What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

James Brown Leaving FOX (1 Viewer)

MarshallRob

Footballguy
FOX's Brown Will Leave to Be CBS's N.F.L. Host

By RICHARD SANDOMIR

In a series of changes expected to be announced Monday, James Brown will leave as the host of Fox Sports' N.F.L. pregame program to take the same job on CBS's "The NFL Today."

Brown will replace Greg Gumbel, who will shift to calling games with Dan Dierdorf as the network's No. 2 announcing team, according to three executives apprised of the changes but granted anonymity because they were not authorized to speak publicly.

Brown, who left CBS to be a founding member of "Fox NFL Sunday," the highest-rated Sunday pregame program, became available because he had not signed a contract renewal. Gumbel agreed in 2004 to move from the No. 1 play-by-play job to the "NFL Today" studio, swapping jobs with Jim Nantz.

The changes also mean that **** Enberg, Dierdorf's partner, will work with a different partner. "I was shocked when I got the call," Enberg said in a telephone interview. "I still regard myself as being very strong on football, and I think we had a great season. I can't accept that my work is any less than it was in the past. I feel I story-tell as well as anyone. I won't take this as a defeat."

In other changes, Bonnie Bernstein is leaving as one of CBS's N.F.L. sideline reporters, and Armen Keteyian, another sideline reporter, is expected to shift to investigative work at CBS News.

Does that mean that Bonnie Berstein is now a free agent? Team Sea Bass could use a sideline reporter with her credentials.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now there's a seat open at the table. Think they'll go after a certain QB #4 if he retires? He obviously couldn't replace Brown as the host, but I bet Fox would love to have him next to Bradshaw.

Now there's a seat open at the table. Think they'll go after a certain QB #4 if he retires? He obviously couldn't replace Brown as the host, but I bet Fox would love to have him next to Bradshaw.
Cant see Favre on one of those shows. Not outspoken enough, too laid back

Last edited by a moderator:
nope, they'll want to fill that seat with a journalist-typeI hope it's not Al Michaels. :no:

nope, they'll want to fill that seat with a journalist-typeI hope it's not Al Michaels. :no:
If Ryan Seacrest finds his way on that set, I'm done with Fox forever.

Sad thing was he was the only one who really kept Bradshaw in line to a degree. Now Bradshaw will act even more like an idiot than before. :thumbdown:

Users who are viewing this thread