What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Brady Washed? (2 Viewers)

Is Brady Washed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You can see washed from here. A mixed bag of sub-par play and pulling rabbits from his hat.

A bigger question to me is is Mike Evans washed? He sure looks it.
Based on what? The 68 yard TD that was called back with an unnecessary hold? The wide open TD that Brady throws behind him at his feet?

You can see washed from here. A mixed bag of sub-par play and pulling rabbits from his hat.

He’s lost a step or two also. It’s hard to tell how much until he’s with a qb hat can get him the ball deep.
He had a 65 yard catch and run TD called back due to a holding penalty at the LOS.
Only about 20 air yards on a play the Niners forgot to put anyone in coverage. And as had been pointed out to me a couple times, were it not for the hold, he never would have been able to get the pass away. Sad but true.
The post I was quoting was taking about Evans and not Brady. Evans was never a burner and didn’t look like he lost a step on that play.
Ah - yes, sorry. I think Evans looks good out there, but as I mentioned above, it’s concerning that he limps off after every catch. It’s also disruptive to the flow of play for the Bucs offense.

But when he’s out there he looks fine.

Based on what? The 68 yard TD that was called back with an unnecessary hold? The wide open TD that Brady throws behind him at his feet?
That was a 100% necessary hold and entirely relevant to the completion.

No hold and Brady is on his back long before he gets the throw off.

Cmon - this one is just not based on reality. That hold was critical to the play. It was hardly “unnecessary”.

The field is compressed and the defenses are teeing off on the short stuff because they know Brady won't hang in long enough to complete anything down the field. He's playing scared.
Makes it so much more difficult - like the entire game is played in the RZ. Just an impossible style of offense.

He’s lost a step or two also. It’s hard to tell how much until he’s with a qb hat can get him the ball deep.
He had a 65 yard catch and run TD called back due to a holding penalty at the LOS.
Only about 20 air yards on a play the Niners forgot to put anyone in coverage. And as had been pointed out to me a couple times, were it not for the hold, he never would have been able to get the pass away. Sad but true.
Yeah, Willis would have creamed Brady if Donavon Smith hadn't had both his hands full of jersey.

The comeback next year is going to be amazing.
Who's going to sign him? Serious question. I don't see a suitor that makes much sense.

I know people have talked about Miami, but hasn't Tua put that to bed? Nobody would take Brady over Tua right now. SF? They just got a front row seat to the decline. Washington? Indianapolis?
Him hitching his wagon to Tampa in 2020 was obviously perfect. Great offensive line and weapons on offense. Young talented defense. I don't see that option out there for him in 2023.

Who's going to sign him? Serious question. I don't see a suitor that makes much sense.

I know people have talked about Miami, but hasn't Tua put that to bed? Nobody would take Brady over Tua right now. SF? They just got a front row seat to the decline. Washington? Indianapolis?
Him hitching his wagon to Tampa in 2020 was obviously perfect. Great offensive line and weapons on offense. Young talented defense. I don't see that option out there for him in 2023.
Pats baby!. Reunited and it feels so niiiice. Another option off top of head would be Tennessee coached by his boy Vrabel. New Orleans maybe too esp. is Payton somehow ends up back there - maybe that one's a bit less likely.

I don't think he's going to have trouble finding a few options. Not seeing a lot of sense speculating between now and March but I'd bet everything I own if he wants to return he'll have options to be the starting QB on some teams and again don't want to speculate but I'd for sure say don't sleep on the Raiders.

Great offensive line and weapons on offense.

And IMO while the WR's have big names he did not have that this season and he needs it more now then he did in 2020. He may not find all of that in his next stop but I bet he find a place with a better supporting cast then he had this past year.

Vegas.

Pats baby!. Reunited and it feels so niiiice. Another option off top of head would be Tennessee coached by his boy Vrabel. New Orleans maybe too esp. is Payton somehow ends up back there - maybe that one's a bit less likely.
ohdamn.gif

Vegas.
I'd assumed that will be ARod's destination to reunite him with Adams.

Vegas.
Brady / McDaniels reunion. Raiders have an out to get off of Carr by 2/15/23 and would only take a $5.6M cap hit. Brady gets Jacobs, Adams, Waller, and Renfroe as weapons (plus whomever Brady could recruit). Without Carr, LV would have $50M+ in cap room. Bachelor Brady gets to live in Las Vegas. Who says no?

