What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jake Delhomme Question (1 Viewer)

Boston

Footballguy
Does Jake Delhomme taunt his opponents? Sometimes it seems like when he gets excited he throws a few words towards his opponents bench yet I'm not sure if that's what he's doing. I was curious to see if anyone else sees this. I like how the guy plays and he's definetly a tough competitor. Yet, I'm not a big fan of that type of stuff if in fact that's what he's doing.

He is not taunting anyone, he is just pumped up. I like his energy.

Watch Delhomme this weekend. He'll look more wired than a tech geek on six cups of Seattle's Best."You have to enjoy it, you have to have fun and, if I'm not out there having a good time and getting fired up, that is not me," he said. "I get excited out there. Sometimes, I really act like a kid, I guess you could say."
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/s...-delhomme_x.htm

He is not taunting anyone, he is just pumped up. I like his energy.

Watch Delhomme this weekend. He'll look more wired than a tech geek on six cups of Seattle's Best.

"You have to enjoy it, you have to have fun and, if I'm not out there having a good time and getting fired up, that is not me," he said. "I get excited out there. Sometimes, I really act like a kid, I guess you could say."
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/columnist/s...-delhomme_x.htm
That's what I was hoping. As stated I really like how he plays. I just noticed that sometimes when he's running down the field after a big play he appears to be talking a little smack towards the other team. Yet, since I really hadn't heard bad stuff about him it was probably just him getting pumped as this article states.

Does Jake Delhomme taunt his opponents? Sometimes it seems like when he gets excited he throws a few words towards his opponents bench yet I'm not sure if that's what he's doing. I was curious to see if anyone else sees this. I like how the guy plays and he's definetly a tough competitor. Yet, I'm not a big fan of that type of stuff if in fact that's what he's doing.
No moreso than I think many other players do. It was pretty evident he was :stirspot: during the game last week. He was barking at the other team and the refs and then turned to walk back to his sideline -- laughing. I enjoy that about him.

Is this "Boston" from FFToday? If so, hello old friend. Seems there are a number of us that have wandered over here. Good football discussion on this board, too.

WR's fault, please quit pissing in the shark pool. :rant:
Yeah...all the WRs fault huh... :rolleyes:
Yeah, and Packers fans have never used the "it was the WR's fault" excuse to try and explain Brett Favre't interceptions before. :rolleyes:
Nope...never "all the WRs fault".Some have been due to WRs issues though (Ferguson most noteably this past season on a few).

However...this claim that the WR ran the wrong route is funny...given everyone's words around that play...

"I was in shock and he was going in slow motion," Hasselbeck said. "He shouldn't have been there, in my mind. He caught the ball and I didn't get a good jump. I don't know if it would have mattered."

"He gambled and hit the jackpot," Bannister added.
There was a blitz...Hass made the read, threw towards the sideline where the WR was...and made a bad choice. Pretty cut and dry on that play.

Delhomme gets jawwed at all game by opponents (Rodney Harrison in the SB 2 years ago in particular). He just likes to throw it back at them after he toasts them. Has anyone mentioned the BS move by Tommie Harris on the last play of last weeks game? Why all the hate?

Yeah, and Packers fans have never used the "it was the WR's fault" excuse to try and explain Brett Favre't interceptions before. :rolleyes:
Nope...never "all the WRs fault".Some have been due to WRs issues though (Ferguson most noteably this past season on a few).

However...this claim that the WR ran the wrong route is funny...given everyone's words around that play...

"I was in shock and he was going in slow motion," Hasselbeck said. "He shouldn't have been there, in my mind. He caught the ball and I didn't get a good jump. I don't know if it would have mattered."

There was a blitz...Hass made the read, threw towards the sideline where the WR was...and made a bad choice. Pretty cut and dry on that play.
:goodposting: Regardless of whose fault it was, Hass looked like a complete idiot when even before thowing the int by saying were going to take the ball and score. That is way to cawcky especially in that circumstance. Then you follow it up with an interception. I actually did not care who won that game until Hass made that stupid comment and had to cheer against him. I giggled like a school girl when he threw that int.

:goodposting: Regardless of whose fault it was, Hass looked like a complete idiot when even before thowing the int by saying were going to take the ball and score. That is way to cawcky especially in that circumstance. Then you follow it up with an interception. I actually did not care who won that game until Hass made that stupid comment and had to cheer against him. I giggled like a school girl when he threw that int.
I hope you realize that Hass said the comment jokingly and was just loosening the tension.Hasselbeck is not a c ocky player if you have ever heard him do interviews and press conferences. He is down to earth and humble and does not take the credit for any personal accolades.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does Jake Delhomme taunt his opponents?  Sometimes it seems like when he gets excited he throws a few words towards his opponents bench yet I'm not sure if that's what he's doing.  I was curious to see if anyone else sees this.  I like how the guy plays and he's definetly a tough competitor.  Yet, I'm not a big fan of that type of stuff if in fact that's what he's doing.
Is this "Boston" from FFToday? If so, hello old friend. Seems there are a number of us that have wandered over here. Good football discussion on this board, too.
Hello to you. Glad to see you here as well. Always interested in your take on things. Like you I wandered over and so far so good.

Users who are viewing this thread