What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jared Cook (1 Viewer)

corpcow

Footballguy
Jared Cook has been getting very positive press throughout OTAs and camp and followed that up by being the NFL's leading receiver in the preseason so far (by a decent margin). Obviously, the Titans aren't a prolific passing offense but they do use the TE heavily, and by all accounts Cook is a guy who creates mismatches across the board. He's also been compared (physically) to Calvin Johnson.

My question is - what kind of upside does he have? Will he ever be a Gates type and be a viable starter in leagues that combine WR/TE? Where would you rank him for upside compared to the rookie WRs in that sense? Do you expect him to outperform/exceed Britt long term? Is there a chance he ever is moved to WR outright or otherwise featured as a #1 overall target?

Last edited by a moderator:
Has the talent to be a gates like player for sure, but this year I don't see it honestly. Scaife will limit his time on the field. Right now I see it as both getting about 45 receptions this year. Cook will be on the field on third down, that is for sure.

Potentially the top TE in the league.

As with all rookies, don't expect it this year.

Even in non-TE required leagues, I'd take him ahead of Mike Thomas, Robiskie, etc. Probably just behind DHB.

Potentially the top TE in the league. As with all rookies, don't expect it this year. Even in non-TE required leagues, I'd take him ahead of Mike Thomas, Robiskie, etc. Probably just behind DHB.
Wow... Ahead of Thomas and Robiskie? Hmm...

Have you seen Jared Cook on the field? He's listed as 6'5 but looks a shade over 6'6. Freak.

His body is WR-like but with an upper body, quick feet, and a titanium stiff-arm as well. Jared has a lot to learn but he's in the offense that allows for 2 TEs to score fantasy points.

Simply a classic dynasty TE pickup. Anything you get this year is a bonus.

I love his potential but I don't see him putting up a huge season this year like Witten or Gates.

It'd be nice to see a new TE do good things, maybe he can pull it off.

I love his potential but I don't see him putting up a huge season this year like Witten or Gates.It'd be nice to see a new TE do good things, maybe he can pull it off.
I'm talking 2-3 yrs from now, for dynasty purposes, more than this year. It's tough to expect those kinds of Witten/Gates numbers from any rookie, even a WR, let alone a TE.

For those of you familiar with him and his situation, where do you forecast his position ranking going into the 2010 season? Top 10?

Users who are viewing this thread