Vegas.
I can't see Rodgers playing anywhere but GB next season, assuming he plays at all. That contract is way to expensive to get out from under. To say nothing of the fact Adams willfully departed him.

Carr on the other hand signed one of the easiest to trade long term QB contracts I've ever seen. If he wanted to insure he remained a Raider I'm not sure what he was thinking but that contract gave all the power and control to the team.

Oh, you guys are serious (about Brady 2023). :tfp:

I see this as his swan song... hung on one-year-too-long (as do most of the all-time greats).

His football IQ is off the charts - as it should be, but I think his brilliant football mind is now writing checks that his body cannot cash. Let's see, he got crushed yesterday by a near walk-on rookie making his first start. That's not really GOAT material now is it? I can see the disappointed looks on the LVR fans faces now... "Oh we got Tom Brady? I was hoping for Brock Purdy... you know, just in case the QB has to move a little bit or make a defense pay."

I see this as his swan song... hung on one-year-too-long (as do most of the all-time greats).

His football IQ is off the charts - as it should be, but I think his brilliant football mind is now writing checks that his body cannot cash. Let's see, he got crushed yesterday by a near walk-on rookie making his first start. That's not really GOAT material now is it? I can see the disappointed looks on the LVR fans faces now... "Oh we got Tom Brady? I was hoping for Brock Purdy... you know, just in case the QB has to move a little bit or make a defense pay."
For all the people that insist I am a Brady hater . . . it's not Tom's fault that: 1) the OL in Tampa has been decimated with injuries and many times he has 2 seconds to throw, 2) his receivers have been in and out of the lineup with injuries, 3) the scheme, coaching, and creativity in Tampa has been somewhere between uninspired and deplorable, 4) at least yesterday, the defense allowed 400+ yards of offense and 200+ rushing yards to a team starting Mr. Irrelevant, and 5) TB has had off-field issues that may have drained him of his desire to deal with the offense and issues in TB. To summary, Tom is in a bad place in terms of situation and mentally.

Brady looked washed in the 2019 season when he was done in NE. He was mentally checked out much of that season and just didn't want to be there anymore. There were folks suggesting he was done back then (I was one of them). Then he went to Tampa, threw for 4600/40, and won the SB. His behavior (yelling, screaming, and throwing things on the sidelines) is similar to his last few games in NE. He looked washed then, and some games he missed wide open receivers.

I don't believe Brady got divorced to then retire again. A conspiracy theory of mine is that he planned on retiring when he retired, things went south very quickly with Gisele, so he decided to go back to football because they were on the outs anyway. With a wife no longer nagging him to give up the game, I can see Brady getting over his divorce, moving to another franchise next year, and putting forth the effort he did when he first got to Tampa. Remember when he called up his new teammates and held his own practices after he signed (in a park or at a local high school)? He was bursting with energy. Now it seems like he doesn't have the same enthusiasm. I think we could see an improved and mentally focused Brady next year on a new team. The prospect of winning a SB as a starting QB on a third team would be something he could rally around and set his sights on. In a different environment, with better resources, and a clear head, Brady could go back to putting up better numbers and winning more. He probably won't be a Top 5 fantasy QB, but he could still be a Top 10 NFL QB that closes out games.

Colts have a pretty solid track record of signing over the hill QBs who have no gas left in the tank.
Solid point.
In looking at potential landing spots for Brady, there needs to be a reason for him to sign somewhere (he doesn't need the money, so he's unlikely to go to the highest bidder). The Colts will either bring back Saturday or bring in a new coaching staff . . . neither of which would be a selling point to Brady. TB12 also would only go somewhere if he felt that team was a true contender. Not really sure IND fits that profile. They are staring a 5-11-1 season right in the face in 2022. And I am not sure the receiving corps or the OL would be a selling point either. Add in that it's Indianapolis and not a preferred destination / major metro area / near his kids, and I am not sure the Colts would be high on Tom's list of landing spots (even if the Colts had in interest in him).

