating a bad Saints team at home. That 84 passer rating shines.

A thought - tonight and in the Rams game he turns it on at the end and slings it. Could they be saving his arm for the playoffs? The schedule has been/is pretty lame overall. The D is holding in (mostly) against these crap teams. Maybe Brady can’t throw this volume downfield without his arm falling off. Otherwise makes no sense for the dump-off garbage fest for 55 min, then 5 min of moving the ball.
Saints D is good, and has shut down Brady last few years.

Out of 35 QB’s rated, he’s 30th in yards per attempt. Dalton looked better for 55 minutes. Sure he came back and won. Pure guts and he’s a competitor. But he’s toast in my eyes.
Has no O-line has to get the ball out quick. He ain't toast.
That simply isn't a strong argument. They lost Jensen. Wirfs, Smith & Mason had been out there for 10 of 12 games and that comprises a solid group, certainly as good, or better than half the teams in the league. And Brady has been just as mediocre in those 10 games as we saw for 55 minutes last night.

If the argument is he needs near all-pro talent at every position on the line to return to his previous form then it strengthens the argument that he isn't the player he used to be.

There is no shame in that either. He's 46 and not a vampire, the wheels need to fall off sometime. Father Time always wins.

And let's be real, even diminished he's still better than probably half the QBs in the NFL.

If the argument is he needs near all-pro talent at every position on the line to return to his previous form...
And then we could also use the same excuse for every other quarterback in the league who is playing poorly.

"Gosh, he'd be so much better if he just had an all-pro line."

LOL.

Yeah, sure, he's still great. Clearly just as good as ever. I mean, 17-16 last second victories at home against Andy Dalton led teams to get to .500 after 12 games has always been the benchmark of his greatness.

15 of 21 for 125 yards and 2 TD’s in the 4th quarter vs a Top 10 passing defense that has historically shut him down.

Shhhhh... don't be that guy.

If the argument is he needs near all-pro talent at every position on the line to return to his previous form...
And then we could also use the same excuse for every other quarterback in the league.
Still has the 2nd lowest number of sacks in the league on, by far, the most pass attempts. That isn't all due to his legendary quick release.

Although maybe that had something to do with his divorce.

ZING!!!

LOL.

15 of 21 for 125 yards and 2 TD’s in the 4th quarter vs a Top 10 passing defense that has historically shut him down.

One quarter does not a season make.

Jeebus, saying a 46 year old dude isn't as good as his 44 year old self isn't an insult.

LOL.

Jeebus, saying a 46 year old dude isn't as good as his 44 year old self isn't an insult.
Except he’s 45, not 46. If you’re going to dunk on the guy at least get his age right.

LOL.

Except he’s 45, not 46. If you’re going to dunk on the guy at least get his age right.
JFC how am I "dunking" on the guy?

I haven't said he sucks or is even bad. Saying he's not a top 10 NFL QB anymore, which I also haven't said, at 60 freaking years old* isn't an insult.

I said he isn't as good as his former self. Put down the pitchfork.

*Yes, he's actually 60 years old. Until he produces his long form birth certificate the assumption has to be that he's lying.

Out of 35 QB’s rated, he’s 30th in yards per attempt. Dalton looked better for 55 minutes. Sure he came back and won. Pure guts and he’s a competitor. But he’s toast in my eyes.
That simply isn't a strong argument. They lost Jensen. Wirfs, Smith & Mason had been out there for 10 of 12 games and that comprises a solid group, certainly as good, or better than half the teams in the league. And Brady has been just as mediocre in those 10 games as we saw for 55 minutes last night.

If the argument is he needs near all-pro talent at every position on the line to return to his previous form then it strengthens the argument that he isn't the player he used to be.

There is no shame in that either. He's 46 and not a vampire, the wheels need to fall off sometime. Father Time always wins.

And let's be real, even diminished he's still better than probably half the QBs in the NFL.
By the way I largely agree that’s not as good as he used to be. But also that he’s still, even “washed”, is better than at least half the starting QBs in the league today, which is amazing for someone his age. It would take an All-Pro OL for him to resemble his MVP form, certainly. Father Time is ultimately going to win, but for now, as we saw last night, TB12 will continue to rack up wins of his own, whether people like it or not.

LOL.

Without Marshawn Lattimore, Pete Werner, or PJ Williams?

They were pretty depleted, but still contained Brady for 50+ mins.

Again, I voted “still salvageable”, but I’m just keeping it real.

By the way I largely agree that’s not as good as he used to be. But also that he’s still, even “washed”, is better than at least half the starting QBs in the league today, which is amazing for someone his age. It would take an All-Pro OL for him to resemble his MVP form, certainly. Father Time is ultimately going to win, but for now, as we saw last night, TB12 will continue to rack up wins of his own, whether people like it or not.
The NFL is an unforgiving space that works entirely on the "what have you done for me lately" concept.

We can answer with "Had a great late rally last night".

We can also answer "Quarterbacked a .500 team after 12 weeks"

The Bucs, on paper, are a much more talented team than their record would seem to indicate (Parcells would disagree). And they benefit immensely playing in the weakest division in the NFC. They will make the playoffs and Brady will have yet another opportunity to prove his greatness.

But, to date, it is fair to say he has been a middling QB this season. It's not an insult.

Users who are viewing this thread