What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jacquizz Rodgers (1 Viewer)

Will be interesting to see how Rodgers does tonight, but I still can't see him retaining much value once Martin returns. My sense is that Sims' ability to carve out value as a passing-down back had far more to do with Sims than with TB's system.

I thought it would take him 40 carries to break 100 yards, so props to Jacquizz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you point to the funny part so we can all get it?
So you thought I was actually asking people to check back with me? In your defense, though, no one on this board has ever made the "I benched the guy, so you know he's going to go off" joke before, so how could you possibly have known?*

Anyway, we've wasted enough of everyone's time on this, and I'm sure you have better things to do, like yell at kids on your lawn* and place jaywalkers under citizen's arrest.*

Moving on, I hope he won some people their match-ups last night, but I don't see Rodgers as having much value ROS as much more than a Martin handcuff (and he's due back after the bye). His value seems to be entirely tied to opportunity rather than talent. I missed the first half, so I'm not sure what he was doing right then, but Gruden mentioned at one point that he got like 65 yards on his first 14 carries and 22 yards on his next 14. The parts I saw were of him repeatedly slamming into the line and going down.

* Jokes!

This is why people hate fantasy. Tons of rbs splitting carries, touches, etc and this scrub touches the ball 35 times. Lol ah the rb position.

zftcg said:
So you thought I was actually asking people to check back with me? In your defense, though, no one on this board has ever made the "I benched the guy, so you know he's going to go off" joke before, so how could you possibly have known?*

Anyway, we've wasted enough of everyone's time on this, and I'm sure you have better things to do, like yell at kids on your lawn* and place jaywalkers under citizen's arrest.*

Moving on, I hope he won some people their match-ups last night, but I don't see Rodgers as having much value ROS as much more than a Martin handcuff (and he's due back after the bye). His value seems to be entirely tied to opportunity rather than talent. I missed the first half, so I'm not sure what he was doing right then, but Gruden mentioned at one point that he got like 65 yards on his first 14 carries and 22 yards on his next 14. The parts I saw were of him repeatedly slamming into the line and going down.

* Jokes!
I agree his value takes a hit with Martin back but I think he's more talented than people want to give him credit for. There's so much "group think" on these boards and if something gets repeated enough times it becomes true. Rodgers isn't any elite talent by any means, but he's strong (he's short but solid), runs hard and makes nice cuts - guys that aren't talented don't last as long in this league as he has.

I agree his value takes a hit with Martin back but I think he's more talented than people want to give him credit for. There's so much "group think" on these boards and if something gets repeated enough times it becomes true. Rodgers isn't any elite talent by any means, but he's strong (he's short but solid), runs hard and makes nice cuts - guys that aren't talented don't last as long in this league as he has.
The beginning of this thread when he was just getting started people said nicer things. He was a commodity once.

Still having said that, in 2 weeks I expect Martin back and Rodgers may not be worth holding. Quiz might have the value that Sims did at the beginning of the year. However the Bucs were really, really run heavy last night. And the Bucs may limit Martin base on his health. If that continues he might be worth more than Sims befroe the Martin injury.

Last edited by a moderator:
This dude has been a fantasy god for me.

take your time getting well Mr Muscle Hamster. Maybe take the rest of the season off. We want you healthy for next year. 

Jaquizz  :wub:

Years ago I drafted this guy one season when he was behind Michael Turner. I waited, and waited, and waited. Now this week I picked him up in one of my leagues and finally got the payoff!

How much longer is Martin out? Does he become 170 points over 16 games (10.5 per game) like Sims was last year when Martin comes back?

Vikings are going to slaughter the Bears next week.  I mean like epic beat down of monstrous proportions 
As a Bears "fan", I would guess that they start Cutler and actually win the game. In the last 2 years, the Bears have had this knack for winning games that they would be so much better off losing. They would be so much better served tanking for a QB so naturally, they will win just enough games to keep us out of the running.

As a Bears "fan", I would guess that they start Cutler and actually win the game. In the last 2 years, the Bears have had this knack for winning games that they would be so much better off losing. They would be so much better served tanking for a QB so naturally, they will win just enough games to keep us out of the running.
Maybe if vikings had won today.  Coming off that eagles loss they will be sharp.  Esp on defense.  No way this bears team wins this week. Just my opinion of course

SaintsInDome2006 said:
This is the 64K question. Little to no info on what's up.
There doesn't seem to be much solid info.  Speculation abounds, however.

Bramel said on one of the audible podcasts last week that aggravations are usually as severe (if not worse) than the original injury.  That would suggest another 4 week rehab time (at least).  If he aggravated it before the bye, that means at least 2 more weeks?

http://www.espn.com/blog/oakland-raiders/post/_/id/16349/raiders-will-be-challenged-by-jameis-winston-mike-evans-combination

RB Jacquizz RodgersIn his second start with the Bucs, Rodgers had 154 yards on 26 carries. In the last two weeks, he has rushed for 255 yards. What’s even more impressive for the 5-foot-6 spark plug is that 97 of his rushing yards came after contact, the most by a Bucs player since 2013 and the third most of any NFL player in a game this season. He’ll continue to get a heavy dose of touches in the absence of Doug Martin and Charles Sims, but the team will also use Anton Smith as a change-of-pace back and Peyton Barber as a short-yardage back, and also just to give Rodgers a rest.

has this happened in the last 2 games?