For all the people that insist I am a Brady hater . . . it's not Tom's fault that: 1) the OL in Tampa has been decimated with injuries and many times he has 2 seconds to throw, 2) his receivers have been in and out of the lineup with injuries, 3) the scheme, coaching, and creativity in Tampa has been somewhere between uninspired and deplorable, 4) at least yesterday, the defense allowed 400+ yards of offense and 200+ rushing yards to a team starting Mr. Irrelevant, and 5) TB has had off-field issues that may have drained him of his desire to deal with the offense and issues in TB. To summary, Tom is in a bad place in terms of situation and mentally.

Brady looked washed in the 2019 season when he was done in NE. He was mentally checked out much of that season and just didn't want to be there anymore. There were folks suggesting he was done back then (I was one of them). Then he went to Tampa, threw for 4600/40, and won the SB. His behavior (yelling, screaming, and throwing things on the sidelines) is similar to his last few games in NE. He looked washed then, and some games he missed wide open receivers.

I don't believe Brady got divorced to then retire again. A conspiracy theory of mine is that he planned on retiring when he retired, things went south very quickly with Gisele, so he decided to go back to football because they were on the outs anyway. With a wife no longer nagging him to give up the game, I can see Brady getting over his divorce, moving to another franchise next year, and putting forth the effort he did when he first got to Tampa. Remember when he called up his new teammates and held his own practices after he signed (in a park or at a local high school)? He was bursting with energy. Now it seems like he doesn't have the same enthusiasm. I think we could see an improved and mentally focused Brady next year on a new team. The prospect of winning a SB as a starting QB on a third team would be something he could rally around and set his sights on. In a different environment, with better resources, and a clear head, Brady could go back to putting up better numbers and winning more. He probably won't be a Top 5 fantasy QB, but he could still be a Top 10 NFL QB that closes out games.

It's not Tom's fault that he's 45-yrs old either, but he still is.

I honestly think Bruce Arians talked him out of retirement for Todd Bowles' sake.

I'm pulling for Carolina to win that division... at least they look hungry for it. Tampa is heading for a rebuild.

Colts have a pretty solid track record of signing over the hill QBs who have no gas left in the tank.
Solid point.
In looking at potential landing spots for Brady, there needs to be a reason for him to sign somewhere (he doesn't need the money, so he's unlikely to go to the highest bidder). The Colts will either bring back Saturday or bring in a new coaching staff . . . neither of which would be a selling point to Brady. TB12 also would only go somewhere if he felt that team was a true contender. Not really sure IND fits that profile. They are staring a 5-11-1 season right in the face in 2022. And I am not sure the receiving corps or the OL would be a selling point either. Add in that it's Indianapolis and not a preferred destination / major metro area / near his kids, and I am not sure the Colts would be high on Tom's list of landing spots (even if the Colts had in interest in him).
I feel you may have underrated the level of :sarcasm: in @Chaka’s post.

Solid point.
I got the sarcasm. But after hearing multiple discussions about potential landing spots for Brady and the Colts being one of the teams mentioned, I figured it was worth evaluating.

There was talk the last week or two around Boston of a potential Tom and Bill reunion in NE. I don’t see any chance of that, but it keeps coming up. I think it’s just people wishing for glory of year’s past. Lots of crazy hot takes on what will happen with Brady.

Solid point.
I got the sarcasm. But after hearing multiple discussions about potential landing spots for Brady and the Colts being one of the teams mentioned, I figured it was worth evaluating.

There was talk the last week or two around Boston of a potential Tom and Bill reunion in NE. I don’t see any chance of that, but it keeps coming up. I think it’s just people wishing for glory of year’s past. Lots of crazy hot takes on what will happen with Brady.
I just texted my NFL text group about the idea of Brady to the Raiders in 2023.

Half the group is Raider fans, and they’re all mad now.
:lol:

The Tuck rule made them all Brady haters for life.

Solid point.

Maybe it’s time he finds another hobby?

Not sure how legit these are but...

Tom Brady Next Team Odds​

*These odds are currently only available from offshore bookmakers.*

TeamOdds
New England Patriots+250
San Francisco 49ers+350
Tampa Bay Buccaneers+500
Retirement+750
Las Vegas Raiders+1200
Miami Dolphins+2000
Field+1250