What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Javon Walker demands trade (1 Viewer)

He won't retire. Guys don't rehab with the intention to retire.

I just find it funny that he's now saying "It's not about the money" after him and Rosenhaus #####ed all about it last offseason.

I just find it funny that he's now saying "It's not about the money" after him and Rosenhaus #####ed all about it last offseason.
Why's that funny? I doubt it is? It now extends to a moral issue. He believes the organization to be amoral and even immoral in terms of giving the players what they deserve (which happens to be financial).Keenan McCardell did the same thing with the Bucs. Gruden had said something to him, and McCardell took him for his word. Gruden then changed his mind, and McCardell demanded a trade.

I'm a huge Packers fan and this doesn't look good. I'd say the only way this could be fixed is if the Packers gave him a huge contract very soon and I don't see them doing that (especially with the risks associated with his injury). I guess it's also possible that Favre retiring would improve his chances of returning, since it seems that he's really upset with Brett, but it would still take a new contract.

Walker has really laid the gauntlet down (much more seriously than Daunte) making it clear he has no intentions of ever playing for the Packers again. He even said some things that will likely cause him to lose a lot of support from Green Bay fans (never wanting to wear a Packers jersey again) and this will make it more unlikely he returns.

The disappointing thing is he's really the only young, impact player on their offense and possibly their whole team; and now he's probably gone. There's also no way the Packers get any comparable value in return on a trade.

Thompson is either a terrible GM and turning Green Bay into a trainwreck or he's a genious. There's almost no middle ground. None of his moves look terribly impressive on paper and conventional wisdom says that he's made a lot of below average moves. Drafting Nick Collins and clearing salary cap space are the only moves that have paid divedends so far. It's possible in 5 years he'll look like the next Ron Wolf, but I'm afraid he's more Carmen Policy.

Driver is 31.

Walker says he's out of GB.

Ferguson is habitually hurt.

Chatman is called subpar, released.

Murphy's injury likely career ending.

Not good.

If Walker leaves, is Ferguson WR2 for 2006?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thompson is either a terrible GM and turning Green Bay into a trainwreck or he's a genious.
I don't think he's a genius, so my vote is choice #1. I've not been impressed with him at all.

Driver is 31.

Not good.

Are you asking for the Packers or for fantasy? Maybe for the Packers....no way for fantasy.

Driver is 31.

Not good.

Are you asking for the Packers or for fantasy? Maybe for the Packers....no way for fantasy.
Yes, for Packers, not for fantasy.

Driver is 31.

Not good.

Donald Driver = WR1Rod Gardner = WR2

Robert Ferguson = WR3

But back to the original topic. What teams would want/need him?

NE?

MIA?

BUF?

PIT?

CLE?

TEN?

HOU?

DEN?

KC?

SD?

NYG?

PHI?

ATL?

SEA?

SF?

Surely we can whittle down a smaller list.

My top 5:

1) Kansas City

2) San Diego

3) Denver

4) N.Y. Giants

5) Philadelphia

Would he really retire if the Pack said come back?
I really believe he would not play. He would do what McCardell did.
If I'm the Packers I'd let him rot if I don't get a worthy offer. I think he'd play.
And when Favre retires, Walker is sitting on the bench, and the Packers are staring at a 2-14 record....I still don't understand why they hired a guy who had led two of the worst offenses in NFL history.

Last edited:
rehab is to be able to walk and run and live normally. He wasn't going to stop walking
*tries to think of funny joke about "Walker" not "walking"* :unsure:

Much ado about nothing. I guess last year's off season taught Walker nothing. While his patience was warn down in Green Bay he has no one to blame but himself for it. The other funny thing is he will not receive much of a contract from other clubs. Who is going to sign a guy to a new outstanding contract the year coming off a major ACL injury? Not one team will unless the contract is heavily backloaded thus making the contract appear like he is making a lot.

Walker is a joke right now and to say he holds any cards in this matter is funny. He demands a trade... once again he has no leverage. Anybody who thinks so can search for thread from last year concerning Walker. No leverage, no intelligence, need I go on?

