What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

January 20th - What will happen? (1 Viewer)

But, to be fair, the left is all FOR censorship - of opposing opinions.  Look at all the applauding and laughing that is going whenever they ban a conservative?  That's the laugh and applause of someone who tows the Party line.  They don't care.

Now, if this was one of their DNC leaders, or a member of The squad or BLM you better believe they would be losing their bacon.
Not if they were telling egregious lies for two months designed to undermine faith in democracy and then turned up the rhetoric to 10 before unleashing a mob on the Capitol.  Would not be “losing my bacon”.  

Twitter would love nothing more than keeping Trump on there. It makes them money. He did this.

Like it always is with this guy it’s never his fault. 

The counter to this argument is that Twitter just voluntarily jettisoned their biggest customers. If Twitter was seriously making a power play to crush Parler, then they would have just kept Trump.
What alternative is there?

The counter to this argument is that Twitter just voluntarily jettisoned their biggest customers. If Twitter was seriously making a power play to crush Parler, then they would have just kept Trump.
What alternative is there?
My point is that this is not a power play by Twitter. They are deliberately reducing their user base and cutting their income stream.

My point is that this is not a power play by Twitter. They are deliberately reducing their user base and cutting their income stream.
And asking Apple and Google to eliminate a market threat as they do so. Seems pretty obvious. 
Wait...are you saying that these Trump supporters are just going to go back to Twitter now? Because I would hope that you would give them a little more credit than that.

According to Apple and Google they don't moderate properly. That's why they can't be on their marketplace. This isn't banning for political leanings. 
Ok so? I have plenty of apps I don't get through the store. My sports books for one

If you have evidence of multiple tweets from this account stoking violence that would necessitate a ban please post them. I'm sure neither of us really care about a 95 year old Malaysian guy.
I don't need to care to see blatant differences in how two similar things are treated based on who's tweeting.

And I'm sorry for you if you think any tweet by any individual explicitly telling people it's a right to go out and take other's lives even deserves one strike.

If you have evidence of multiple tweets from this account stoking violence that would necessitate a ban please post them. I'm sure neither of us really care about a 95 year old Malaysian guy.
I don't need to care to see blatant differences in how two similar things are treated based on who's tweeting.
Two people could say the exact same thing but be treated differently based on context. That concept is older than the English language.

And I'm sorry for you if you think any tweet by any individual explicitly telling people it's a right to go out and take other's lives even deserves one strike.
I believe Twitter felt based on analyzing traffic that they could reduce their liability by banning Trump now. I don't believe there was a similar reaction to the Malaysian ex-PM's tweet.

I am indifferent to whether Twitter bans anyone. If a leader is making dangerous statements I would rather they be in the open than on myspace.

Apple gives Parler 24 hours to give them a moderation plan because they think much of the riot was coordinated through their platform. 

CEO of Parler responds by saying Apple must be responsible for every car bomb, terrorist act and crime committed with an iPhone. 

Touche.  

Apples sux, I never understood why nerds were attracted to their controlling censoring products.  

Aren't you the guy who just explained that the Play Store wasn't even necessary?
iPhone, and Apple like to control their products just like Twitter likes to control their subscribers. They are a giant pig monopoly.  

Android APK can be installed directly from parler.com.  That's how it should be. App stores are for people whom they have control over. 

Are you being controlled by social media test - do you know how to install apps without using the app stores?  Y or N ?

Not if they were telling egregious lies for two months designed to undermine faith in democracy and then turned up the rhetoric to 10 before unleashing a mob on the Capitol.  Would not be “losing my bacon”.  
I could point to all kinds of things where Democrats undermine the faith and democracy and turn up the rhetoric to 10 before unleashing the mob.

For example, and this is just one example, you ever hear of Maxine Waters?  

Heck, have you even been around the last 4 years?

Huh?  Even one is bad enough, no?

Or do you have to move the goalposts only for Trump?

Ok so? I have plenty of apps I don't get through the store. My sports books for one
Google and Apple represent about 75% of the total downloaded apps on the world. The next 2 are Amazon and Windows. Then a Chinese app store. All 5 combined make up 97% of all the apps downloaded in the world. 

Removing an app from Google and Apple is essentially taken it from the shelves in a premium department store and throwing it into a back alley with one light bulb lit and a hobo eating a cat. Regular people aren't going to find it and they're not going to feel comfortable downloading it from there. 

This move basically ends Parler if it stays.

Google and Apple represent about 75% of the total downloaded apps on the world. The next 2 are Amazon and Windows. Then a Chinese app store. All 5 combined make up 97% of all the apps downloaded in the world. 

Removing an app from Google and Apple is essentially taken it from the shelves in a premium department store and throwing it into a back alley with one light bulb lit and a hobo eating a cat. Regular people aren't going to find it and they're not going to feel comfortable downloading it from there. 

This move basically ends Parler if it stays.
Or they could comply with the rules and get reinstated :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread