What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

James Jones 2nd Half? (1 Viewer)

Pearl Frumpkin

Footballguy
What's everyone thinking of James Jones in the second half? It seems everyone is going nuts over Rodgers and the Pack passing game due to their match ups. But the question is who are they going to throw the ball to? Obviously Jordy is the #1, but with Cobb and Finley potentially out for the season is That leaves a big opportunity for some major production. Jones has shown flashes in the past, but it seems like he may be targeted more now due to necessity. So should we be targeting him as a buy low?

Any word on Jones status for this week? [/quote

The Monday night slot makes this a tough one. Not many options to fall back upon - maybe a M Bennett if you have a flex, possibly an Alshon Jeffrey who could be argued as a safer start regardless. James Starks as a flex?

Unless its clear today or tomorrow that jones is good to to may be best to wait a week

I traded for him in my dynasty league last week. He should be a monster in the second half of the season along with jordy. With no Cobb or Finley, Boykin will become the inconsistent guy in the offense. Jones and Nelson will thrive week in and week out.

Especially when you look at the remaining schedule.

dgreen said:
Pearl Frumpkin said:
Obviously Jordy is the #1...
I'm not sure about that. Here are their targets by game up until Jones' injury:

Week Nelson Jones1 10 22 4 123 9 84 7 6I'd expect their targets to be fairly even when they both play.
Even with all the injuries Nelson hasn't had more than 10 targets. He'll get his but there a lot to go around, especially with Finley out. Whoever is the #2 will get about 7-8 targets a game.

Another missed practice for Jones today. if he misses Mondays game it will be week 3 of the 2-3 week time table for the injury.

Rotoworld:

James Jones (knee) returned to a limited practice on Friday.
Jones looks to be trending in the right direction, but there is still no clarity regarding his Week 9 availability. He'll probably wind up as a game-time decision on Monday Night Football. Teams that play in MNFers do not release final injury report classifications until Saturday. We'd look for a questionable tag tomorrow from Jones. If Jones does return against the Bears, Green Bay's most likely three-wide package would have Jones and Jarrett Boykin outside with Jordy Nelson at slot receiver. Myles White would probably be the No. 4. All Packers wideouts are capable of playing all three of the receiver positions. It's an emphasis of the coaching staff.

Source: Bill Huber on Twitter

Anyone have the cahoonas to start him monday?

James Jones (knee) practiced on a limited basis Saturday and is listed as questionable for Week 9.
It was his second straight limited practice after returning on Friday. Packers coach Mike McCarthy said Jones "did more than yesterday" and is "up in the air" for Sunday's game. Jones is a full-blown game-time decision. He'll be a WR3 if active against the Bears. Nov 2 - 1:46 PM

I'm starting him in ine league where my other options are Stephen hill, Percy harvin, and marquise Goodwin. So yeah. He's starting for me lol

I actually expect a good game. 80 yards and a td not out of the question.

Rotoworld:

James Jones (knee) is practicing again Saturday.
Beat writer Tyler Dunne observed Jones "doing everything" in the portion open to the media, suggesting Jones is getting in a full session one day after returning to practice on a limited basis. It appears Jones has a pretty good chance of suiting up Monday night against the Bears. Jones is a WR3.

Source: Tyler Dunne on Twitter

Jones is far from a wr3. That is laughable. If he plays a full compliment of snaps this week that statement will be laughable. He is wr2 with wr1 upside every week he plays and is healthy.

Ladsud said:

James Jones (knee) practiced on a limited basis Saturday and is listed as questionable for Week 9.
It was his second straight limited practice after returning on Friday. Packers coach Mike McCarthy said Jones "did more than yesterday" and is "up in the air" for Sunday's game. Jones is a full-blown game-time decision. He'll be a WR3 if active against the Bears. Nov 2 - 1:46 PM
In one league with byes...I have Jones and Boykin.

Boykin is in my lineup...but am likely going to throw Jones in if I know he is playing.

Ladsud said:

I don't know that I would start him if he still hasn't gotten in even a full practice. Of course, I also have R. White :bag:

So what is everyone's thoughts on Jones now after the Rogers injury?

Hold?

Droppable?

WR2,WR3,WR4,WR5 going forward?

I'm holding for now but will have to make a decision on him for week 12 to cover byes.

Users who are viewing this thread