Much ado about nothing. I guess last year's off season taught Walker nothing. While his patience was warn down in Green Bay he has no one to blame but himself for it. The other funny thing is he will not receive much of a contract from other clubs. Who is going to sign a guy to a new outstanding contract the year coming off a major ACL injury? Not one team will unless the contract is heavily backloaded thus making the contract appear like he is making a lot.

Walker is a joke right now and to say he holds any cards in this matter is funny. He demands a trade... once again he has no leverage. Anybody who thinks so can search for thread from last year concerning Walker. No leverage, no intelligence, need I go on?
Not really, but thx for letting me know at least 1 other person gets it.LMAO @ this putz. In fact that whole column was loaded with "he's so stupid it's funny" clips. word.

I actually Disagree with your comments.

What did TO do to the Eagles last year? Walker can do the same things and may have already have started.

It goes back the the comments that Brett Farve made last year which as a player is a no no. You do not get involved with another mans contract.

And I think there will be a market for him. And lets be honest you don't think a team will over pay what the Packers are paying him? Get real He will get a decent contract. Not the big one but one that will pay him a lot more than what the Packers are paying him at this point.

I guess last year's off season taught Walker nothing.
Are you kidding me? Walker turned out to be 100% correct last offseason.This is one instance where I actually don't blame the player one bit.

And now, in addition to being a lousy quarterback, Brett Favre has established himself as a lousy teammate. I didn't agree with Walker's holdout at the time, but I definitely didn't agree with Favre sticking his nose in it.

Are you kidding me? Walker turned out to be 100% correct last offseason.This is one instance where I actually don't blame the player one bit.

And now, in addition to being a lousy quarterback, Brett Favre has established himself as a lousy teammate. I didn't agree with Walker's holdout at the time, but I definitely didn't agree with Favre sticking his nose in it.
You are the one joking, no? Give me a list of players that "demanded" a trade that actually got one. Give me a list of teams that fall prey to such demands as well. Walker was 100% wrong. He had 2 years last year, we are now in the beginning stages of free agency and instead of coming to the table he is throwing hot air around like no other. Did the CBA just not get agreed on? Did free agency just not start? Walker has one year left and was told last year that they talk when they are down to one year. Did this not sink in his head? The people on this board who are all about "the players" need some of their heads examined. The owners could close up shop tomorrow and these players would be where exactly? They have it good, and it is about time the minority of those players realize that.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2361969

My gut says Chargers, but I haven't even given it two minutes thought yet. That was just the first team that popped into my head.

Eagles? Patriots?
You know, it's funny this comes out now. One of the 610 WIP radio hosts (Philly radio station) yesterday said that the Eagles were not going to address their WR problem via F/A, but by a trade. He would not (actually said he could not) elaborate. That comment, plus this thing with Walker, seems too odd to be a coincidence. Remember, Reid and the GB brass are pretty tight with each other.

This is so easy. Now that there is cap room, DEN trades one of its first rounders to GB for Walker. DEN gets the #1 WR its so desperately needs and is certainly safer than letting Shanahan burn a draft pick trying to find a WR (and he sucks at drafting WRs - actually saying he sucks at it is probably being too kind), and GB gets a #1 pick for a WR that has become a huge headache for them and may not play - then goes & gets a WR in FA and uses the draft pick on D.

Both teams come up with a huge win for their side.

Naaaaaaaah - that would just make too much sense.

Why's that funny? I doubt it is? It now extends to a moral issue. He believes the organization to be amoral and even immoral in terms of giving the players what they deserve (which happens to be financial).Keenan McCardell did the same thing with the Bucs. Gruden had said something to him, and McCardell took him for his word. Gruden then changed his mind, and McCardell demanded a trade.
Problem is he is citing examples of players causing the problems (other than Green really). McKenzie demanding things before his contract was up...Grady demanding things when they could not do anything because they had just redone part of his deal to give him cash up front...Bubba's deal ended up getting done but took time (and he got probably more than he should have).His other problem is that last year, he had alot more leverage. Coming off of a very good year...now he is coming off of a very serious injury with no way to really know how he will come back from it.

Though, if this is the attitude he will have...let him sit...or ship him out and hope we can get something for him.

But we better get another quality WR somewhere because last year's mess had alot to do with the WRs out on that field (as well as Favre before the idiots come in and say I am giving him a pass).

