What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jamaica vacation...who's got some good info? (1 Viewer)

Galileo

Footballguy
I will be going to Jamaica with my wife and 2 adult children (21 and 19) the week after Christmas. I am trying to explore some possible things to do. We will be staying in Runaway Bay. My wife and I were in Ocho Rios 24 years ago for our honeymoon. Back then it was generally frowned upon to be doing much outside of the resorts. Have things changed much over the years? We did do Dunn's River Falls back then and would be open to doing it again with the family, but looking for other interesting things especially things that might be in the Runaway Bay area. Anyone been to Nine Mile? Is it worth a trip if you are a casual Bob Marley fan? Open to any, and all, suggestions.

Last edited:
I don't know for fact but I thought it was worse now than 20 years ago (about the same time I was there).... sorry I am no real help

I know it's a popular thing to do for some people at resorts, but I'd stay away from the workout room. First day my wife and I were there, we went, met the personal trainer and had a good workout. My wife thought he was pretty good so scheduled one for herself everyday; to the point where she worked out and stayed back at the resort while I went on tours and such. She really missed out on some great sites and fun times.

don't think i can add much on this one... we did our honeymoon at ocho rios and negril 28 years ago as well.
we did leave the resorts... the kids may not like the slow rafting.
i always enjoy local restaurants and bars. some very scenic spots.
snorkeling or diving for the family?

Runaway Bay is pretty far from stabbin' Jamaica but also not quite tourist Jamaica. be smart and y'all be fine. Green grotto is nice-ish for the area.

don't think i can add much on this one... we did our honeymoon at ocho rios and negril 28 years ago as well.
we did leave the resorts... the kids may not like the slow rafting.
i always enjoy local restaurants and bars. some very scenic spots.
snorkeling or diving for the family?
I know there is snorkeling available at the resort, but do not know how good it is. I probably won't plan a separate snorkeling trip unless motivated to do so once there.

"Cocaine, ecstasy, parasail, jetski".

Aloe vera massage on the beach.

Cliff jumping at Rick's.

Jerk chicken from street vendors.

Ganja filled grocery bags.

Ziggy Marley concert (not even sure if he is still alive)

My info is circa 2000 so may be out of date.

"Cocaine, ecstasy, parasail, jetski".

Aloe vera massage on the beach.

Cliff jumping at Rick's.

Jerk chicken from street vendors.

Ganja filled grocery bags.

Ziggy Marley concert (not even sure if he is still alive)

My info is circa 2000 so may be out of date.
Same. 18 years ago. Dudes were doing lines in the back of the the resort shuttle before we even left the airport. Weed, E, K, whatever you wanted. I’ve never been back. I don’t see myself ever going back.

Users who are viewing this thread