What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is this a mistake? (1 Viewer)

I agree with H.K. that Jacobs should steal a bunch of goalline carries from Tiki this year.

But, with enough carries, Tiki could still have a decent chance at 8-10 total TDs so I'm not sure I'd agree that 11 is "impossible". Brian Westbrook scored 11 TDs in 2003 without getting a ton of goalline work.
This is eerily reminiscent to the discussion that Ron Dayne was going to somehow take away fantasy production from Tiki last year. And yet Tiki gave drafters tremendous value.I'll believe that Mike f'ing Cloud will steal production away from Tiki when I see it.

I love Tiki. No matter how well he does every year he is projected by the majority of people to produce lower than he will.

Keep up this talk, I'll gladly take him at a cheaper price than I should be able to.
Yeah the value was great last year, but where was it the year before or in 2001?
In 2001 when he finished 14th, in 2002 when he finished 7th...what more do you want from the guy? He finished 2nd last year, but still gets no respect
lol exactly.Tiki is a perennial top 15 / top 10 back and many "sharks" here think that last year was the first time he did anything.

this is why i love Tiki...every year there is some excuse why he won't perform, and yet he does.
:goodposting: i can't wait until 2006 when bobo williams is the next fantasy vulture that will erode all of tiki's value.

:lmao:
Is Bobo Williams the 3rd string RB at USC right now?

I agree with H.K. that Jacobs should steal a bunch of goalline carries from Tiki this year.

But, with enough carries, Tiki could still have a decent chance at 8-10 total TDs so I'm not sure I'd agree that 11 is "impossible". Brian Westbrook scored 11 TDs in 2003 without getting a ton of goalline work.
This is eerily reminiscent to the discussion that Ron Dayne was going to somehow take away fantasy production from Tiki last year. And yet Tiki gave drafters tremendous value.I'll believe that Mike f'ing Cloud will steal production away from Tiki when I see it.

I love Tiki. No matter how well he does every year he is projected by the majority of people to produce lower than he will.

Keep up this talk, I'll gladly take him at a cheaper price than I should be able to.
Yeah the value was great last year, but where was it the year before or in 2001?
In 2001 when he finished 14th, in 2002 when he finished 7th...what more do you want from the guy? He finished 2nd last year, but still gets no respect
lol exactly.Tiki is a perennial top 15 / top 10 back and many "sharks" here think that last year was the first time he did anything.

this is why i love Tiki...every year there is some excuse why he won't perform, and yet he does.
Barber's rank over the years:
Year        Value        Pos. Rank    Overall Rank--------------------------------------------------1997           0            34            1271998           0            44            1791999           0            32            1322000          67            13             312001          33            14             372002         112             7              82003          44            15             342004         142             2              4http://www.profootballreference.com/players/BarbTi00.htmPS, the year before 2004 was 2003 not 2002. He finished 15th that year.

Bagger,

Yeah he is a perennial top 15 RB. He is NOT a perennial top 10 RB though which it seems a lot of people are trying to make him out to be.
What was the point differential between his 13, 14, and 15 rank and #10 of those years? Probably not too significant, but maybe I am wrong. I understand that he is not a top 10 back year in and year out, but he is real close.
I agree it was probably close. I am perfectly comortable ranking Tiki as a top 15 RB year in year out. Just not top 10 and certainly not top 5 is all.
I personally have him ranked 4th (I am typically higher on Tiki than most) but I would not draft him until the 2nd round based on his ADP.I don't expect most to agree with the #4 RB ranking, but to have him any lower than 11th or 12th and understanding that the difference between the #8 RB and the #15 RB is typically small, I think most here are arguing over nuances.
1. 3. Alexander, Shaun SEA RB 2. 5. Tomlinson, Ladainian SDC RB

3. 10. Johnson, Larry KCC RB

4. 11. James, Edgerrin IND RB

5. 12. Barber, Tiki NYG RB

6. 22. Jordan, Lamont OAK RB

7. 23. Johnson, Rudi CIN RB

8. 26. Portis, Clinton WAS RB

9. 31. Anderson, Mike DEN RB

10. 32. Jackson, Steven STL RB

:bwih:

:ph34r:

:goodposting: i can't wait until 2006 when bobo williams is the next fantasy vulture that will erode all of tiki's value.

not quite sure on that one.he is my placeholder for the no-name RB for 2006.

bobo can also be thought of as any player who is overvalued by the fantasy football community.

this is shtick in the making. you're all on the ground floor here.

not quite sure on that one.he is my placeholder for the no-name RB for 2006.

bobo can also be thought of as any player who is overvalued by the fantasy football community.

this is shtick in the making. you're all on the ground floor here.
Ahhhh.....So Willis McGhaee '05 = Bobo Williams

Can't wait to see the '06 version.

Ahhhh.....

So Willis McGhaee '05 = Bobo Williams

Can't wait to see the '06 version.
yes.we'd also accept bobo mcgahee or some other derivative of bobo.

for example, i am in a league with a bobopella.

Users who are viewing this thread