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2361969

My gut says Chargers, but I haven't even given it two minutes thought yet.  That was just the first team that popped into my head.

Eagles? Patriots?
You know, it's funny this comes out now. One of the 610 WIP radio hosts (Philly radio station) yesterday said that the Eagles were not going to address their WR problem via F/A, but by a trade. He would not (actually said he could not) elaborate. That comment, plus this thing with Walker, seems too odd to be a coincidence. Remember, Reid and the GB brass are pretty tight with each other.
Walker for Owens. :ph34r:

Last time I checked it was the beginning of March...before Free agency...before the draft.....I would think if he leaves that they will do something to address the WR position.

I still don't understand why they hired a guy who had led two of the worst offenses in NFL history.
Because you only look back to San Fran. NO was never one of the worst offense in NFL history.And blaming him, or any of those coaches, for San Fran last year is funny. Brand new coaches getting a team that went 2-14 the year before, rookie QB who ends up hurt...team trading the only decent QB they had, no running game, no receiving threat. Yeah...that is a recipe for a great team.

And if this does happen...to simply say if he leaves and Favre retires they will suck is a bit ridiculous given Free Agency has not begun, the draft has not happened, and that scenario would leave them about 40 mil under the cap.

It goes back the the comments that Brett Farve made last year which as a player is a no no. You do not get involved with another mans contract.
How does it all go back to that? :rolleyes:

The Packers aren't, nor should they, trade Javon. He had one big season for them and then proceeded to get hurt and be lost for a season.

Unlike some veteran players who try to leverage the "trade me or else" mantra, Javon hasn't made enough $$$ yet to willingly sit out another season. If the Packers don't call his bluff, they're foolish.

This is so easy. Now that there is cap room, DEN trades one of its first rounders to GB for Walker. DEN gets the #1 WR its so desperately needs and is certainly safer than letting Shanahan burn a draft pick trying to find a WR (and he sucks at drafting WRs - actually saying he sucks at it is probably being too kind), and GB gets a #1 pick for a WR that has become a huge headache for them and may not play - then goes & gets a WR in FA and uses the draft pick on D.

Being a Packers fan, I would love that.Doubt they would want to give up a 1st rounder though given the knee injury.

This is so easy.  Now that there is cap room, DEN trades one of its first rounders to GB for Walker.  DEN gets the #1 WR its so desperately needs and is certainly safer than letting Shanahan burn a draft pick trying to find a WR (and he sucks at drafting WRs - actually saying he sucks at it is probably being too kind), and GB gets a #1 pick for a WR that has become a huge headache for them and may not play - then goes & gets a WR in FA and uses the draft pick on D.

Being a Packers fan, I would love that.Doubt they would want to give up a 1st rounder though given the knee injury.
Exactly what I was going to say.JW has also only had 1 good year.

This is so easy.  Now that there is cap room, DEN trades one of its first rounders to GB for Walker.  DEN gets the #1 WR its so desperately needs and is certainly safer than letting Shanahan burn a draft pick trying to find a WR (and he sucks at drafting WRs - actually saying he sucks at it is probably being too kind), and GB gets a #1 pick for a WR that has become a huge headache for them and may not play - then goes & gets a WR in FA and uses the draft pick on D.

Exactly what I was going to say.JW has also only had 1 good year.
Even with one leg missing he'd still be a better trade off for a #1 pick than letting Shanahan pick up someone like Marcus freakin' Nash on his own again.

And what's with the Ted Thompson bashing? We saw how well Mike Sherman's policy of giving players big paydays before their contract were up worked out. Robert Ferguson ring a bell? What about Cletidus Hunt? He's going about it the right way.

Check my sig. That's the way it's always worked. If Walker plays good soldier last year, he probably gets taken care of this year. Now, not so much.

And what's with the Ted Thompson bashing? We saw how well Mike Sherman's policy of giving players big paydays before their contract were up worked out. Robert Ferguson ring a bell? What about Cletidus Hunt? He's going about it the right way.

Check my sig. That's the way it's always worked. If Walker plays good soldier last year, he probably gets taken care of this year. Now, not so much.
:goodposting: Amen. Walker has done this to himself. He can rot at home for a year. I'm sure teams will be lining up next year for a guy who's been out of football for two years comming off a bad knee injury.

