What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is there any correlation between good marriage (1 Viewer)

?

• My marriage is great and we go to bed at the same time

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • My marriage is great and we don't go to bed at the same time

Votes: 23 63.9%
  • My marriage is rocky and we go to bed at the same time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My marriage is rocky and we don't go to bed at the same time

Votes: 4 11.1%

• Total voters

Wheelhouse

Footballguy
Why is it that most women seem to want you to go to bed with them at the same time? Maybe it's just me, but my wife really likes it when we go to bed at the same time. To appease her, I do what she says and things are fine. :bag: It may not be my choice, but I also don't want to disappoint her either.

I seem to remember reading some study once that said that there was some correlation between going to bed at the same time and a happy marriage. I couldn't tell you when or where I read it though.

It wouldn't show a cause and affect relationship, but it would make sense that people that aren't getting along wouldn't go to bed at the same time as often as a couple that does go to bed at the same time.

I know my wife has trouble even sleeping without me there. I can generally fall asleep, but I do notice that I sleep more deeply when my wife is there.

Why is it that most women seem to want you to go to bed with them at the same time? Maybe it's just me, but my wife really likes it when we go to bed at the same time. To appease her, I do what she says and things are fine. :bag: It may not be my choice, but I also don't want to disappoint her either.
My marriage is great and we do not go to bed at the same time. My wife does not like me to go to bed at the same time because she says I fall asleep too fast and start snoring and grinding my teeth, then she can't get to sleep. Of course we are newlyweds, but we have lived together for 2 years, and have not had a problem with it yet.

My wife seriously wants me to go to bed with her. Not for the fun stuff, but just to sleep. But she passes out at 9:15. Sorry, but unless I start popping pills I'm not going to be able to sack out that early.

The more alone time I have with my wife, the better. I think having the kids in bed by 8:30 benefits us just as much as it does them. We use the time to chat, watch Tivoed shows, and boink. I used to be a night owl but have slowly come around to where I can knock out pre-10PM. Had to give up some PC gaming and message boarding but it's been worth it.

wife always wants me to go to bed with her, while i like to stay up late...i generally go to bed at the same time though

what's weird is the converse isn't true. if i want to go to bed early, it doesn't bother me if she wants to stay up late.

My wife goes to bed around 9:00 - 9:30 (gets up at 5:00 - 5:30). There's no way I can go to bed that early.

My GF goes to bed pretty early, always asks me to come to bed with her. Never happens. I prefer to stay up late, don't mind the alone time and I think our relationship is better for it.

Kids does make a big difference. We put the kids to bed at 8:30, which gives us an hour together alone until she falls asleep on the couch at 9:30, wakes up at 10, goes to bed, then I stay up untill 11:30.

I routinely fall asleep on the sofa watching TV. If I don't wake up when she's ready to go to bed, my arms are ripped out of the sockets while she's dragging me off the sofa. :shrug:

My wife goes to bed around 9:00 - 9:30 (gets up at 5:00 - 5:30). There's no way I can go to bed that early.
One thing I forgot to add. I do usually go up and lay down with her for 10-15 minutes when she goes to bed.

One thing I forgot to add. I do usually go up and lay down with her for 10-15 minutes when she goes to bed.
Interesting. I cannot stand to have anyone near or touching me if i am trying to sleep. Only prolongs me actually falling asleep.

Interesting. I cannot stand to have anyone near or touching me if i am trying to sleep. Only prolongs me actually falling asleep.
:shrug: Mrs. CE likes me to go upstairs and lie down with her when she goes to bed.

Surprised only 1 rocky marriage out of 23... :popcorn:
Poll is flawed.Might get better responses if there was a middle option between "great" and "rocky"I go to bed at 11:15pm, but my wife will stay up later and goes to bed later than me. (she's a stay at home mom so no "paying job" to report to & she's always been a nightowl) I've occasionally asked her to go to bed at the same time as me.

My wife usually crashes around 10, and I'm up mostly until about 1 AM. I just don't sleep very well, and if I went to bed that early I'd never get any reading done.

Went with:

My marriage is great and we don't go to bed at the same time

Short of nights we want to spend some time together before sleep. ;)

I usually climb into bed around 9pm and read for an hour and go to sleep.

She tends to stay up and watch the 10pm News or whatever happens to be on Food network at the time.

Works out better this way as she snores and if I don't get to sleep before her I have a Heck of a time getting to sleep.

King size?

Anyone with kids at home that doesn't spend time with the wife after the kids go to bed?

I thought I was the only one.. I too cannot sleep if anything is near me..I would INSTA buy a king if were to get anywhere near marriage

My wife always wants me to go to bed with her, but then never wants to make with the "thank you." I've gotten to where I just tell her I'll be in there in a little bit, and then she goes to bed, and I stay up another hour or so.

I rarely go to bed at the same time as my husband. The oldest of our kids is generally in bed by 8:30ish, and then we both stay up for a couple hours. He always goes upstairs before me though.

And neither one of us is a touchy, cuddler in bed. I hate having someone breathe bad breath on me. :X Doesn't matter if you brush, it doesn't stay fresh that long. :shudder: We're both edge sleepers on the bed, too. Seems to have worked OK so far (married 19 years this year).

My wife goes to bed around 9:00 - 9:30 (gets up at 5:00 - 5:30).  There's no way I can go to bed that early.
Cecil Collins would have made a great neighbor for you :thumbup:

My wife goes to bed around 9:00 - 9:30 (gets up at 5:00 - 5:30).  There's no way I can go to bed that early.
:shrug: Mrs. CE likes me to go upstairs and lie down with her when she goes to bed.
Do you read her a story as well?

Good thing we aren't married, you'd be an insomniac. :ficken3:

I routinely fall asleep on the sofa watching TV. If I don't wake up when she's ready to go to bed, my arms are ripped out of the sockets while she's dragging me off the sofa. :shrug:
:lmao:

Great marraige, kids. We generally go to bed at around the same time. Not always, but usually.

However, the one problem we have is I have a more difficult time falling asleep or staying asleep while the TV is on, while she prefers it. Not a major issue, as she turns it off when I ask, but I know she'd prefer to keep it on.

*cough* foot lotion *cough*
:lmao:

A husband working 3rd shift and a wife working 1st can't have a good marriage?
Never been married so I cannot answer. I just bumped this because I love the Al Bundy pic in Warsteinner's avatar. :D

My wife always wants me to go to bed with her, but then never wants to make with the "thank you." I've gotten to where I just tell her I'll be in there in a little bit, and then she goes to bed, and I stay up another hour or so.
:goodposting:

My wife likes it when I warm up the sheets for her.....

Then we set them on fire!

Last edited by a moderator:
*cough* foot lotion *cough*
So why don't you two manly studs give me the secret to your happy marriages. Sounds like you have all the answers.

I think the point is to spend some quality alone time with the wife and fill with other stuff besides bumpin uglies. When that time happens can be whenever but I know the only chance I get is at night.

For you guys that don't at night, what are you doing instead?

:confused:

:confused:
What is your confusion?

My wife seriously wants me to go to bed with her. Not for the fun stuff, but just to sleep. But she passes out at 9:15. Sorry, but unless I start popping pills I'm not going to be able to sack out that early.

:goodposting:

I used to have this problem with my wife, but I made her stop going to happy hour every night after work :P

Users who are viewing this thread