What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jason Witten (1 Viewer)

gkza

Footballguy
Lets talk Jason Witten. Any news on the injury?

Was in a tier of his own pre-injury.

Now he is coming off the buy, team is desperate, and QB is back.

Are owners who rostered him keeping on the bench, starting him hoping he goes, trading him? If trading what are you expecting in return.

For what it is worth, Jason Witten has the toughest schedule vs the TE for the remainder of the season.

Add this to two broken ribs, and a (possible) upgrade at the #2 WR spot in Roy Williams, and I think Witten is still solid, but not the uberstud he was over the first 8 games or so.

I took these into account and used him in a package to acquire Greg Jennings... not that anyone cares about my team, just pointing it out as a gauge on my thoughts on his prospects going forward.

from Rotoworld:

Jason Witten (ribs) was limited in Cowboys practice Wednesday.Witten had the Cowboys' Week 10 bye to rest and probably will play Sunday night against the Redskins but keep an eye on how he's listed Friday.

For what it is worth, Jason Witten has the toughest schedule vs the TE for the remainder of the season.Add this to two broken ribs, and a (possible) upgrade at the #2 WR spot in Roy Williams, and I think Witten is still solid, but not the uberstud he was over the first 8 games or so.I took these into account and used him in a package to acquire Greg Jennings... not that anyone cares about my team, just pointing it out as a gauge on my thoughts on his prospects going forward.
Thanks for sharing bro! I traded Ja Witt for Jennings straight up today :rolleyes: In week 3 the same guy wanted me to trade witten for bolding staright up. I was worried about all the plates in Boldin's face at the time...

Wondering if my fellow Witten owners are just going to plug him in this week as usual?

I know I need my head examined, but I'm considering Billy Miller over Witten this week. Brees seems to love the guy.

Wondering if my fellow Witten owners are just going to plug him in this week as usual?I know I need my head examined, but I'm considering Billy Miller over Witten this week. Brees seems to love the guy.
Starting him in PPR, and just can't bring myself to start Scheff over him, even though Scheff has the matchup.

i have witten on all of my teams, i think these first couple weeks will definitely be better than we've seen lately, and i expect him to finish the year much like he started. teams will have to jump through hoops to cover both TO and Williams, leaving the middle open for Witten and Barber

i have witten on all of my teams, i think these first couple weeks will definitely be better than we've seen lately, and i expect him to finish the year much like he started. teams will have to jump through hoops to cover both TO and Williams, leaving the middle open for Witten and Barber
:fingerscrossed:

For what it is worth, Jason Witten has the toughest schedule vs the TE for the remainder of the season.

Add this to two broken ribs, and a (possible) upgrade at the #2 WR spot in Roy Williams, and I think Witten is still solid, but not the uberstud he was over the first 8 games or so.

I took these into account and used him in a package to acquire Greg Jennings... not that anyone cares about my team, just pointing it out as a gauge on my thoughts on his prospects going forward.
uberstud??? :people_who_use_the_term_uber: :wub: you took these things into account and used him in a package to acquire Jennings? :ptts:

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't buy this argument for tight ends. (I do for RB's, which is why I traded Marion Barber.) But tight ends often are the piece of the offense that actually flourish against good defenses. At least in Witten's case, I hope this is true.

nt for tight ends. (I do for RB's, which is why I traded Marion Barber.) But tight ends often are the piece of the offense that actually flourish against good defenses. At least in Witten's case, I hope this is true.
I'm not talking about the defenses he is facing in general, but the points allowed by those defenses against the TE.

Tanner9919 said:

uberstud??? :people_who_use_the_term_uber: :wall: you took these things into account and used him in a package to acquire Jennings? :thumbup:
about the uber point... whatever.Can you explain why you're pointing to the shirt beause I got Jennings for Witten? I don't get it.

Tanner9919 said:

uberstud??? :people_who_use_the_term_uber: :) you took these things into account and used him in a package to acquire Jennings? :confused:
about the uber point... whatever.Can you explain why you're pointing to the shirt beause I got Jennings for Witten? I don't get it.
Jennings: 64 yards, TDWitten's move.

Tanner9919 said:

uberstud??? :people_who_use_the_term_uber: :rolleyes: you took these things into account and used him in a package to acquire Jennings? :ptts:
Jennings: 64 yards, TDWitten's move.
Witten: 2 catches, 34 yards.So, at least for this week, I guess I don't have to :ptts: (which was used wrong in the first place anyway)

yeah....it's officially time to look for other options....something is obviously wrong with him...the playcalling...something. I'd rather have 5 pts from Mercedes Lewis week to week...

There's just no way to predict tight ends with any accuracy at all. Witten might have a good game next week; who knows?

But here's the source of my optimism. Week 14, the Cowboys get the Steelers. Week 15, they get the Giants. Both of these teams put a lot of pressure on the QB, and they both shut down the running game. When this has happened in the past, Romo has gone to his safety valve very often, and that is Witten. So I'm hoping that he produces for me in the FF playoffs.

There's just no way to predict tight ends with any accuracy at all. Witten might have a good game next week; who knows?But here's the source of my optimism. Week 14, the Cowboys get the Steelers. Week 15, they get the Giants. Both of these teams put a lot of pressure on the QB, and they both shut down the running game. When this has happened in the past, Romo has gone to his safety valve very often, and that is Witten. So I'm hoping that he produces for me in the FF playoffs.
I hope you are right. I am worried there is more going on then hurt ribs. That is a very painfull injury but that is what the pharmacy is for.:needle:

Like everyone else is saying I don't think you can rely on Witten much anymore. He's just not getting the targets that he used to and I'm sure it's due to the injury. I know most of us drafted Witten and expected him to carry us through the season and didn't get a reliable backup. Fortunately I have Keller, I hope most of you have something to lean back on, because I don't think he's going to be putting up the numbers we expected any time soon.... Sympathys to all my fellow Witten owners ;)

Users who are viewing this thread