He's also better than this board ever gave him credit for.
I'm still cautious, but I'm definitely open to re-evaluating my opinion of him if he keeps this up. Would be pretty amazing if a 5'6"/196lb RB could be a consistent producer, but stranger things have happened.

I'm still cautious, but I'm definitely open to re-evaluating my opinion of him if he keeps this up. Would be pretty amazing if a 5'6"/196lb RB could be a consistent producer, but stranger things have happened.
Not comparing the two-- but what was Ray Rice listed at? He couldn't have been 5'9"

Not comparing the two-- but what was Ray Rice listed at? He couldn't have been 5'9"
According to Wikipedia, 5'8"/212. 

I heard some stat a couple years ago (might have been in reference to Kenyon Barner) about how a RB below a certain height/weight combo has never had more than X carries in a season. I think it was something like 5'9"/190, but the general point was that small backs don't last.

For reference, Sproles is 5'6"/190 and Woodhead is 5'8"/200, but neither of them have ever gotten the kind of workload Quizz has seen the past two games (other than that one playoff game when LT was hurt and Sproles put up a 22/105).

Yeah, I'm not saying he's anything special, just that his talent was always called into question and. 196 pounds is actually pretty heavy for 5'6" and I think his build and low center of gravity is a large part of why he's able to find the success he does. He's runs pretty damn strong for a "small" back.

If anyone is wondering about carrying a Rodgers handcuff, I don't think there's anyone else worth rostering even if Rodgers goes down with an injury (which is possible with his unprecedented workload).  

Peyton Barber is slow and just not good - his TD run was at the end of the game against a bad, tired defense much much like Gillislee's the week before.  And I don't see Antone Smith as more than a CoP back.

Wow, who would have guessed that a 5'6" RB who's never had more than 100 carries in a season would break down after getting 75 in three games?

Also, is it just me or do these too-small RBs who get ridden too hard always seem to have foot injuries? Ellington and Hillman are the two others who immediately come to mind.

Wow, who would have guessed that a 5'6" RB who's never had more than 100 carries in a season would break down after getting 75 in three games?

Also, is it just me or do these too-small RBs who get ridden too hard always seem to have foot injuries? Ellington and Hillman are the two others who immediately come to mind.
It's tackle football...not sure his past usage has anything to do with a foot injury. 

It's tackle football...not sure his past usage has anything to do with a foot injury. 
Wasn't arguing cause and effect. I was saying there was probably a reason he'd never been used that heavily, namely the fact that he's built like a scatback.

Wasn't arguing cause and effect. I was saying there was probably a reason he'd never been used that heavily, namely the fact that he's built like a scatback.
I thought he was handing it like a boss to be honest. He ran hard and fought for every yard against Carolina. It's to bad he is injured...he came through big for me with byes and injuries. I think I'm going to drop him for the next flavor of the month unless news comes out he has a chance to play next week.

I thought he was handing it like a boss to be honest. He ran hard and fought for every yard against Carolina. It's to bad he is injured...he came through big for me with byes and injuries. I think I'm going to drop him for the next flavor of the month unless news comes out he has a chance to play next week.
Yeah, he really impressed me over the past few weeks, and on a personal level I feel bad for the kid if this is the end of what could have been his big break. And I can sort of understand the position Koetter was in, having lost his top two RBs and getting inconsistent QB play. Still, this wasn't just bad luck. Quizz's injury was eminently predictable given that workload. Also, given the choice of asking a franchise QB to step up vs. giving a journeyman scatback a 400-carry pace, it seems weird that Koetter would choose the latter, especially since his job security is far more tied to Winston's development than it is to this year's record.

Maybe if vikings had won today.  Coming off that eagles loss they will be sharp.  Esp on defense.  No way this bears team wins this week. Just my opinion of course
I picked the Viking to win in my survivor pool this week so this is a bitter I told you so. It makes no sense but if ever there's a game the Bears should lose for their own benefit, you better believe their going to pull some Moses parting of the red sea bs. They go from wankers to wizards

I picked the Viking to win in my survivor pool this week so this is a bitter I told you so. It makes no sense but if ever there's a game the Bears should lose for their own benefit, you better believe their going to pull some Moses parting of the red sea bs. They go from wankers to wizards
Unbelievable 

droppable in shallow redraft leagues?  Need a defense and trying to decide between him and DeAngelo.
16 team league with a bench of 3:  dropped him because I think he's out at least another week (i.e. misses Week 10) and Martin is looming to return.  if healthy, I suspect Rogers will still have value relieving Martin (10 touches/game), but I fear his foot sprain is more serious than we think. 

Users who are viewing this thread