Good luck with that...

Walker may be an idiot, but he had a decent gripe last year. I don't know why we have to rehash this same argument every 3 months on here. A team can cut a player at any time if that player is not performing up to par. If a team agrees to pay a player 2 million a year and that player underperforms....they ask you to rework your contract and take less money because you are not performing up to your salary or they cut you. However, if a player who greatly outperforms his salary and asks for a team to rework his contract and pay him more.....many of you jump on the player and call him selfish. I just don't get this hypocritical logic.

Last edited by a moderator:

You are the one joking, no? Give me a list of players that "demanded" a trade that actually got one. Give me a list of teams that fall prey to such demands as well. Walker was 100% wrong. He had 2 years last year, we are now in the beginning stages of free agency and instead of coming to the table he is throwing hot air around like no other. Did the CBA just not get agreed on? Did free agency just not start? Walker has one year left and was told last year that they talk when they are down to one year. Did this not sink in his head? The people on this board who are all about "the players" need some of their heads examined. The owners could close up shop tomorrow and these players would be where exactly? They have it good, and it is about time the minority of those players realize that.
I don't have a list, but Lav Coles wanted a trade last year, and the Skins obliged.....

Walker may be an idiot, but he had a decent gripe last year. I don't know why we have to rehash this same argument every 3 months on here. A team can cut a player at any time if that player is not performing up to par. If a team agrees to pay a player 2 million a year and that player underperforms....they ask you to rework your contract and take less money because you are not performing up to your salary or they cut you. However, if a player who greatly outperforms his salary and asks for a team to rework his contract and pay him more.....many of you jump on the player and call him selfish. I just don't get this hypocritical logic.
Did he have a decent gripe? Yes, I agree he was underpaid. However, anyone who's paid attention to Green Bay knows that they will rework deals with players who come to them and work on it behind closed doors. Bubba Franks got a new deal didn't he? And as others have said, it's probably more than Franks was worth?Walker is the one who took this to the media. Walker is the one who made this public. I'll say it again, if Walker takes care of this behind closed doors, a deal is probably already done.

Did he have a decent gripe? Yes, I agree he was underpaid. However, anyone who's paid attention to Green Bay knows that they will rework deals with players who come to them and work on it behind closed doors. Bubba Franks got a new deal didn't he? And as others have said, it's probably more than Franks was worth?Walker is the one who took this to the media. Walker is the one who made this public. I'll say it again, if Walker takes care of this behind closed doors, a deal is probably already done.
Bingo...look at Ahman Green...goes about his business...says all the right things...lets his agent do the work the right way.

Walker may be an idiot, but he had a decent gripe last year.  I don't know why we have to rehash this same argument every 3 months on here.  A team can cut a player at any time if that player is not performing up to par.  If a team agrees to pay a player 2 million a year and that player underperforms....they ask you to rework your contract and take less money because you are not performing up to your salary or they cut you.  However, if a player who greatly outperforms his salary and asks for a team to rework his contract and pay him more.....many of you jump on the player and call him selfish.  I just don't get this hypocritical logic.
Bingo...look at Ahman Green...goes about his business...says all the right things...lets his agent do the work the right way.
I agree with you guys that Walker is an idiot in his approach to getting a better contract. What I'm saying is all the people that make the blanket statement that "The player agreed to the contract....can't they read....they should live up to their agreement" BS.....clearly has no idea how the NFL works.

haha fav-re should have kept his big mouth shut.
Maybe you should do the same, it would save us all from having to read this type of ignorance.
haha disgruntled packer fans, gotta love it. Fav-re should have kept his big trap shut and you know it.

Maybe you should do the same, it would save us all from having to read this type of ignorance.
haha disgruntled packer fans, gotta love it. Fav-re should have kept his big trap shut and you know it.
Disgruntled...not at all...except at the ignorant musing of a fool like you.Favre's comments had little to nothing to do with this. Try again.

What I'm saying is all the people that make the blanket statement that "The player agreed to the contract....can't they read....they should live up to their agreement" BS.....clearly has no idea how the NFL works.
I could say the same about you given the nature of your last 2 posts.

:lmao: @ the Viqueen fan fishing and actually getting bites with postings that would make a 1st grader proud.

Users who are viewing this thread