What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jen Psaki appreciation thread (4 Viewers)

Cool picture of Doocy and Psaki. 

Most of the people who fight on The hill also drink with each other after.
There is a significant part that is show biz in DC (Isn’t there an adage that goes something like DC is Hollywood for ugly people) these press briefings with the cable news personalities definitely has a large performance aspect to it.

These folks all know they need to work together in some sense and that the contentiousness is part of the show and honestly should happen with difficult questions being asked in a live setting. 

Glad to see that these two get this. 

Question is who will take over when Jen leaves soon.  The backup now does not lie as good and gets flustered very fast but will it be racist if they bypass her?

I was hoping it would be John Kirby from the Pentagon. At least the American public wouldn't get the grim elitist Psaki like tone thrown at them daily.

If I was running the Media Optics?

I'd pick a retired military veteran, white male in a wheel chair. Remove the podium entirely. In general, most people will react instinctively to look "through" a person in a wheelchair or "look away" from them.

- A military veteran would create a push/pull with the Afghanistan disaster. But it would lend the appearance that at least some of the legacy military vote will still vote Democrat ( Which probably won't be the case in the Mid Terms and the 2024 general cycle)

- Any tough question to someone in a wheel chair will immediately look hostile.

Media Optics 101 - When you can't control the direction of the spin, you control the context where any spin happens.

Karine Jean-Pierre has stated mental health issues. She's also not qualified for this job at all. She was the "front man" for the ballot chasing in Ohio, Virginia, Michigan, Iowa, Wisconsin, Nevada, Colorado, New Hampshire and North Carolina. That means she was the conduit from dark money into black bag ops on the ground to harvest votes, clean or not, usually not.

What do I think is the long con here? My best assessment is Susan Rice hopes  KJP breaks down. If she completely disintegrates, it creates a narrative that the white washed bigoted GOP wouldn't let up on a gay black mother who tried to overcome her mental health struggles.

Ron Klain is a dark money bagman. That's it. Jennifer Dillon is basically a political groupie with a title.

Obama loyalists keep hanging around because they operate to pure cost certainty. Obama knows for sure they are his zealots first and foremost. Not some off brand zealots that can't be controlled.

Would it be spun as racist if KJP was not selected? No, not in public. The Obama/Biden/Harris/Rice regime would just shuffle her off to another post that looks like a title upgrade. Basically Beto O'Rourke's campaign. If you are a long term Obama staffer who can't get a job anywhere else because other campaigns actually want talent and people who can help them win elections, then you go hide in O'Rourke's office for a while and keep getting paid for your "loyalty"  This is how Jennifer Dillon was kept floating for a while until Biden took office.

Do you remember The Sopranos when Uncle Junior had a "Boca" mistress that had a soft job given to her through the old man's grift? Well if I'm going to give the activist complicit MSM credit for anything, it's burying all of Obama's personal indiscretions.

Essentially America's children and their children and generations in the future will suffer from catastrophic public policy because Obama needed to be Uncle Junior and force staffing onto people to keep a bunch of former groupies into soft jobs paid with your tax dollars.

MSNBC is going to shuffle it's decks probably after the Mid Term massacre for Team Blue. So Psaki's "new show" might not last very long. Her EScores rate the highest with young white women in college, usually Tier 1 level type institutions. Basically universities that are breeding factories for new Team Blue woke shock trooper zealots. In media marketing, it's called the "Embryo Karen" demographic.

So, no, if John Kirby was picked, the media spin wouldn't be called racist. Outside of the optics, would it still be racist purely from a practical employment level? No, mostly because KJP is not actually qualified for this job.

I'm going to be fair, this is a very very very very hard job to excel at and make a name for yourself with real merit. I could do it because I have vast tactical experience on the ground level across the world. But I'm a geriatric. To garner that kind of experience level and be at an age timeline where your aesthetics are still marketable can only happen with a family type nepotism situation. Basically Kyle Shanahan being given job after job because he was Mike Shanahan's son and got to leapfrog all the other dues paying processes inherent in the industry. Kyle Shanahan is actually a very good offensive coach, but the immediate pathway when he was very very young in the NFL is not actually "organic" in terms of how most people move up the food chain.

AOC has the best overall media staffing in the entire Democratic Party. But she pays out the nose for it. Everyone else has a level of suckage that is pretty pathetic overall. Working and running some politician's media is like being a guy holding a mop trying to clean the private booths at a dirty run down strip club.

The rule for real legitimate media optics talent is never work for someone who is not smarter than you at dealing with the public.

The general rule for politicians is never hire a media optics person who is essentially running your campaign and your office for you.

This intersection is why most politicians have media staffs full of idiots. Real talent with options don't want anything to do with politics.

Beto O'Rourke tried to court a lot of people onto his general staff. The problem is he's a failed musician who floated around some soft jobs his family gave him and he's achieved nothing in his life and he has no real skills. He's an idiot. And worse, he's loud while being an idiot.

That's basically Karine Jean-Pierre's career options in a nutshell. Take Press Secretary and get completely pummeled day after day while the entire nation sees you as a human sock puppet for propaganda. Or sit in a perpetual campaign where Beto keeps trying to piss against a barn wall and magically always misses anyway.

Yeah, people that weren't flawless several years ago really bother me.  And: Does all this count as the type of 'unity' that the Rs are now calling for?

VIDEO: Jen Psaki CONFRONTED By College Student In Doocy Mode On Encouraging Protestors To Intimidate SCOTUS May 19, 2022

Former White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki argued with a student who said he was going into “Peter Doocy mode” to ask a question about protests outside the homes of Supreme Court justices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxxPzkwrWGg

Jen Psaki says, "Facts Matter. And Facts Are Important"

Well, the problem is there's a video record of her entire tenure as the WHPS. And it contradicts everything she's saying. Now Psaki can parse down words down to the letter to try to defend herself, but it's intellectually dishonest and it's not ethical.

So, to be fair, there's a subset of the Rachel Maddow type crowd who love this. Low information voters who like the Karen-esque pushback.

And Psaki has high appeal to young white liberal women, from affluent backgrounds, in college.

But let's not pretend this is anything remotely coming close to "unity"

What needs to be made clear is if there was an attack on SCOTUS, the Biden Administration ( really Susan Rice) would lay it all on Psaki. They would railroad her. Which is why she was forced to go out day after day while Biden hid from the Press Corps.

Users who are viewing this thread