What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

James Starks - Packers RB 2015 (1 Viewer)

Raiderfan32904

Footballguy
Dodds has an unusually high ranking this week. And even if Lacy can go suggests he is a must own whether or not you are a Lacy owner. Anyone looking to scoop him off the wire? Interested in any news or recent buzz.

I don't see how he offers any value to non-Lacy owners. There's still a chance Lacy plays this week. If Lacy plays, then what value does Starks really have? Maybe you play Starks either way this week, but after this week if Lacy is back, Starks doesn't have any value IMO. To Lacy owners, sure, but to anyone else, when would you feel confident to play him?

From the weekly waiver wire report off MyFBG:

RB James Starks (blind bid: 12-25%) - Starks value could go up if we hear bad news about Eddie Lacy's ankle, but chances are it's only a short term injury. Still Starks is an autostart any time Lacy is out. With an extra day coming up for the Monday Night game, Lacy might be good to go, or at least be able to a committee back with Starks this week. Starks still showed he is one of the most capable backups in the league, and he shouldn't be on the waiver wire in any leagues now, whether you own Lacy or not.

I just don't see it. If you don't own Lacy, you're basically holding Starks waiting for Lacy to get hurt again. I'd rather spend that roster spot on someone that could offer more value.

I don't see how he offers any value to non-Lacy owners. There's still a chance Lacy plays this week. If Lacy plays, then what value does Starks really have? Maybe you play Starks either way this week, but after this week if Lacy is back, Starks doesn't have any value IMO. To Lacy owners, sure, but to anyone else, when would you feel confident to play him?

How does he not have value? If Lacy is out then he's a top 10 RB - Sure he's more valuable to the Lacy owner but I will start him this week if Lacy is out.. & I don't own Lacy

Sure if Lacy is out he has value, but if Lacy plays this week and doesn't miss any time at all, then you're left holding onto someone who isn't going to do anything barring an injury. Same goes for Knile Davis. Why hold onto him if you don't own Charles? I'd much rather have guys that have a chance of playing without a guy in front of them going down

I guess it comes down to upside. Of course there are always waiver wire flavors of the week. But most of them carry a limited ceiling in terms of PPG potential. Sure there are guys with clearer paths to fantasy production. But guys like Knile Davis and James Starks have value on your bench in that he won't hurt you cuz you never start him unless Lacy or Charles is out. But when those guys are out, you got an RB1 on your hands.

Users who are viewing this thread